Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2007-08-09

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 8:25 pm

Hi All,

Susan - I liked the giraffe...but LOVE the lion.

OK, ladies...Patti was NOT arrested or put in handcuffs. She just mentioned that security was rather out of line for returning to the ship. She can give you the details, but I guess some of the "searchers" were what we would consider "out of line".

Went out for a late lunch and will have Marie Callendar's lemon cream pie later.

We're checking cruises for April or May...don'e think we can last til December next year for another cruise. Withdrawal is the pitts!
Back to top Go down
Murphy
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 1644
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 8:44 pm

Everyone's meals sound good!

I wish I had checked in here earlier to see that most of you were having a relaxing day,and wish I'd followed your lead! I've just spent the last hour on my hands and knees scrubbing our bathroom floor! When I pulled up the bath rugs this morning to wash them, most of the rubberized backing stuck to the floor! On our way back from my girlfriends, we stopped to buy a couple new bath mats (not rubberized this time!) So before I could put them down I had to basically chisel the rubber remanents off the tile! I had no idea it could stick like that! What a PITA!

Jul, I do think the thread went too far and am not surprised there is a rebuttal.

Chris, thank for noticing my Lion! I'm have a great time editting my 200+ pictures and picking out ones to have blown up. I've decided to decorate the family room in a tropical African theme using my photos from this trip.
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

Number of posts : 1251
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 8:50 pm

Gee Chris, you mean Patti wasn't thrown in the brig? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 9:03 pm

Evening all, kids are gone and thank heavens they took their dogs with them!!!

So much noise.

We had a good time though celebrating my son's birthday.

Finishing up the last of my work for the weekend, thankfully it will be a short week as John and I are both taking Thurs and Fri off. Thur we're going to the Texas State Fair and Friday we're running errands, drivers license for me and I think John is going in for an eye exam.

I do not know what to think of the NCL post its just mean even if it is pointed at you know who.

d
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 9:19 pm

hi all............

Love the lion, too..........maybe cuz Im a Leo!!!

Yup,got the $10 Kohls card.......and snagged my inlaws one too.............didnt get bedding there(got it at Penneys)...also went to the new HH Greggs.....didnt buy anything there.........

Chris---i think Patti being in handcuffs is a great story.....hahahah

TAR is running late tonite cuz of the football game and 60 mins.......

You all are eating good today.........We've been doing low carb for 2 weeks now.................so far,I lost 7 pounds ....lots more to go...........would love to lose some before my SS cruise in 3 weeks...........havent had ANY alcohol(except for when Jul is pouring) since my Sept 12th cruise..........

Well, nite all.................
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 9:45 pm

Ginny - WE ALL know Patti could break out if she were in the brig...she's not one to be restrained Wink Wink roflmao

Susan - I used to have three very large pictures, the lion, lioness and 2 cubs. With so many oil painting in this house, gave them to our brother who loved those pictures. Since he's passed on I suppose his wife has probably sold them.

Kathy - Glad you had a good shopping expedition today. Congrats on the weight loss, but you don't look like you need to lose much more.
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 10:20 pm

Susan.....love the lion! Such great photos...

Yup, the thread went wayyy too far....It has been comical reading some of the 'digs' but that one was a little out there.

Kathy.......i'll make sure I'm pouring a 'lo cal' wine!!

jul Smile
Back to top Go down
Exairgoddess1
Charter Member
Charter Member
Exairgoddess1

Number of posts : 319

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 1:26 am

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 38 BirthdaypopHappy Birthday Patti in the Hawaiian Islands....have a Mai Tai for me!!!

Susan, love the Lion too! Our Guest Bedroom is decorated in African Big Cat. Bamboo furniture and I blew up the photos I took of Cheetahs mostly, but a Male Lion and also Lionesses with cubs, and a leopard while in Tanzania. Curtains and bed are leopard. My fav cat is Cheetah and I actually got to pet a Cheetah once!!!

Going to call RCI and book 2 more cruises tomorrow as we want to get rid of these Next Cruises before Oct. 15 since we are stockholders as well...what a pain...but it gets me 2 more cruises in 2009! Kathy, will let you know when and where if I get what we want.

Mar~
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 9:51 am

Good Morning Ladies: Hope everyone's dinners were great (they sounded wonderful)

Kathy: What is HH GREGG??? Don't have any over here yet!

Chris & Mar: Good Luck with picking and choosing the cruises and let us know ASAP what you wind up doing...

