Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Halloween 2010 Charity Cruise Questions

Go down 
+14
Diamond Dave
Good Golly Molly
Brian of Boston
Kenny
diaz loves 2 cruise
Jill T
dream2cruise
Yellow Labs Rule
Andrew
AlwaysReadyToCruise
Former Cruise Critic
Sweet Home Chicago
Queen B
Westchester Cruiser
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Brian of Boston
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Brian of Boston

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2007-10-19

Halloween 2010 Charity Cruise Questions - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween 2010 Charity Cruise Questions   Halloween 2010 Charity Cruise Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 9:56 am

Can we just clarify this a little bit, I want to make sure I understand too. So, if we plan on sailing on the Halloween cruise in 2010. We each put down $50 per room we plan to book. My questions are:

1) Will there be some type of master list to let you know who paid and who didn't?
2) When would the remaining deposit be due and, does the second deposit lock in our cabin assignment?
3) When are we starting to collect deposits? If it's next week, let me know so I can advertise at work.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/mobinboston
Good Golly Molly
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Good Golly Molly

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2007-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Halloween 2010 Charity Cruise Questions   Halloween 2010 Charity Cruise Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 10:07 am

I'm fuzzy on the second deposit too or isn't there any?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Halloween 2010 Charity Cruise Questions   Halloween 2010 Charity Cruise Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 10:41 am

Brian of Boston wrote:
Can we just clarify this a little bit, I want to make sure I understand too. So, if we plan on sailing on the Halloween cruise in 2010. We each put down $50 per room we plan to book. My questions are:

1) Will there be some type of master list to let you know who paid and who didn't?
2) When would the remaining deposit be due and, does the second deposit lock in our cabin assignment?
3) When are we starting to collect deposits? If it's next week, let me know so I can advertise at work.

Yes, I will maintain a list of who has paid what (either the $50 or full $500 deposits). Note that we may not need the $50 from everyone if some people (i.e. those wanting suites) pay their full deposits before the end of September. In theory that should count towards the bulk deposit requirement. For example, we block 50 rooms and need a $2,500 bulk deposit by the end of Sept. But 5 people book suites and pay $500 each in September. That should cound as our $2,500 bulk deposit.

Either way, full deposits will be required by Jan 2, 2009 so that we're ready for our first round of recalls with RCCL. Rooms and categories will be assigned on a first come, first serve basis. So if I have 10 central park view balconies in the group and you want one, the only thing that will guarantee that you get one is when you pay the full $500 deposit for the room. If you pay the $50 bulk deposit that does not guarantee you a room until you pay the full deposit.

I will be ready to start accepting bookings & deposits effective next Thursday Sept 4 (I will block the space Sept 3). I can only block 50 rooms, and there are over 30 room categories on that ship (!!!) sso I'm probably going to block some of the following: C2, B2, and D1 balconies, then probably some CV, BV and I view rooms, and a handful of inside like PR and N.
Back to top Go down
Diamond Dave
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Diamond Dave

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2007-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Halloween 2010 Charity Cruise Questions   Halloween 2010 Charity Cruise Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 10:47 am

Susan, say I want to put the $50 down now but, don't want to wait until January to pay my remaining deposit, can I contact you sooner to place the remaining deposit? In other words, I put down $50 next week, can I then call you say October 1 and tell you to go ahead and put the remaining deposit down? Also, can we put down more than the $50 per room, say I want to put down $100 per room, can I do that?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Halloween 2010 Charity Cruise Questions   Halloween 2010 Charity Cruise Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 11:11 am

Diamond Dave wrote:
Susan, say I want to put the $50 down now but, don't want to wait until January to pay my remaining deposit, can I contact you sooner to place the remaining deposit? In other words, I put down $50 next week, can I then call you say October 1 and tell you to go ahead and put the remaining deposit down? Also, can we put down more than the $50 per room, say I want to put down $100 per room, can I do that?

Yes, you pay the full deposit at any time as long as it's before Jan 2nd. And yes, you can pay more than the $50 per room minimum.

Just keep in mind you won't have a specific room category or assignment until you pay the full deposit. Once we've sold our allotment of a category we can pull in more rooms for awhile, but the new rooms will be at the prevailing rate, not the original rate.
Back to top Go down
Not A Pain In The Aft
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Not A Pain In The Aft

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2008-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Halloween 2010 Charity Cruise Questions   Halloween 2010 Charity Cruise Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 10:16 am

Can you tell us what categories you are going to block?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Halloween 2010 Charity Cruise Questions   Halloween 2010 Charity Cruise Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 11:29 am

Right now I'm planning on getting a handful of jr suites based on responses to my thread asking for input. I'm also going to get some balconies (ocean, boardwalk and central park), some window (again ocean, boardwalk and central park views), and a small number of insides.
Back to top Go down
Colorado Gal
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Halloween 2010 Charity Cruise Questions   Halloween 2010 Charity Cruise Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 2:14 pm

Would rather book this sailing than the inaugural, pricing seems much better!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Halloween 2010 Charity Cruise Questions   Halloween 2010 Charity Cruise Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 2:22 pm

pricing is definitely better
Back to top Go down
bride and groom
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
bride and groom

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Halloween 2010 Charity Cruise Questions   Halloween 2010 Charity Cruise Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 7:58 pm

The timing and pricing is working out better for us for this sailing. And, at least it's for a worthwhile cause - not that Toys For Tots isn't worthwhile but, we can get a better cabin for less money on October 30, 2010. Can't wait to find out who the special guest is! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Halloween 2010 Charity Cruise Questions   Halloween 2010 Charity Cruise Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 8:02 pm

We're waiting to find out which celebrity chef they've secured ... until it's all squared away and solidified we can't say anything. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Halloween 2010 Charity Cruise Questions   Halloween 2010 Charity Cruise Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 4:29 pm

just as an FYI - group space was disappearing in the blink of an eye today, so I'm glad we blocked space when we did. As it is I'm waiting to hear if we can get more rooms in the group space. Currently we have jr suites, and a variety of balconies (B2, C2, C1, and D8 ) and some M inside rooms. But all view rooms (F, H, I, CV, BV, and PR) were already gone in group space. PR is actually gone in individual bookings too.

For anyone wanting to book a category not available in groups, we can book it for you individually and then pull the booking into the group. Categories still available to individual bookings as of this afternoon are: CL, OS, GS, JS, B1, B2, C1, C2, D1-D8, BV, CV, F, H, I, L, M, N and Q. Any individual bookings would require the full $500/room deposit and would not be eligible for the $50/room bulk deposit.
Back to top Go down
Gerri
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Gerri

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Halloween 2010 Charity Cruise Questions   Halloween 2010 Charity Cruise Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 4:49 pm

Does that mean you have pricing for us?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Halloween 2010 Charity Cruise Questions   Halloween 2010 Charity Cruise Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 11:39 pm

Gerri

I started a new thread with the pricing....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Halloween 2010 Charity Cruise Questions   Halloween 2010 Charity Cruise Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Halloween 2010 Charity Cruise Questions
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2