Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Island Princess Hawaii ('06) part 2

Go down 
AuthorMessage
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2008-05-30

Island Princess Hawaii ('06) part 2 Empty
PostSubject: Island Princess Hawaii ('06) part 2   Island Princess Hawaii ('06) part 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 10:52 pm

Nawiliwili, Kauai -- A lush tropical island, much of which is inaccessible by car. This is one of the best islands for a helicopter tour. We booked a helicopter tour ourselves with Island Helicopters. The flight was beautiful, and the pilot very skillful and friendly. Here is something upsetting which happened to us, with Island Helicopters: My wife and I were split up at the last possible minute, and put in different helicopters. We were not given an explanation, nor the opportunity to fly at a different time together. They split another couple up at the same time, and they were just as mad. My wife had to be talked into this excursion in the first place (pre-cruise, by me), because she sometimes has anxiety problems. This situation upset her a lot, and really created quite a problem for us. We were assured in the beginning that we’d fly together on the helicopter. They also changed our flight time without telling us until I called to confirm 48 hours prior. Then, after the flight, they told us that the free video offered on the website was no longer available. We complained, which made them very agitated with us. They said they’d mail them to us. The shuttle driver dropped us off at the Thrifty Car Rental, as requested. but acted like a jerk after the video snafu. Long story short, I would not recommend Island Helicopters as an excursion. Love the ride, the pilot, and the experience…hated the mismanagement.

We rented a convertible from Thrifty, and headed to Poipu Beach Park. Great snorkeling, nice sand, and a swimming area for small children.

TIP: When you rent a car at any of the islands, it’s best to reserve it far ahead, as they can sell out. When you pick up the car, ask for a map, and pay close attention to the location so you can find the return spot. It’s sometimes at a different location than where you pick up the car.

Ratings:

Island Helicopters flight and pilot: A

Island Helicopters management, and business practices: F

Kauai scenery from helicopter point of view: A+

Thrifty Kauai: A

...part 3 is next!
Back to top Go down
http://cruise-aritaville.blogspot.com/

Island Princess Hawaii ('06) part 2
Page 1 of 1