Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How About Comprising Our Own Ultimate Packing List?

Go down 
+11
darlene
Murphy
cruiseforme
SundayInThePark
Big Red Robyn
Anna Banana
mytee4ever
BedrockBoaters
mamacruising
LYN T
Carole
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

How About Comprising Our Own Ultimate Packing List? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How About Comprising Our Own Ultimate Packing List?   How About Comprising Our Own Ultimate Packing List? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 10:29 am

Oh lolomeme,

I never thought about wiping down or spraying those lifejackets! They sit right next to your face, after being on millions of others year after year. I wonder how often they are cleaned,hmm...... I always go after the door handles,the phone,. and the bathroom and I do spray the pillows. I know, I am bad. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
dream2cruise
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
dream2cruise

Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: How About Comprising Our Own Ultimate Packing List?   How About Comprising Our Own Ultimate Packing List? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 11:59 am

I always carry travel size items, shampoo, lotions. The only thing I carry fullsize is toothpaste and breath freshener.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How About Comprising Our Own Ultimate Packing List?   How About Comprising Our Own Ultimate Packing List? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 12:41 pm

oh now i am sick that i just never thought about the life jackets either. well they're getting lysol'd too in february. you know that whistle has never come anywhere near my hands never mind my mouth. i see people put them in their mouth and i cringe. what are they thinking? the best was when they started putting those sanitizer stations everywhere. handles? i use my shirt tail for them! if it's a push door i use my shoulder - no hands. yes i am a freek - but at least i realize this.

cruisinmama - i can't be cured but it's okay so far. i just keep looking forward. hell - i'm booked through 2012 so i'm always hoping. hope all is well with you too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How About Comprising Our Own Ultimate Packing List?   How About Comprising Our Own Ultimate Packing List? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 1:04 pm

Faith & Hope are a few of the good things that come with a diagnosis. If there is such a thing.I Just take one day at a time now,and appreciate all it's worth.. I have had it twice in the last 7 years, the last was 2 years ago in March.Finished chemo last year. Doing well at the moment, Thank you. And you go girl! Booked through 2012 is great!
Reminds me of something my Mother used to say to me( She was from England). Winston Churchill said " If your going through hell, keep going!" Jedi

I look forward to getting to meet you on that Mystery Cruise. Smile

~Jackie
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How About Comprising Our Own Ultimate Packing List?   How About Comprising Our Own Ultimate Packing List? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 1:19 pm

Bringing list forward:

Never leave home without:

anti-bacterial wipes or spray
multiple sizes of Ziplocs
battery operated alarm clock that glows in the dark
night light or small flashlight or penlight
multi-plug outlet
lightweight travel blanket
fist aid kit
otc meds
bubble wrap for souvenirs
travel size Woolite for washables
Two-way radios
bag for dirty laundry to kepp separate
notepad
thermal auto mug
couple small clothes pins to hang wet bathing suits on the clothesline in the bathroom.
waterproof wallet for beach trips
nail clippers

Things I thought I needed and will never bring again:

Blender (yes I bought a cheap blender once...)
Sorry, but I don't need the over the door shoe bag, or makeup kit
I haven't used duct tape, or an extension cord even though I've brought it a few times...

PostSubject: Re: How About Comprising Our Own Ultimate Packing List?   How About Comprising Our Own Ultimate Packing List? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 1:31 pm

if anyone has an ipod touch it doubles as a travel alarm and flashlight
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How About Comprising Our Own Ultimate Packing List?   How About Comprising Our Own Ultimate Packing List? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 2:10 pm

You know those little bags that your newspaper comes in when it is raining or snowing outside? I use them to pack shoes. It keeps the pairs together nicely, and away from clothes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How About Comprising Our Own Ultimate Packing List?   How About Comprising Our Own Ultimate Packing List? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How About Comprising Our Own Ultimate Packing List?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2