Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Crystal Group 2011 for the Holidays!

Go down 
+37
darlene
Cruiseram
flowers
thevacationstop
HelenB
Sophia
mytee4ever
Peter M
Da Bronx Bombers Fan
Brian of Boston
Archie
Dr Donna
HMS AnyShip
dream2cruise
Dee
IliveontheLIE
Crystal Society
Cruiser Brooke
Chadds Ford Traveler
Mr Spicolli
Andy The Sailor Man
Here Come The Judge
AmbianceTraveler
Dr Demento
Not A Pain In The Aft
The Sophisticated Cat
Scorpione
JeanMarie
TV Guy
Crystal Cruiser
Westchester Cruiser
Admin
Down The Shore Guy
MichaelCT
Ajani
4 Leaf Clover
41 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
HelenB
Resident Expert Family Cruising
Resident Expert Family Cruising
HelenB

Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Crystal Group 2011 for the Holidays! - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crystal Group 2011 for the Holidays!   Crystal Group 2011 for the Holidays! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 8:32 pm

mnmomof4 wrote:
Would a 16 year old boy be bored on a 2 week xmas sailing? I'm still debating what to do here. It seems a lot more sophisticated than what my son is use to. He loved disney and carnival.

Helen, where did you find quads? I only see references to triple berths

Eek! I'm sorry... I got mixed up. That was on Cunard... yes, only triple berths. They do have a few connecting rooms though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mommycruises.com

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Group 2011 for the Holidays!   Crystal Group 2011 for the Holidays! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 3:52 pm

Hey everyone..I'm new to Crystal and have tons of questions. I was lucky enough to win this cruise (thank you Tina) and I'm thinking of bringing the kids (4), Is there a lot of activities for teens? Are the tennis courts busy or can we play often. My oldest is concerned he will be bored...he is use to being very active. Tell me all I need to know in a nutshell PLEASE!
Back to top Go down
Cruiseram
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Cruiseram

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Group 2011 for the Holidays!   Crystal Group 2011 for the Holidays! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 8:17 pm

I have a question about pricing. A guesstimate is fine. What would the price be for a 3rd person/child fare be on the Holiday Cruise.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Group 2011 for the Holidays!   Crystal Group 2011 for the Holidays! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 10:22 pm

Crystal makes it a point to have kid's activities planned during the holidays. The normal is having organized competitions at golf, paddle tennis, shuffleboard if your kids are into that. They have two pools, both inside and out. Knowing the itinerary is heavy Caribbean island cruising so there will be most of the days on an island during a two week voyage may help. I wouldn't like to guess pricing without contacting them first and I won't be able to do that until next week and then it will be for this Christmas so you can get an idea. Stay tuned and I'll do that when I get back in the office Monday. Glad you are beginning to plan now...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Group 2011 for the Holidays!   Crystal Group 2011 for the Holidays! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 6:54 pm

I went to Crystal's website and I think it said something about catholic services on board the ship. Will there be mass on sundays and on xmas?
Back to top Go down
Crystal Cruiser
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Crystal Cruiser

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-07-13

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Group 2011 for the Holidays!   Crystal Group 2011 for the Holidays! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 7:55 pm

mnmomof4 wrote:
I went to Crystal's website and I think it said something about catholic services on board the ship. Will there be mass on sundays and on xmas?

That's one of the things I like about Crystal Very Happy Yes, there will be Sunday mass as well as Christmas mass.
Back to top Go down
darlene
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2008-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Group 2011 for the Holidays!   Crystal Group 2011 for the Holidays! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 10:16 pm

boy, that is 2 years away, i would love to go but that is alot of money, i am not that wealthy, the cost of that one cruise would let me take alot of other cruises.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Group 2011 for the Holidays!   Crystal Group 2011 for the Holidays! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 11:36 pm

Crystal Cruiser wrote:
mnmomof4 wrote:

That's one of the things I like about Crystal Very Happy Yes, there will be Sunday mass as well as Christmas mass.

Thank you for the reply..my husband was worried about missing mass, especially at xmas time. Since our youngest have been born, we only missed one week of mass, since we were at sea....even when we travel we make it a point to visit various churches..always so interesting
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Group 2011 for the Holidays!   Crystal Group 2011 for the Holidays! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 10:19 pm

Merry Christmas everyone!
I promised I'd bring you this information when I returned from vacation. Hope it helps:
There are not quad cabins on the Crystal Ships but there are triple cabins available in almost every category. Crystal takes the lowest category's rate first and second person's rate and quotes that for the adult triple rate in all of their categories. For 12 and under it would be half of that rate. Port charges are added to that as well. All the discounts for past passengers, for early payment will also reduce that third person's rate. Clear as mud? HolidayTree
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Group 2011 for the Holidays!   Crystal Group 2011 for the Holidays! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 10:24 pm

Lona, thanks for taking the time to answer out of your busy schedule. Sounds like you had a wonderful cruise.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Group 2011 for the Holidays!   Crystal Group 2011 for the Holidays! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 9:36 am

it's 3 years away. how i afford to go on cruises is i book them at least a year in advance and i send my TA $50 or $100 every couple weeks and when final payment comes there is no sticker shock. since you can't even book this yet but know it is something that would be wonderful you can go to ing.com or hsbc.com which is what i use, open an internet account - it's fdic insured - and have money transferred out of your bank account every couple weeks. and just forget it's there. then when booking opens - it right in your hsbc account. if i put the money in an envelope at home it's too convenient to dip into it. if i know i can't get the money for 2-3 days transfer time then i'm more apt to leave it there.
Back to top Go down
flowers
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
flowers

Number of posts : 468
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Group 2011 for the Holidays!   Crystal Group 2011 for the Holidays! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 11:11 am

oesnjstar wrote:
it's 3 years away. how i afford to go on cruises is i book them at least a year in advance and i send my TA $50 or $100 every couple weeks and when final payment comes there is no sticker shock.

