Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Bobby Van's NYC - Thumbs up

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Down The Shore Guy
Charter Member
Charter Member
Down The Shore Guy

Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2007-08-12

Bobby Van's NYC - Thumbs up Empty
PostSubject: Bobby Van's NYC - Thumbs up   Bobby Van's NYC - Thumbs up Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 7:49 pm

I took this past Friday off and, Maria and I headed into the city. Not something we do too often because we live down on the Jersey shore and taking the train in is a long 2 hour journey and, driving is just a headache trying to find parking. Anyhow, we decided we would stay the weekend and make it really fun. I'm writing to your from The Iroquois Hotel on 44th which I must say has turned out to be a very pleasant surprise.

I'll get to the hotel in a minute - back to Bobby Van's - as locals will know there are several locations and we ate at the one on W50th. Let me tell you from the service to the food it was simply flawless. I had Steak Gorgonzola and Maria had Filet Mignon. The meat was perfectly cooked and probably one of the most tender and tasty steaks I've had - ever. We ordered a side of Mashed Potatoes which serves 2 and, they were also very, very good. I am warning you now - bring your appetites - the portions are enormous!

Our waiter was very attentive and never had to ask for water or anything. He was efficient without being instrusive. We we so full we skipped dessert but we did linger over coffee. I promise you - this is going to make for an extra special pre-cruise dinner and we're in for a real treat. I can't wait to return.

Now on to The Iroquois - we've often passed by this little jewel of a hotel but, never gave any thought to staying here. We have a deluxe room on the 6th floor and it's perfect for our needs. We usually stay a little more "East" such as The Palace or the St. Regis but, since was pretty last minute - we figured we'd give it a try. The staff has been wonderful to us and, the only real down side I can give you is that there isn't a huge lobby area. The location is ideal - we're within easy walking distance to Times Square and yet, not far from 5th Avenue shopping. We're adding this hotel to our thumbs up list.

Well that's all for now, we're off to the St. James Theatre to see Gypsy with Patti LuPone and then we're having a late dinner at Da Marino. :eat:
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

Number of posts : 889
Registration date : 2007-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Van's NYC - Thumbs up   Bobby Van's NYC - Thumbs up Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 12:37 am

Sounds like a fun weekend! Thanks for posting the reviews Very Happy you have my mouth watering! :eat:

"Hopelessly lost when not planning a cruise."

www.ambiancetc.com
Nina@ambiancetc.com - Time to book your cabin on the Cunard group cruises!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ambiancetc.com
Down The Shore Guy
Charter Member
Charter Member
Down The Shore Guy

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Van's NYC - Thumbs up   Bobby Van's NYC - Thumbs up Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 8:57 am

My pleasure Nina - we're all in for a serious treat at Bobby Van's. Da Marino was also excellent and if we ever want an excellent Italian restaurant in the Theater District, this is one to keep on the short list. And Gyspy was wonderful. Overall it's been one of our better weekends in NYC and, I hate going home this afternoon Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Peter M
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Peter M

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Van's NYC - Thumbs up   Bobby Van's NYC - Thumbs up Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 8:00 pm

Thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Van's NYC - Thumbs up   Bobby Van's NYC - Thumbs up Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 10:50 am

All the Bobby Van's are great! And, you're right, it's just going to be that much more special!
Back to top Go down
Down The Shore Guy
Charter Member
Charter Member
Down The Shore Guy

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Van's NYC - Thumbs up   Bobby Van's NYC - Thumbs up Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 1:24 pm

I am so ready to go back :eat:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Van's NYC - Thumbs up   Bobby Van's NYC - Thumbs up Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bobby Van's NYC - Thumbs up
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board :: Cruise Line Specific Boards :: Cunard-
Jump to: