Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+10
cruiseforme
nancyk2sea
Exairgoddess1
GrmyCRS
cruisenfever
JJ2sail
jillybabes
frudutx
critterchick
vlscruiser
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 6:22 pm

Will do,Jill!!

I really have to say my goodbyes now.........I have to pack.........Ugh......been out all day and now have to get busy............and Dennis has to pack when he gets home...........hes' been going back and forth to Key west(twice) since Tuesday).....I offered to pack,but he said thanks,but no thanks.......hes so picky.....

Havea super weekend all...............
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 7:10 pm

Kathy.....BON VOYAGE......have a great cruise. HappyHappyJoyJoy

jul Smile
Back to top Go down
jillybabes
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 1741
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 7:48 pm

Kathy: Have a wonderful time...Say hi to Paul & Judy...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 8:01 pm

I will........

Thanks all...................I promise this is the last post.......hahah.............gotta go pick up Dennis.......
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

Number of posts : 1251
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 8:05 pm

Kathy and Mar have a wonderful cruise and bring back great stories of all the fun you had. WooHoo
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 8:36 pm

Bon Voyage Kathy................hope you have great weather.
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 9:51 pm

Thanks Patti for the info. Atleast I will know what to expect.

Gotta go get dinner ready!
Back to top Go down
Murphy

Number of posts : 1644

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 10:06 pm

Evening all! Guess I missed some stuff... as usual!
BV to Mar and Kathy!
Happy Belated B-Day to Jim!
Congrats to Jean on the OBC! You'll have to email me your current TA, sounds like a good one!

Diane, it looks like Ike is headed your way! Keep dry! Patti, Ike was supposed to hit here on Sat, but a nice little HIGH is keeping him south of us I HOPE! It did look like you might catch a little of him though!

Well, I'm starting to get excited about my non-cruise! Things are getting organized at work and I'm pretty sure they will survive without me. My new employee that started earlier this month has been fabulous! If she hadn't started, I would probably be panicing right now! I got my hair and brows done tonight and have an appointment for Saturday for a mani/pedi. I have NOT started packing however. Not even a single suitcase out of the closet yet... It should be an easy pack though, all shorts/capris and swimsuits! And we really only have to pack for 4 nights since we will be at my Dads with washing machines after Disney!

Oh, and best of all, I found a replacement cabin mate for my Feb cruise! She signed on tonight, so I don't have to worry about that too! Gee, maybe I should go buy a lotto ticket or something!
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 10:40 pm

Hi Susan............yes they are predicting rain overnight and then everyday through Monday. There are so many fronts that I don't know which one is Ike..............but he's in there somewhere.

Enjoy your time in Florida. Hope you have great weather. Glad that you found somebody that can oversee the office while you are gone.
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 11:40 pm

I think we're allowed to share TA names on this website, aren't we? Well, let's just see:

We used to use and have started using again SureCruise, which is primarily an Internet TA. I don't even remember how we found them. In any event, our agent is Kathy Cunningham. (877) 346-3433 or (603) 505-8339, kathy.cunningham@surecruise.com. If she's not there we talk to Donna Barnett, who can be reached at the toll-free number, too.
Back to top Go down
critterchick

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 11:40 pm

And in case my prior post goes poof, Bon Voyage to Kathy, too!
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 9:31 am

Morning all...........looks like Diane has some not so nice weather coming, then Ike heads north and misses us just to the south but aiming for Ohio.....hope he's quiet by time he hits u Patti!

Have a great day everyone........hope all our sailors have great weather....

Susan, have fun on your 'land' vacation....

jul Smile
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 9:45 am

cruiseforme wrote:
Morning all...........looks like Diane has some not so nice weather coming, then Ike heads north and misses us just to the south but aiming for Ohio.....hope he's quiet by time he hits u Patti!

Have a great day everyone........hope all our sailors have great weather....

Susan, have fun on your 'land' vacation....

jul Smile

Yes, stopping for groceries on the way home I added candles to the list. Have plently of supplies but if the power goes out I'm SOL. Laughing I think we have a camp stove somewhere just not sure we have those small containers of propane anymore. They say the worst of it will go east of us and all we'll get is wind and rain. Need to remind John to let some water out of the pool tomorrow. And, tomorrow is the heart walk in Dallas Perot is a sponsor so they expect us to show up to support. Hope the rain holds off until after we're done a little breeze would be nice though.

Susan have a safe trip. 8 more weeks for Jill & I Cool . And of course John & Dave too! Embarassed

d
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 10:38 am

Diane........guess my family will get blasted in Denton......(forgot about them being in Tx!!) YIKES

Tried signing up the the gangway through the email--kept saying my email address is invalid....so then I went to the email for signing up specifically and it says it's already registered...whaaaaaattttttt??????....oh well......hopefully I'll get it!!!

I copied off online the other day a list of things to prepare to grab in case of disasters.....never thought of some of the stuff (like kids school records, shot records ect)....gotta work on that since ya never know anymore!

have a great day...........

WISH I WERE SAILING AWAY TODAY Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 11:41 am

Morning everyone....................it's rainy and dreary here...............guess it will be on and off until Monday when Ike is supposed to arrive.

