Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Question about Crystal Groups

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Crystal Cruiser
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Crystal Cruiser

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-07-13

Question about Crystal Groups Empty
PostSubject: Question about Crystal Groups   Question about Crystal Groups Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 6:15 pm

While I have sailed on Crystal, I have never booked as part of a group. I know I'll book whether this is an official group or not but, I am curious are there any benefits like reduced deposit or anything special for booking with a group? And, how tough will it be to get group approval for a Holiday sailing?
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

Number of posts : 889
Registration date : 2007-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Question about Crystal Groups   Question about Crystal Groups Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 10:21 pm

Since none of the other agents have answered your question yet I will go ahead.

Crystal is not as generous with groups as other lines although there are still advantages beyond the camaraderie of traveling with a group of friends and family.

*Crystal Society members will receive their due discounts as well as a 3.5% discount if they pay in full 6 months prior to sailing. For the 2009 Crystal Society benefits click here: http://www.crystalcruises.com/soc_rewardsb.aspx

*Group amenities awarded to all members of the group (new to Crystal as well) vary depending on the sailing dates but could include generous OBC, wine etc.

*They do not offer any reduction in pricing (other than for society members) or in deposit.

* They do offer a wonderful opportunity for group members to enjoy an amazing cruise experience together and both the landside and onboard group coordinators work very hard to ensure that all the group's needs are met.

*As usual, I'm sure Cruise Freek Forums and your assigned travel agent will also add some special amenities and exclusive experience opportunities for the group as well.

* Here are the deposit and payment requirements:
A deposit of 10% (Categories A - E) and 20% (Categories CP - PH) of the total booking amount (including land packages and air add-ons) is required at the time of each passenger booking. Full World Cruise: A deposit of 20% per guest is required for all penthouses and staterooms. Deposits are due within 7 days of booking. Final payment is due no later than 90 days prior to sailing. Crystal Cruises reserves the right to review and adjust deposit and final payment dates based on inventory for each individual cruise. Full payment is due at 75 days prior to sailing. Crystal Cruises reserves the right to cancel any bookings not fully paid 75 days prior to departure.

* The remaining itineraries for 2010 will be out in 3 months and all of 2011's will be out around the same time next year.

* Space on a Holiday sailing will be difficult to secure, however by planning early like you are and alerting Crystal to the group well ahead of time you have a much better chance of securing it or of having it created for you.

"Hopelessly lost when not planning a cruise."

www.ambiancetc.com
Nina@ambiancetc.com - Time to book your cabin on the Cunard group cruises!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ambiancetc.com
4 Leaf Clover
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
4 Leaf Clover

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Question about Crystal Groups   Question about Crystal Groups Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 2:16 pm

AmbianceTraveler wrote:
Since none of the other agents have answered your question yet I will go ahead.

Crystal is not as generous with groups as other lines although there are still advantages beyond the camaraderie of traveling with a group of friends and family.

*Crystal Society members will receive their due discounts as well as a 3.5% discount if they pay in full 6 months prior to sailing. For the 2009 Crystal Society benefits click here: http://www.crystalcruises.com/soc_rewardsb.aspx

*Group amenities awarded to all members of the group (new to Crystal as well) vary depending on the sailing dates but could include generous OBC, wine etc.

*They do not offer any reduction in pricing (other than for society members) or in deposit.

* They do offer a wonderful opportunity for group members to enjoy an amazing cruise experience together and both the landside and onboard group coordinators work very hard to ensure that all the group's needs are met.

*As usual, I'm sure Cruise Freek Forums and your assigned travel agent will also add some special amenities and exclusive experience opportunities for the group as well.

* Here are the deposit and payment requirements:
A deposit of 10% (Categories A - E) and 20% (Categories CP - PH) of the total booking amount (including land packages and air add-ons) is required at the time of each passenger booking. Full World Cruise: A deposit of 20% per guest is required for all penthouses and staterooms. Deposits are due within 7 days of booking. Final payment is due no later than 90 days prior to sailing. Crystal Cruises reserves the right to review and adjust deposit and final payment dates based on inventory for each individual cruise. Full payment is due at 75 days prior to sailing. Crystal Cruises reserves the right to cancel any bookings not fully paid 75 days prior to departure.

* The remaining itineraries for 2010 will be out in 3 months and all of 2011's will be out around the same time next year.

* Space on a Holiday sailing will be difficult to secure, however by planning early like you are and alerting Crystal to the group well ahead of time you have a much better chance of securing it or of having it created for you.

Thank you! I know that took a lot of research so please know it's REALLY appreciated. Do you think there is any shot of getting group for the holidays? I'm still book even if we're not recognized formally as a group but, it would be nice to receive some amenities.

Also just so we know what time frame we're looking at to pull things together. We will need to be organized by October/November 2009 and the Holiday sailing in 2011 will be open for booking at that point? Is that correct?
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

Number of posts : 889
Registration date : 2007-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Question about Crystal Groups   Question about Crystal Groups Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 11:16 pm

Clover,
There is always a chance that group space will be available on any given sailing. However, at this point there just isn't anyway of knowing for sure. I would expect though that if a "non-recoginized by Crystal" group were to book that your agent would add some extra amenities for the group members.

Also, the best chance of getting group space is to be ready with some concrete bookings the day it is released. Something the agent would be able to bring to the group desk and say "Look, I've been telling you for the last year this group is going on a holiday sailing, here are 5 bookings that are ready to go. What can you do for us that will ensure they go to you and not another line?" So be ready Oct/Nov 2009!

"Hopelessly lost when not planning a cruise."

www.ambiancetc.com
Nina@ambiancetc.com - Time to book your cabin on the Cunard group cruises!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ambiancetc.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question about Crystal Groups   Question about Crystal Groups Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question about Crystal Groups
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board :: Cruise Line Specific Boards :: Crystal-
Jump to: