Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hyatt Regency Pier 66 - FLL: REVIEW INCLUDED

Go down 
+2
becktours
NDJollyMon
6 posters
AuthorMessage
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2008-05-30

Hyatt Regency Pier 66 - FLL:  REVIEW INCLUDED Empty
PostSubject: Hyatt Regency Pier 66 - FLL: REVIEW INCLUDED   Hyatt Regency Pier 66 - FLL:  REVIEW INCLUDED Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 9:19 pm

Anyone stay at this hotel in Ft. Lauderdale before? It overlooks Port Everglades, and looks pretty nice.

UPDATE: I have now stayed in this hotel, and have included a review in this thread. Read on!

Last edited by NDJollyMon on Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://cruise-aritaville.blogspot.com/
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

PostSubject: Re: Hyatt Regency Pier 66 - FLL: REVIEW INCLUDED   Hyatt Regency Pier 66 - FLL:  REVIEW INCLUDED Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 9:57 pm

Come on...someone must have stayed here??? Smile
Back to top Go down
becktours
Travel Agent
Travel Agent
becktours

Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Hyatt Regency Pier 66 - FLL: REVIEW INCLUDED   Hyatt Regency Pier 66 - FLL:  REVIEW INCLUDED Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 9:29 am

Sorry, I have not stayed there. I stayed at the Embassy Suites! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.becktours.com
Andrew
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2007-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Hyatt Regency Pier 66 - FLL: REVIEW INCLUDED   Hyatt Regency Pier 66 - FLL:  REVIEW INCLUDED Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 9:49 am

I've stayed here a few times. The location is great, while the hotel itself is older, it's in good shape (older does not mean run down, it's been through renovations) and has a very tropical feeling. The staff has always been friendly and professional. They offer shuttle service to the beach (a nice touch)! I've seen negative reviews of this hotel and, never really understood them. We've always found this hotel to be clean, friendly and professional. I can recommend it without any hesitation.
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

PostSubject: Re: Hyatt Regency Pier 66 - FLL: REVIEW INCLUDED   Hyatt Regency Pier 66 - FLL:  REVIEW INCLUDED Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 9:17 pm

Thanx Andrew. I got a very good rate, and thought it looked pretty nice online.

Jeanie...I think someone in our party may stay at Embassy. Is it by the airport or beach? Nice? YOU LIKE?
Back to top Go down
becktours
Travel Agent
Travel Agent
becktours

Number of posts : 382

PostSubject: Re: Hyatt Regency Pier 66 - FLL: REVIEW INCLUDED   Hyatt Regency Pier 66 - FLL:  REVIEW INCLUDED Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 9:26 pm

The Embassy Suites is half a mile from the Convention Center and Port Everglades.

I found it very nice. I would recommend it. A full breakfast and evening cocktails are included in the price.
Back to top Go down
http://www.becktours.com
DannyBoy
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
DannyBoy

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: Hyatt Pier 66   Hyatt Regency Pier 66 - FLL:  REVIEW INCLUDED Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 12:26 pm

The Hyatt Pier 66 has a great loction, The Sun Trolley will stop for you out front of Hotel, the Water Taxi also has a stop at the Hotel. ThumpsUp
The only views of the ships in the harbor are in the Towers.
Grill 66 on the property is a very fine Steak House serving PRIME cut beef $$$$. :eat:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hyatt Regency Pier 66 - FLL: REVIEW INCLUDED   Hyatt Regency Pier 66 - FLL:  REVIEW INCLUDED Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 6:32 pm

We've stayed at both the Hyatt and Embassy Suites in FLL. I would stay at both again, but price would be the determining factor. Embassy Suites seems to have more discounts available at the times we have cruised out of FLL.
Have a great day.
lwrkhmcd
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

PostSubject: Re: Hyatt Regency Pier 66 - FLL: REVIEW INCLUDED   Hyatt Regency Pier 66 - FLL:  REVIEW INCLUDED Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 10:32 pm

I got a good rate (as opposed to the posted rates...YIKES) at Pier 66.
I'll give a full review upon return in Feb.
Back to top Go down
thevacationstop
Host
Host
thevacationstop