That would only work if you dont book many cruises, otherwise the monthly payments of $50 on every booked cruise would add up to as much as the final payments. I have 8 future cruises now. I just made final payment yesterday on my April cruise. Luckily no sticker shock, $100 price drop, $140 fuel back and $300 VISA card points, no sticker shock. Gotta start saving points for my Oasis cruise. I love my RCL VISA card.

Welcome back LonaLee. You will have to tell us all about your cruise and what you enjoyed or didn't enjoy as the case may be. Did you have a good time?? Home just in time for Christmas.
Back to top Go down
Cruiseram
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Cruiseram

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Group 2011 for the Holidays!   Crystal Group 2011 for the Holidays! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 1:17 pm

Thank you so much for the information about the child's price. Have a very Merry Christmas. santa
Back to top Go down
Crystal Cruiser
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Crystal Cruiser

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-07-13

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Group 2011 for the Holidays!   Crystal Group 2011 for the Holidays! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 1:21 pm

I'd like to wish all our Crystal Cruises a wonderful, peaceful holiday season and a special THANK YOU to Lona Lee, our patient, and wonderful travel agent Very Happy

Crystal Group 2011 for the Holidays! - Page 7 Christmas_graphics_33
Back to top Go down
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Group 2011 for the Holidays!   Crystal Group 2011 for the Holidays! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 1:35 pm

Merry Christmas EVERYONE! Enjoy!
Betsy HolidayTree rendeer
Back to top Go down
Cruiseram
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Cruiseram

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Group 2011 for the Holidays!   Crystal Group 2011 for the Holidays! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 3:05 pm

HolidayTree I want to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas. santa The Crystal Holiday Cruise left Miami yesterday, just think in 3 years it will be our turn. HappyHappyJoyJoy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Group 2011 for the Holidays!   Crystal Group 2011 for the Holidays! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 6:29 pm

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and a Happy NEw Year.

I'm curious as to how many people will be going on this cruise. It's officially less than 3 years away!!! I hope I dont have to keep this thread going on my own.

I know nothing of crystal....are they more or less formal than cunard? How many formal nights on a 14 day cruise? What is your favorite thing about crystal? Can you tell I'm a newbie to crystal? ImNewHere
Back to top Go down
thevacationstop
Host
Host
thevacationstop

Number of posts : 444
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Group 2011 for the Holidays!   Crystal Group 2011 for the Holidays! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 6:35 pm

mnmomof4 wrote:
I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and a Happy NEw Year.

I'm curious as to how many people will be going on this cruise. It's officially less than 3 years away!!! I hope I dont have to keep this thread going on my own.

I know nothing of crystal....are they more or less formal than cunard? How many formal nights on a 14 day cruise? What is your favorite thing about crystal? Can you tell I'm a newbie to crystal? ImNewHere

My family and I will be going on this cruise, as we were lucky winners in one of the contests.
I can't help you with personal experience on Crystal. Yet.

I'll be on the Symphony for the Baltic cruise this coming August. So, I'll have plenty of time to fill you in after that.
Back to top Go down
http://thevacationstop.com

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Group 2011 for the Holidays!   Crystal Group 2011 for the Holidays! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 6:48 pm

Thanks for the response Steve. I assume you will be booking 2 cabins also. I am anxious to try this line
Back to top Go down
thevacationstop
Host
Host
thevacationstop

Number of posts : 444
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Group 2011 for the Holidays!   Crystal Group 2011 for the Holidays! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 6:55 pm

mnmomof4 wrote:
Thanks for the response Steve. I assume you will be booking 2 cabins also. I am anxious to try this line

With 5 people, that's the only choice. This summer though, it's just me and Jean. The kids will have to be happy visiting with Grandma and Grandpa.
Back to top Go down
http://thevacationstop.com

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Group 2011 for the Holidays!   Crystal Group 2011 for the Holidays! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 6:58 pm

I'm cruising on jan 17...no kids...have to fly my mom up to watch all the kids....sometimes we just need couple times...I'm so looking forward to it...yet I will enjoy the xmas cruises with the whole family
Back to top Go down
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Group 2011 for the Holidays!   Crystal Group 2011 for the Holidays! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 7:55 pm

I wonder if this is still a go??? Question
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Group 2011 for the Holidays!   Crystal Group 2011 for the Holidays! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 8:56 pm

Seriously?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Group 2011 for the Holidays!   Crystal Group 2011 for the Holidays! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 9:15 pm

I doubt it
Back to top Go down
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Group 2011 for the Holidays!   Crystal Group 2011 for the Holidays! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 11:06 am

cruisehappe wrote:
I doubt it

How cool, I see you'll be aboard Elizabeth on her maiden voyage!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Group 2011 for the Holidays!   Crystal Group 2011 for the Holidays! - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crystal Group 2011 for the Holidays!
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next