Diane, please take care of yourself and John. Hoping that you both will be safe. We will be thinking of you both.
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 2:58 pm

Have been watching the Houston weather via the web and there are parts of Galveston Island already under water and the water has already started to come over the seawall. Almost afraid to think about what the Island is going to be like when the storm hits.

d
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 4:07 pm

Gosh Diane! Just how the heck close to all of it are you?? I hope you guys are okay!?!?
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 4:20 pm

We're 4 hours North (about) of Houston and Galveston is another hour South of that. The storm is supposed to go East of us but, we'll still have high winds and lots of rain. The portions of Galveston Island that are already under water are those that do not have a seawall only dunes. The waves (they say) breached the dunes early this morning. My concern is that we have a creek along our back property line and if we get lots of rain and wind we could loose some trees. I will be online as much as possible over the weekend and will keep y'all posted.

d
Back to top Go down
critterchick

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 5:28 pm

Stay safe, Diane!
Back to top Go down
misseddie
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
misseddie

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 5:51 pm

Murphy wrote:
Well, I'm starting to get excited about my non-cruise! Things are getting organized at work and I'm pretty sure they will survive without me. My new employee that started earlier this month has been fabulous! If she hadn't started, I would probably be panicing right now! I got my hair and brows done tonight and have an appointment for Saturday for a mani/pedi. I have NOT started packing however. Not even a single suitcase out of the closet yet... It should be an easy pack though, all shorts/capris and swimsuits! And we really only have to pack for 4 nights since we will be at my Dads with washing machines after Disney!

Oh, and best of all, I found a replacement cabin mate for my Feb cruise! She signed on tonight, so I don't have to worry about that too! Gee, maybe I should go buy a lotto ticket or something!
PHEW! Until I got to Susan's signature at the end I was getting worried there Ray. Thought you still wanted to dance. lol!

So many fronts? We know what you mean. It's still raining over here too :rain: so we're off to the Med' for a few days from Saturday night............if our travel company hasn't gone bust in the meantime.

Have been watching the waves at Galveston coming over the seawall as well. CNN say they expect a 20 foot surge. Sure hope that they're wrong for you guys.

Dianne, if the worst of the storm does hit just remember that if you wake up the next morning then IT IS a good day!

bfn, Charlie & Janet.
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 5:54 pm

Diane and John, we sure will be thinking about you guys..............I know..........thinking certainly doesn't alleviate the rain and wind..........just stay safe.

Bon Voyage Charlie and Janet.............have a great time in the Med.
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 9:50 pm

misseddie wrote:
I got my hair and brows done tonight and have an appointment for Saturday for a mani/pedi. [/quote]
PHEW! Until I got to Susan's signature at the end I was getting worried there Ray. Thought you still wanted to dance. lol!

So many fronts? We know what you mean. It's still raining over here too :rain: so we're off to the Med' for a few days from Saturday night............if our travel company hasn't gone bust in the meantime.

Have been watching the waves at Galveston coming over the seawall as well. CNN say they expect a 20 foot surge. Sure hope that they're wrong for you guys.

Dianne, if the worst of the storm does hit just remember that if you wake up the next morning then IT IS a good day!

bfn, Charlie & Janet.

Charlie, you make me laugh! Ray getting a manicure is about as likely as him going to the moon! And heaven help the technican that would have to give him a pedicure!!!!

Diane, you stay safe! It doesn't look healthy your way! All I can say is that they must think Ike is going to move quickly so hopefully the effects won't be around long!

Lots to do tomorrow, but I'll check in!
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

Number of posts : 1251

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 10:16 pm

Diane are you in the Dallas area? I have family in Houston. Grandparents when alive lived in Orange, TX. My aunts home was damaged in Orange with the storm that hit New Orleans and TX. Then thiefs took her things while she was evacutaed, she is the one living in Houston now. Also have family in Baton Rouge, LA. But they have lived in LA all their lives so are use to these storms.

Jean I forgot to mention cheers about the on board credit! Very Happy

Jen I am sorry you won't be on the Monarch next month it would I have nice to see you again.

Susan enjoy your cruise that you are busy getting ready for.

Any one in the path of the storms take care.
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 9:57 am

Thanks Ginny, we are actually spending a few days a Disney and the rest of the week with my Dad instead of cruising, but I appreciate the wishes.

I've been watching the Ike coverage this morning and our prayers and good wishes go out to those affected. Stay safe everyone! Diane, hope all is good with you and yours especially!

I feel bad complaining about it, but our weather is pretty nasty here today too. It's been raining all night and extremely humid. Only 70 degrees, but I finally had to turn the air back on! I couldn't stand the clingy feeling, and I have packing and cleaning to do today, so need to be comfortable! All I can say is thank goodness we did close the pool last weekend!

Be safe and hopefully dry everyone!!!
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 12:54 pm

Gmorning all..........another dreary day here as well.....with many more to come as Ike makes his way North and East.....

Haven't got to see much on tv as to what damage Ike has done but I cannot believe over 100,000 didn't evacuate....as much as I would hate leaving my stuff I would have to leave....hopefully they find a lot of survivors....

Got up at 6am to leave house by 7am to hit a mothers of multiples sale with dd....she scored some clothes at very good prices.....didn't have sharp enuff elbows to fight for the high chairs that were there!!! LOL

Have a great day........lots of work to get done.....

D ....STAY SAFE and keep us posted

jul Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 22 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next