Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WOW! What got into Host Jackie?

Go down 
+7
Dr Donna
JJ2sail
Murray S
Kenny
Boca Brats
Big Red Robyn
Down The Shore Guy
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Down The Shore Guy
Charter Member
Charter Member
Down The Shore Guy

Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2007-08-12

WOW! What got into Host Jackie? Empty
PostSubject: WOW! What got into Host Jackie?   WOW! What got into Host Jackie? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 1:41 pm

She always seemed nice. I guess something or someone really set her off. I just can't believe she'd write such an unprofessional email knowing Tina was in a meeting. If she didn't want the responsibilities of being second in command anymore. She should have quietly left. Can't believe she wrote that stuff and sent it out! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Big Red Robyn
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
Big Red Robyn

Number of posts : 408
Registration date : 2008-01-23

PostSubject: Re: WOW! What got into Host Jackie?   WOW! What got into Host Jackie? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 1:50 pm

I know! JEEZ!
Back to top Go down
Boca Brats
Charter Member
Charter Member
Boca Brats

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: WOW! What got into Host Jackie?   WOW! What got into Host Jackie? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 1:56 pm

Wonder if she was working for you know who the whole time. It's a shame, Tina has worked so hard to build this board. I hate to see it destroyed by someone in under a minute flat. Thanks for the apology Tina, we know it wasn't you!
Back to top Go down
Kenny
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Kenny

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2007-08-24

PostSubject: Re: WOW! What got into Host Jackie?   WOW! What got into Host Jackie? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 2:00 pm

Boca Brats wrote:
Wonder if she was working for you know who the whole time. It's a shame, Tina has worked so hard to build this board. I hate to see it destroyed by someone in under a minute flat. Thanks for the apology Tina, we know it wasn't you!

I wouldn't doubt it. Why else would you send an email like that out! EEESSSH!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WOW! What got into Host Jackie?   WOW! What got into Host Jackie? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 2:08 pm

Don't know the woman (Host Jackie) other than through emails. But, I know Tina and she must be devastated by this email. We're here for you Tina, this isn't your fault!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WOW! What got into Host Jackie?   WOW! What got into Host Jackie? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 2:16 pm

No way was that Tina's fault. I wonder how many other trolls and spies are in here. If we're such a worthless little board, it sure seems like someone is trying their best to make this board fail. You hang tough Tina, we know you'd never allow something like that to go out!
Back to top Go down
Murray S
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Murray S

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2007-09-20

PostSubject: Re: WOW! What got into Host Jackie?   WOW! What got into Host Jackie? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 2:23 pm

I do know there are lots of pains in the butts on these boards but, that was no way to handle them. I'm glad Tina clarified it wasn't her! If someone is trying to destroy this board, they're doing a GREAT job. Congratulations, we hope you're proud of yourself!
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: WOW! What got into Host Jackie?   WOW! What got into Host Jackie? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 2:24 pm

I did not really find the email offensive, just sad that someone is that frustrated to have to resort to that kind of language. We don't really know what led up to all of this. But I would like to add my support to Tina and staff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WOW! What got into Host Jackie?   WOW! What got into Host Jackie? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 2:29 pm

Tina was my TA before she left the business to start this board and pursue other avenues. I don't know Host Jackie and at this point, I don't want to know Host Jackie! I wasn't offended by the email, I do understand where she is probably come from but, I'm sure it did offend many and especially anyone new to the board. Can you imagine just joining and getting an email like that? It would turn anyone off! You have my full support Tina! I'm here to stay!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WOW! What got into Host Jackie?   WOW! What got into Host Jackie? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 2:31 pm

I know a lot people sign up for these boards just to read and that is fine but, if you go through the Members List, there sure are a lot of people who signed up and never posted. I mean a lot! I smell spies and trolls!
Back to top Go down
Dr Donna
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2007-10-30

PostSubject: Re: WOW! What got into Host Jackie?   WOW! What got into Host Jackie? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 2:37 pm

That was the strangest email I ever got from this board! I knew it wasn't Tina the minute I started reading it. Like "Down The Shore Guy" said, something or someone must have set Host Jackie off. I'd like to know who or what!

