Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Idea/Proposal for 2011 for Cunard Cruisers

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Idea/Proposal for 2011 for Cunard Cruisers Empty
PostSubject: Idea/Proposal for 2011 for Cunard Cruisers   Idea/Proposal for 2011 for Cunard Cruisers Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 4:00 pm

I see many of you are interested in the Holiday sailing on Crystal in 2011, you can count me as another person who is interested. Not that I don't love and enjoy Cunard but, sometimes a chance of pace can be nice, even if visiting the same islands - again - a different ship can help spice things up.

Since it's doubtful there will be two upscale holidays cruises, Tina said the alternative cruise would be mainstream, so we know it won't be Cunard, I would like to make some proposals for 2011. Who would be interested in doing a World Cruise or World Cruise segment? My parents have decided that they are going to take a World Cruise in 2011 on Cunard and that got me thinking. I know many of us here work for ourselves, giving us some flexibility about time and travel. I know others aren't so fortunate.

Personally, I'd like to try a more exotic segment of a World cruise, one that featured Asia or Australia or both. Let me give you an example of what I mean, let's look at the 15 day segment on the 2009 World Cruise from Los Angeles to Sydney:
http://www.cunard.com/CruiseItinerary_tab.asp?cruiseid=3050&LeftNav=Planner&Active=&Sub=&OB=&Region=13&ship=&shipID=%27PQM%27,%27QE2%27,%27CAR%27,%27QV%27

Or the 26 night segment from Los Angeles to Hong Kong:
http://www.cunard.com/CruiseItinerary_tab.asp?cruiseid=3138&LeftNav=Planner&Active=&Sub=&OB=&Region=13&ship=&shipID=%27PQM%27,%27QE2%27,%27CAR%27,%27QV%27

The point is that it might be a fun and interesting way to explore other parts of the world. And, we'd all have to agree on which segment to select but, I just thought it might be fun and a very unusual group offering which brings me to a question.

Nina, IF this idea would actually develop into something, can we get group space on a specific segment of a World Cruise?

Ok that's proposal number one.

My second proposal is one that is far less complicated. I say that whatever European destination we don't visit in 2010, we return in 2011. For example, if our double transit takes us to the Mediterranean in 2010, then we form a group for Northern Europe in 2011.

Ok ducking for cover now hide I know the first idea is really wild...
Back to top Go down
English Todd
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
English Todd

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2008-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Idea/Proposal for 2011 for Cunard Cruisers   Idea/Proposal for 2011 for Cunard Cruisers Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 4:12 pm

Very interesting idea Marina! I am one of the fortunate people who can travel for weeks at a time, and, I am open to your segment idea. I furthermore agree that we should form a group for Europe for the opposite direction of our 2010 for 2011. So, you certainly have my attention!

Is everyone here planning on the Crystal Holiday in 2011? I haven't actually cruised on Crystal but, admittedly, I have been curious about them. I've heard wonderful reviews so I am open to the idea, especially if a group is established and, I would be able to travel with a group of friends such as yourselves.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Idea/Proposal for 2011 for Cunard Cruisers   Idea/Proposal for 2011 for Cunard Cruisers Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 4:21 pm

Wow, thanks for the positive feedback Todd! I didn't expect anyone to answer so quickly! lol!

I have cruised Crystal for the holidays and, they are actually very enjoyable! A bit different than the Cunard experience which is also excellent, it's just a different feeling on Crystal, and, I don't mean that in a negative way. I have to give Crystal a slightly higher rating in the food department. Like any Christmas/New Year's sailing, the demographics in age lower greatly which makes for a nice mix of passengers. I don't think anyone that books the Crystal group will be disappointed.

Now getting back to Europe - I'd love nothing more if we could squeeze in Venice either in 2010 or 2011, it is my favorite port in Italy followed very closely by Naples/Capri/Amalfi coast.
Back to top Go down
Pam M
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Pam M

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2008-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Idea/Proposal for 2011 for Cunard Cruisers   Idea/Proposal for 2011 for Cunard Cruisers Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 4:28 pm

I was hoping one of you have sailed Crystal and I'm glad to hear it was a positive experience. It's a bit pricey but, I think we're going to take it under consideration as well.

