Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Carnival Magic - Hotel & Sightseeing Suggestions

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jill T
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Jill T

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2007-08-18

Carnival Magic - Hotel & Sightseeing Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Carnival Magic - Hotel & Sightseeing Suggestions   Carnival Magic - Hotel & Sightseeing Suggestions Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 10:15 am

I thought I'd get this going since more than likely most people will arrive one, two, three or more days prior to the cruise. And, ASSUMING this will be a European cruise sailing from Civitavecchia (Rome's port). I thought this would be a good place to start listing places and things we could do as a group for pre-cruise sightseeing and also for people to make hotel suggestions here too.
Back to top Go down
Big Red Robyn
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
Big Red Robyn

Number of posts : 408
Registration date : 2008-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Carnival Magic - Hotel & Sightseeing Suggestions   Carnival Magic - Hotel & Sightseeing Suggestions Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 10:40 am

Great idea Jill! When in Rome...again, assuming this is our starting point... I'd like to see and do the following:

1.) The Coliseum. Not just riding by it in a bus tour but actually getting into it.
2.) Go to Trevi Fountain and throw in my coin to insure my return Very Happy
3.) Visit The Pantheon
4.) Take a river cruise on the Tiber
5.) Have dinner in a good, non-tourist trap restaurant
Back to top Go down
becktours
Travel Agent
Travel Agent
becktours

Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Carnival Magic - Hotel & Sightseeing Suggestions   Carnival Magic - Hotel & Sightseeing Suggestions Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 12:30 pm

There is a fantastic little restaurant behind the Vatican. I can't remember the name, but I'm going back this summer and will find out if they would accomodate us!
Back to top Go down
http://www.becktours.com
Down The Shore Guy
Charter Member
Charter Member
Down The Shore Guy

Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2007-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Carnival Magic - Hotel & Sightseeing Suggestions   Carnival Magic - Hotel & Sightseeing Suggestions Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 12:40 pm

I'm more than likely joining you, and, for those looking for a luxury market hotel, we were recommended Hotel Splendide by Admin Tina a few years ago and it is now our hotel of choice. It's a great little hotel just off Via Veneto.
Back to top Go down
AlwaysReadyToCruise
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Carnival Magic - Hotel & Sightseeing Suggestions   Carnival Magic - Hotel & Sightseeing Suggestions Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 12:15 pm

I'm also more than likely booking and, personally, I'd like some time to visit the Vatican and Sistine Chapel.
Back to top Go down
Big Red Robyn
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
Big Red Robyn

Number of posts : 408
Registration date : 2008-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Carnival Magic - Hotel & Sightseeing Suggestions   Carnival Magic - Hotel & Sightseeing Suggestions Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 10:51 am

Sounds like we're coming up with some great pre-cruise sightseeing things to see and do! Can't wait!
Back to top Go down
AlwaysReadyToCruise
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Carnival Magic - Hotel & Sightseeing Suggestions   Carnival Magic - Hotel & Sightseeing Suggestions Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 11:28 am

There is a Holiday Inn over by the Vatican that is good and has a pool. Very important when visiting Rome during the summer months. That's one you might want to check out for the group.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Carnival Magic - Hotel & Sightseeing Suggestions   Carnival Magic - Hotel & Sightseeing Suggestions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Carnival Magic - Hotel & Sightseeing Suggestions
Page 1 of 1