Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wine and Dine Packages on Royal Caribbean

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dr Demento
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Dr Demento

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2008-01-18

Wine and Dine Packages on Royal Caribbean Empty
PostSubject: Wine and Dine Packages on Royal Caribbean   Wine and Dine Packages on Royal Caribbean Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 3:54 pm

Has anyone on here purchased Royal Caribbean's Wine and Dine Package? If so, were you satisfied with the wine selections?
Back to top Go down
dream2cruise
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
dream2cruise

Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Wine and Dine Packages on Royal Caribbean   Wine and Dine Packages on Royal Caribbean Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 4:08 pm

My friend bought one and if you are an avid wine drinker it is worth it. She said the selection was very good. That was 3 years ago.
Back to top Go down
Boca Brats
Charter Member
Charter Member
Boca Brats

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Wine and Dine Packages on Royal Caribbean   Wine and Dine Packages on Royal Caribbean Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 5:11 pm

I actually find the wine and dine convenient. I like the Diamond Package and, I love the fact that I can purchase it prior to sailing and that's one less expense on my on-board account. The wine selection is good - check it out here http://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/Diamond_W&D_Selections.pdf
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wine and Dine Packages on Royal Caribbean   Wine and Dine Packages on Royal Caribbean Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 12:55 am

For anyone who has used the Wine and Dine package, how does it work?? Can you select wine for your cabin as well as the dining room?? It would be nice to drink wine before/after dinner in the cabin as well. What is you don't consume all bottles before the end of your cruise ... can we select and take home??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wine and Dine Packages on Royal Caribbean   Wine and Dine Packages on Royal Caribbean Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 8:00 am

from their website:

*Terms & Conditions
Selections are offered in the dining room and specialty
restaurants, including the Windjammer Café. Your Wine & Dine
package card/sticker must be presented to your server when ordering.
Selections are limited and subject to availability, and alternate
selections of equal value may be substituted at the discretion of the
maitre d'. Royal Caribbean's Wine & Dine package card/sticker has
no cash value, is nontransferable and is valid only during the voyage
for which it was purchased. A Wine & Dine package card/sticker
cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotional programs and
cannot be credited toward any other purchases, including the wine list.
Not all Wine & Dine packages are available for all voyages. Prices
are subject to change without notice. During the cruise, unfinished
bottles of wine may be taken back to your stateroom. At the end of the
cruise, any unopened bottles may be taken home.
Wine and Dine Packages on Royal Caribbean S Wine and Dine Packages on Royal Caribbean S
Back to top Go down
Murphy
Resident Expert & Charter Member
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 1644
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Wine and Dine Packages on Royal Caribbean   Wine and Dine Packages on Royal Caribbean Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 10:12 am

Livabeth wrote:
For anyone who has used the Wine and Dine package, how does it work?? Can you select wine for your cabin as well as the dining room?? It would be nice to drink wine before/after dinner in the cabin as well. What is you don't consume all bottles before the end of your cruise ... can we select and take home??

I've pre-purchased the wine program several times and have purchased it onboard as well.

If you prepurchase it thru Gifts and Gear, the first night at dinner your waiter will set up the program for you. I've had it work different ways. On some ships you receive a sticker for your set sail pass with the number of bottles purchased on the sticker. In that case we signed for each bottle as we ordered it. Other times we were presented with a wine card and the punched out the # of bottles as we ordered them.

The purchases are tied to the dining facilities, which include room service. It does NOT include the bars or lounges, however, so you can't pick up a bottle in the Schooner Bar for example. If you want a bottle delivered to your cabin, you call room service. Any unfinished bottle from the dining room can be kept by them for the next night or taken with you to drink in your cabin. The only thing I've never tried to do is order a bottle to come to the cabin "before" the first dinner when I got my card or sticker....

The wines are from a limited list, which is available on the Gifts and Gear sight. Some are a very good value and some are not. For example, if you purchase the Diamond package, make sure you plan to order the more expensive wines, since the Diamond package also include some of the wines from the cheaper Gold Package!!!! If your wine tastes lean toward the Gold Package, don't waste your money spending the extra upcharge for the Diamond list.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wine and Dine Packages on Royal Caribbean   Wine and Dine Packages on Royal Caribbean Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 12:49 am

Thank you for the information. I will definitely have to invest in the wine package when we sail on RCCL ... i love my wine!! I only wish they had a "slushy drink" package as well ... i love them as well. I'll just have to decide on what package level to chose.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wine and Dine Packages on Royal Caribbean   Wine and Dine Packages on Royal Caribbean Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wine and Dine Packages on Royal Caribbean
Page 1 of 1