Marina, we share the same love - Venice. How I long to return! If Cunard offers something such as this sailing: http://www.cunard.com/CruiseItinerary_tab.asp?cruiseid=3006&LeftNav=Planner&Active=&Sub=&OB=&Region=12&ship=&shipID=
in 2011, I'd certainly be the first to book! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Idea/Proposal for 2011 for Cunard Cruisers   Idea/Proposal for 2011 for Cunard Cruisers Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 6:20 pm

Marina, it all sounds good! I'd love to get back to Venice as well...
Back to top Go down
Loves 2 Cruise
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Loves 2 Cruise

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2007-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Idea/Proposal for 2011 for Cunard Cruisers   Idea/Proposal for 2011 for Cunard Cruisers Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 7:42 pm

Curvy Gal Cruises wrote:

Ok ducking for cover now hide I know the first idea is really wild...

lol! Marina you don't have to hide! The first idea is GREAT! But, I do think realistically Europe might be easier for the majority. I'm not saying no to the first idea, I'd just like to see all options before say yes that's what we should do Very Happy
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

Number of posts : 889
Registration date : 2007-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Idea/Proposal for 2011 for Cunard Cruisers   Idea/Proposal for 2011 for Cunard Cruisers Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 7:48 pm

Marina, I think these are all excellent suggestions. I think by 2011 many of our board members would be looking for destinations less traveled and a WC segment could be just the ticket. I'm also sure that we could get Cunard to work with us on group space. Cruise lines change their policies all the time so what is allowed now might not be in 2011 and vis-versa.

An alternate Europe would be a great offering as well. I have just had clients return from Voyage of the Vikings on QV and they said it was one of the most scenic places they had ever been and LOVED it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ambiancetc.com
Down The Shore Guy
Charter Member
Charter Member
Down The Shore Guy

Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2007-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Idea/Proposal for 2011 for Cunard Cruisers   Idea/Proposal for 2011 for Cunard Cruisers Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 10:16 am

Curvy Gal Cruises wrote:
Wow, thanks for the positive feedback Todd! I didn't expect anyone to answer so quickly! lol!

I have cruised Crystal for the holidays and, they are actually very enjoyable! A bit different than the Cunard experience which is also excellent, it's just a different feeling on Crystal, and, I don't mean that in a negative way. I have to give Crystal a slightly higher rating in the food department. Like any Christmas/New Year's sailing, the demographics in age lower greatly which makes for a nice mix of passengers. I don't think anyone that books the Crystal group will be disappointed.

Now getting back to Europe - I'd love nothing more if we could squeeze in Venice either in 2010 or 2011, it is my favorite port in Italy followed very closely by Naples/Capri/Amalfi coast.

Is most of our gang going on Crystal in 2011? Nina, hope you're the TA, wouldn't be the same without you!

Since we're going to be doing the double transit in 2010, I will address this into the future into 2011. Depending on the selected itinerary, would anyone be interested in doing an extended pre or post cruise stay? For example, say we decide on a Northern Europe route in 2011 and it's roundtrip from Southampton. Would anyone be interested in taking the Eurostar to Paris and stay over night then head back to London? This is just a suggestion to give you an idea of what I have in mind. Ideas? Opinions?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Idea/Proposal for 2011 for Cunard Cruisers   Idea/Proposal for 2011 for Cunard Cruisers Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 12:15 pm

Eddie, we're probably a yes on Crystal. And, I like how you're thinking, Northern Europe with a pre-cruise stay in London/Paris would be great for 2011. Lets see what everyone else has to say and maybe it will become our plan.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Idea/Proposal for 2011 for Cunard Cruisers   Idea/Proposal for 2011 for Cunard Cruisers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Idea/Proposal for 2011 for Cunard Cruisers
Page 1 of 1