We had a nice rain yesterday and looks like we will get more of the same today...Taped AR last night so will watch it this afternoon when Dave gets home...

Everyone have a good day and i'll be back Later, Jill Cool

Up Next: Fr 11/09, Solstice 2/10, Oasis 10/10, Holiday Mystery Cruise 12/10
Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 38 PolarBearBanner1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 10:58 am

cruiseforme wrote:
Susan.....love the lion! Such great photos...

Yup, the thread went wayyy too far....It has been comical reading some of the 'digs' but that one was a little out there.

Kathy.......i'll make sure I'm pouring a 'lo cal' wine!!

jul Smile

Jul was that thread on the NCL board?

The one that was briefly on the RCCL board, FitzLa said "If you knew her you would agree" and he was BANNED FOR LIFE. Crying or Very sad

Boring day today. I have to decide what to do in Belize. The hubby is no help. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 11:13 am

jul Smile[/quote]

The one that was briefly on the RCCL board, FitzLa said "If you knew her you would agree" and he was BANNED FOR LIFE. Crying or Very sad

Boring day today. I have to decide what to do in Belize. The hubby is no help. Rolling Eyes[/quote]

Michele: Yes the thread is on the NCL board by Host Star...
As for Belize when we were there this past January, Diane, John and Moi did the cave tubing and it was wonderful...My DH decided not to do it but we had a great time and the water wasn't that cold at all...There is alot of walking until you reach the river (about 20 minutes) but the tubing was fantastic...We did not go thru the ship and were back in plenty of time...
The first time we were in Belize we did a tour thru the ship and it was awful (I think it was called the locomotive tour) no locomotive but an open air tram that took you thru the seedy parts of Belize...I do not recommend this one at all!!! Later, Jill

Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 11:57 am

I agree with Jill the cave tubing was the best, I would love to try it again when the weather is a lot warmer.

First time we were there with our DD we did the zoo and City tour and we did enjoy that although the buses they use leave a lot to be desired.

If you are interested in doing the tour outside the ship the operator is cavetubing.com they are good and even with the tip it was cheaper than the ship for the same cave tubing tour.

As far as our friend is concerned, people will continue to get banned for life as long as she continues to post her nonsense. I got banned and then when I tried to reason with them they didn't want to hear anything from me. So here I am! I'm waiting for the day when the rest of the NCL posters wake up and smell the coffee.

d
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 1:10 pm

The kids are too young for the cave right now. Sad And Jill, I saw that train tour...the one that looks like a train but drives through the city, yeah not for me. I agree with you.

D - What if I did the zoo tour with the jungle boat (20 mile ride) and avoid the bus? Is the zoo worth it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 2:46 pm

Hi all..............

Jill-HH Greggs is like Best Buy.......electronics/appliances,etc...........so far,I prefer BB............

Michelle--we're also figuring out what to do in Belize....... I have been there 3 times before and have used these people ...... http://www.coralbreezetours.com/ I'd recommend them..

Mar--my puter room is African theme too...................we have alot of themes going.....one is Caribbean.....

Jul---I might have to switch over to Diet Coke and rum.,, NO CARBS!! Laughing

Thanks Chris for the compliment,but being 5'7" sure helps hide the extra weight.......my clothes are just tight right now...

Just looked and patti is now out on the open waters.....5 more days till they get off in San Diego..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 3:11 pm

Good Afternoon All. Had a busy day yesterday but I did check out the NCL thread. I agree it went too far even with who it was.

When we were in Belize we did a Ruins Tour but I guess that wouldn't entertain the kids although it was really fascinating. I think this time we may just take the tender over and mill around the port area for a while then go back to the ship. Nothing else takes my fancy at the moment.

It was cold this morning when I went out now the sun's gone and it's getting cold again. Watched TAR last night I wont discuss the result until Jill watches the DVR. I'm really bummed about Misty Mae especially since that means Maks will be gone too. If they decide not to have an elimination this week that means we have Cloris for another week. BadIdea

Did anyone see the SNL debate skit? Too funny.

Back to top Go down
Exairgoddess1
Charter Member
Charter Member
Exairgoddess1

Number of posts : 319

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 3:12 pm

Kathy....we are going to become "Mariner groupies" next year (I guess if my friends Jean and Celia are Monarch groupies, we can become Mariner ones!)
You can add Mariner 2009 to May 10th (my birthday cruise) and Dec 6th...a Christmas Cruise.

Wanted to just get rid of the Next Cruises. As stockholders they are no longer of any use to us.

