Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

QE - Anything new to report?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

QE - Anything new to report? Empty
PostSubject: QE - Anything new to report?   QE - Anything new to report? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 4:20 pm

Nina, I realize we're still 2 years away from the tentative inaugural for the new QE but, I was wondering if you have any inside information? I just want to remind everyone that we should start to getting our plans in order - April will be here soon and before you know it is time to book so maybe we should a bit more serious about selecting a hotel, things to do in London, hotel in Southampton...
Back to top Go down
Dr Donna
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2007-10-30

PostSubject: Re: QE - Anything new to report?   QE - Anything new to report? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 4:39 pm

I'm going to lurk about for this thread - depending on actual dates I may join you!
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

Number of posts : 889
Registration date : 2007-09-05

PostSubject: Re: QE - Anything new to report?   QE - Anything new to report? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 5:52 pm

The only thing I heard during my trip was the plan for a Southampton Inaugural event which is what we had already suspected. Either there is just not that much information out there or everyone onboard is sworn to secrecy!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ambiancetc.com
Cruise Liner Fan
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: Re: QE - Anything new to report?   QE - Anything new to report? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 9:39 am

Here is a link to a page that had a drawing of what the new Queen Elizabeth will look like on the fincantieri website http://www.fincantieri.it/CMS/Data/prodotti/000292.aspx?cms640909ff=22bb40ac46ae4ed5a6b7def20ba492ca&menu_key=64dc64b6&CMSKEY_categoria=CRUISE&CMSKEY_tipo=&CMSKEY_armatore=Q3VuYXJk&CMSKEY_anno=CMSKEY_sottotitolo= As you can see the new Queen Elizabeth is an identical sister ship to the Queen Victoria Regards,Jerry
Back to top Go down
Kindlychap
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: QE - Anything new to report?   QE - Anything new to report? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 3:14 pm

QE will be very similar to QV - but slightly larger to enable the boast that she's the second largest Cunarder ever. For Jerry - think the side screens on Titanic over Olympic to make the boast that Titanic was larger.

My protestations of doom (see earlier posts) may have become more convincing in recent weeks, given the major slow down in word economies.

Matthew
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: QE - Anything new to report?   QE - Anything new to report? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 9:22 am

In the meantime, until we have official word, there is no reason we cannot continue on going as planned.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: QE - Anything new to report?   QE - Anything new to report? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

QE - Anything new to report?
Page 1 of 1