Number of posts : 444

PostSubject: Re: Hyatt Regency Pier 66 - FLL: REVIEW INCLUDED   Hyatt Regency Pier 66 - FLL:  REVIEW INCLUDED Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 12:33 pm

Sorry. Haven't stayed there. I have stayed at the Marriott right there though. That was very nice and had a water taxi stop too. My High School 25th reunion was held there in 2002.
Back to top Go down
http://thevacationstop.com
flowers
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
flowers

Number of posts : 468
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Hyatt Regency Pier 66 - FLL: REVIEW INCLUDED   Hyatt Regency Pier 66 - FLL:  REVIEW INCLUDED Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 12:09 pm

NDJollyMon wrote:
I got a good rate (as opposed to the posted rates...YIKES) at Pier 66.
I'll give a full review upon return in Feb.

Are you being charged a "resort" add on fee. The negative reviews Iv read were from folks who were surprised they got this fee tacked on when they checked in. Maybe this hotel stopped this practice when they got so many negative reviews from not advising folks of this extra charge.
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

PostSubject: Re: Hyatt Regency Pier 66 - FLL: REVIEW INCLUDED   Hyatt Regency Pier 66 - FLL:  REVIEW INCLUDED Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 1:55 pm

Not sure about any resort fee. I'll look into it, thanks.
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

PostSubject: Hotel Review   Hyatt Regency Pier 66 - FLL:  REVIEW INCLUDED Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 4:17 pm

Hyatt Pier 66 Hotel: Ft. Lauderdale FL:

MY REVIEW:

We used this hotel for a one night Pre-Cruise stay in Feb 2009.
We stayed at the Fort Lauderdale Hyatt Regency Pier 66 hotel right on the edge of the port. It’s only 2 miles from FLL, and you can see the ships right from the property.
There is a courtesy shuttle to the beach, but not to the port or airport. Cab fare is around $15 from FLL to the hotel. We took a shuttle van from the hotel to
Port Everglades for $6 per person the next morning. This hotel is older, but very nice. I would be hesitant to book it at full price, but we got a great rate and decided to stay here.
I paid $194 + taxes for a total of $215.07 for one nights stay for 4 persons. (govt rate) We were not charged any RESORT TAX Simply, State tax of $11.63 and Room/Bed tax of $9.69.

The property is located right on the canals and marina, where some very high end yachts are docked. We stayed in one of the Lanai Buildings, and not the tower itself. Each room had
a small balcony/patio with tables and chairs as well. These lower buildings surround the hotel property, hugging the canals.There are restaurants and bars located on the premises.
Our room was clean, but the bathroom needed some serious upgrading. The bathroom was quite old, and needed some repair. The hotel grounds are very nice….especially the pool area.

This hotel is located right on the Sun Trolley route ($1 exact change per person, per ride) and it brings you to local shopping/restaurants .The Sun Trolley, taxis, water taxi, and buses
all stop outside this hotel. We had dinner at Chucks Steakhouse (a short Trolley ride inland) which was very good, and reasonably priced. The Outback Steakhouse & the
Bimini Boatyard are also nearby. There are large pharmacies, liquor stores, and a Publix Grocery Store on the trolley route as well.

Tip: Ride the hotel elevator to the top for some scenic views. You can take nice pictures of the pool area right from the elevator.
Tip: There is a gas station directly across the street, which sells beer and cases of bottled water. ;-)

Also, the hotel Concierge was very helpful arranging our taxi/shuttle to the pier. It can be a madhouse, as many cruisers use this hotel so make your arrangements with him.

I took the pic from the drawbridge, with the ships to my back. You can see the ocean in the background.

Hyatt Regency Pier 66 - FLL:  REVIEW INCLUDED P2080026
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hyatt Regency Pier 66 - FLL: REVIEW INCLUDED   Hyatt Regency Pier 66 - FLL:  REVIEW INCLUDED Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 7:53 pm

Appreciate the review , Thanks Pete. queen
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hyatt Regency Pier 66 - FLL: REVIEW INCLUDED   Hyatt Regency Pier 66 - FLL:  REVIEW INCLUDED Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hyatt Regency Pier 66 - FLL: REVIEW INCLUDED
Page 1 of 1