Mar~
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 3:26 pm

crusinmama06 wrote:
The kids are too young for the cave right now. Sad And Jill, I saw that train tour...the one that looks like a train but drives through the city, yeah not for me. I agree with you.

D - What if I did the zoo tour with the jungle boat (20 mile ride) and avoid the bus? Is the zoo worth it?

Sorry I just realized that I did not answer the original question fully, the zoo is out in the middle of no where, I'd think you'd still need to take the bus to the Zoo.

It's not like the National Zoo, lot's of walking nothing is paved we enjoyed it. Our daughter was 17 when we took her and she really liked it what we did not enjoy was the people who did not listen to the guide and seemed to wander. The zoo is a jungle and they did not seem to grasp that. And, when he told the kids not to touch certain things he meant it.

d
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 3:38 pm

Got it Mar...........PS.Mariner is my fav ship!!

Oct
10th--Jean/Ginny--Monarch--BajaMexico
27th--Kathy--Sovereign--Bahamas

Nov
8th--Diane/Jill--Liberty-- E. Carib
9th--Jean/Marilyn--Vision--Mexican Riveria(with DirtGirl)
22nd--Nancy--Voyager--Med
29th --Barb/Nancy--Voyager-- Barcelona TA

Dec
14th--Jen--Vision--Mexican Riveria
15th--Kathy--Navigator--WCarib
18th--Jean--AzamaraJourney--Panal Canal

January
11th-Diane/Marilyn--Voyager-WCarib
18th--Marilyn/Diane-Voyager-WCarib
30th--Jul--Jewel-Panama Canal

Feb
1st--Sheila-Independence-WCarib
5th--Kathy-Navigator-WCarib

8th--Susan--Adventure-SoCarib

April
19th--Jean/Marilyn/Ginny--Mariner--Mexican Riveria
26th--Patti/Sheila/Nancy--Radiance--SoAmerica to San Diego

May
10th--Marilyn--Mariner--Mexican Riveria
16th--Jean--AzamaraBest of Italy

Jun
8th--Barb--Monarch--Bahamas
21st--Jen/Ginny--Mariner--Mexican Riveria

Aug
30th--Ginny--Mariner--Mexican Riveria

Sept
2nd--Patti/GinnyRae--Jewel--TA
6th--Marilyn--Mariner--Mexican Riveria
14th--Patti--Jewel--NewEngland/Canada
24th/28th(b2b)--Susan--Enchantment--WCarib

Oct
4th--Kathy--Freedom--ECarib
4th--Jean--Radiance--Mexico
9th--Jean--Radiance--Mexico
25th--Jill/Diane--GoldenPrincess--Hawaii

Nov
16th--Jean--Radiance--Mexico
20th--Nancy--Solstice--Med
23th--Barb-- Independence--England & PARIS TA
30th--Nancy--Solstice--TA

Dec
6th--Marilyn--Mariner--MexicanRiveria
7th---Chris & Martha--Grandeur--ECarib
26th--Jean--SapphirePrincess--MexicanRiveria

Jan
9th--Jul--Oasis--ECarib
16th--Jul--Oasis--ECarib

Feb
26th--Sheila--Rhapsody--Australia(b2b)

March
15th--Sheila/Nancy--Rhapsody--Australia/New Zealand

April
12th--Sheila--Rhapsody--Sydney to Hawaii

Sept
25th--Susan--Oasis--ECarib

Oct
9th--Jill/Diane--Oasis--ECarib
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 5:17 pm

Sheila: You may discuss TAR now....Tina is really a PITA!!!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 5:23 pm

[quote="PH8"]Got it Mar...........PS.Mariner is my fav ship!!

Hi, PH8... I have a group sailing on the Mariner over Christmas 2009 and if you get a moment could you share with me some of the reasons why you feel the Mariner is your favorite ship. I'd appreciate the info
Back to top Go down
misseddie
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
misseddie

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 6:00 pm

Murphy wrote:
Hey Charlie! You are correct, it's beautiful at someone else's home for sure! You and Janet are welcome to come experience the thrill of shoveling any time!!!! Miss you!
Hey Susan; So good to hear you! cheers It's great when you can put a voice to the typed word. ThumpsUp As for shovelling, you should know that I am well used to that. Trouble is that it's not normally snow we find in the stables. lol!
Back to top Go down
misseddie
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
misseddie