And I do understand that hosting puts you in a no-win situation. If you don't send out email reminders people get mad and if you do people get mad. It really is our responsibility to take control of our settings. I just think whoever is writing these nasty emails should stop doing it immediately. Better yet, come forward and tell all of us what is on your mind and stop hiding like a coward! And stop harassing Tina and our board hosts!

This board has been wonderfully friendly and a welcome alternative to other boards. If you think that's going to stop us from coming here and return to the other boards, you are sadly mistaken.
Back to top Go down
Down The Shore Guy
Charter Member
Charter Member
Down The Shore Guy

Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2007-08-12

PostSubject: Re: WOW! What got into Host Jackie?   WOW! What got into Host Jackie? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 2:41 pm

Dr Donna wrote:
That was the strangest email I ever got from this board! I knew it wasn't Tina the minute I started reading it. Like "Down The Shore Guy" said, something or someone must have set Host Jackie off. I'd like to know who or what!

And I do understand that hosting puts you in a no-win situation. If you don't send out email reminders people get mad and if you do people get mad. It really is our responsibility to take control of our settings. I just think whoever is writing these nasty emails should stop doing it immediately. Better yet, come forward and tell all of us what is on your mind and stop hiding like a coward! And stop harassing Tina and our board hosts!

This board has been wonderfully friendly and a welcome alternative to other boards. If you think that's going to stop us from coming here and return to the other boards, you are sadly mistaken.

Amen!
Back to top Go down
thevacationstop
Host
Host
thevacationstop

Number of posts : 444
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: WOW! What got into Host Jackie?   WOW! What got into Host Jackie? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 2:45 pm

Nick Needs To Know wrote:
I know a lot people sign up for these boards just to read and that is fine but, if you go through the Members List, there sure are a lot of people who signed up and never posted. I mean a lot! I smell spies and trolls!

Please remember that all are welcome here, provided that they participate and contribute and behave themselves. Everyone is also welcome to sit back and just read.

While I don't speak for Tina, I don't think she or anyone else wants to turn this into an "us" vs. "them" kind of thing. There are lots of message boards for cruises and traveling. Each has their place. If folks here start bad-mouthing other groups, that would make us no better than any other.

Tina has addressed what happened, and I don't know that it does any good to speculate about "spies and trolls". How about we move on to discussions about our favorite addiction, cruising....
Back to top Go down
http://thevacationstop.com

PostSubject: Re: WOW! What got into Host Jackie?   WOW! What got into Host Jackie? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 2:47 pm

I couldn't agree more Steve! Enough already! Those in the wrong know who they are - let's drop it and move forward. I'd much rather be discussing the chats tonight or Oasis or something CRUISE RELATED!
Back to top Go down
Hopeful Henry
Host
Host
Hopeful Henry

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: WOW! What got into Host Jackie?   WOW! What got into Host Jackie? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 3:01 pm

Agreed. Drop it and move on.
Back to top Go down
Carole
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Carole

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2008-04-19

PostSubject: Re: WOW! What got into Host Jackie?   WOW! What got into Host Jackie? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 4:34 pm

I was lost anyway...i don't know what happened and didn't get a letter but lets just move on and talk of pleasant things.................like cruising!
Back to top Go down
cunardcritic.co.uk
Cunard Resident Expert
Cunard Resident Expert
cunardcritic.co.uk

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: WOW! What got into Host Jackie?   WOW! What got into Host Jackie? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 6:20 pm

Carole wrote:
I was lost anyway...i don't know what happened and didn't get a letter but lets just move on and talk of pleasant things.................like cruising!

Neither did I. Normally, I get about 3 a week, but this one passed me by.

Anyway, onward and upward.

J
Back to top Go down
http://www.cunardcritic.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WOW! What got into Host Jackie?   WOW! What got into Host Jackie? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WOW! What got into Host Jackie?
Page 1 of 1