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 6:38 pm

critterchick wrote:
I'm making beef stew. I have some roasting lamb, too, think I'll make a curry with that. mmmm.
So what time do you want us round Jean? Sounds delicious!
vlscruiser wrote:
Does anyone know if Patti has gotten out of handcuffs yet??? Not trying to start any rumors or anything. Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 38 Icon_biggrin
SEE Patti! It's not just me! If the orange suit fits.......... roflmao

cruisinmama06 wrote:

The one that was briefly on the RCCL board, FitzLa said "If you knew her you would agree" and he was BANNED FOR LIFE. Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 38 Icon_cry
Don't know who you all are talking about but I think we've all met someone that fits the bill - although I do know one in particular that just keeps on complaining.Rolling Eyes Just don't understand the attitude. scratch
PH8 wrote:
Just looked and patti is now out on the open waters...
Don't tell me they set her adrift......

Jean I hope your back's feeling better. If not then have a couple of rum & cokes before laying down in the dark & dreaming of cruising the 7 seas.
bfn
Charlie.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 8:20 pm

Hey Kathy - while you are keeping the list, can you please add me to Sheila's cruise - Indy on Feb 1 and then with Jul, Oasis on Jan, 16th, 2010 Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 8:29 pm

Sure,will do!!! Isnt it nice you are cruising with 2 people from this roll call??? You have alot in common already..........

we also have a birthday/anniv list.........(with our names and spouse too!!)

Oct
10th--Jean/Ginny--Monarch--BajaMexico
27th--Kathy--Sovereign--Bahamas

Nov
8th--Diane/Jill--Liberty-- E. Carib
9th--Jean/Marilyn--Vision--Mexican Riveria(with DirtGirl)
22nd--Nancy--Voyager--Med
29th --Barb/Nancy--Voyager-- Barcelona TA

Dec
14th--Jen--Vision--Mexican Riveria
15th--Kathy--Navigator--WCarib
18th--Jean--AzamaraJourney--Panal Canal

January
11th-Diane/Marilyn--Voyager-WCarib
18th--Marilyn/Diane-Voyager-WCarib
30th--Jul--Jewel-Panama Canal

Feb
1st--Sheila/Michelle-Independence-WCarib
5th--Kathy-Navigator-WCarib

8th--Susan--Adventure-SoCarib

April
19th--Jean/Marilyn/Ginny--Mariner--Mexican Riveria
26th--Patti/Sheila/Nancy--Radiance--SoAmerica to San Diego

May
10th--Marilyn--Mariner--Mexican Riveria
16th--Jean--AzamaraBest of Italy

Jun
8th--Barb--Monarch--Bahamas
21st--Jen/Ginny--Mariner--Mexican Riveria

Aug
30th--Ginny--Mariner--Mexican Riveria

Sept
2nd--Patti/GinnyRae--Jewel--TA
6th--Marilyn--Mariner--Mexican Riveria
14th--Patti--Jewel--NewEngland/Canada
24th/28th(b2b)--Susan--Enchantment--WCarib

Oct
4th--Kathy--Freedom--ECarib
4th--Jean--Radiance--Mexico
9th--Jean--Radiance--Mexico
25th--Jill/Diane--GoldenPrincess--Hawaii

Nov
16th--Jean--Radiance--Mexico
20th--Nancy--Solstice--Med
23th--Barb-- Independence--England & PARIS TA
30th--Nancy--Solstice--TA

Dec
6th--Marilyn--Mariner--MexicanRiveria
7th---Chris & Martha--Grandeur--ECarib
26th--Jean--SapphirePrincess--MexicanRiveria

Jan
9th--Jul--Oasis--ECarib
16th--Jul/Michelle--Oasis--ECarib

Feb
26th--Sheila--Rhapsody--Australia(b2b)

March
15th--Sheila/Nancy--Rhapsody--Australia/New Zealand

April
12th--Sheila--Rhapsody--Sydney to Hawaii

Sept
25th--Susan--Oasis--ECarib

Oct
9th--Jill/Diane--Oasis--ECarib
Back to top Go down
Murphy

Number of posts : 1644

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 9:18 pm

Exairgoddess1 wrote:
Bamboo furniture and I blew up the photos I took of Cheetahs mostly, but a Male Lion and also Lionesses with cubs, and a leopard while in Tanzania. Curtains and bed are leopard. My fav cat is Cheetah and I actually got to pet a Cheetah once!!!

Mar~

OK, this one is for you!!!! Not the best picture I took, but not bad....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 38 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board :: Cruise Line Specific Boards :: Royal Caribbean :: Royal Caribbean All Aboard! (Roll Call) :: 2007-
Jump to: