Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 6:30 pm

but they have good drinks.....where did you go??
Back to top Go down
jillybabes
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 1741
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 6:30 pm

It's a little cafe, just the other side of the border lol!

Up Next: Fr 11/09, Solstice 2/10, Oasis 10/10, Holiday Mystery Cruise 12/10
Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 PolarBearBanner1
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 6:36 pm

PH8 wrote:
but they have good drinks.....where did you go??

Plaza Leca is the name of the place and it is in the square with several other cafe..
The drinks are fabulous and Diane has the pic to prove it!!! One in each hand, right D drunken !!!

Sheila: Loved BB and can not wait til Sunday...Michele is going to be a great HOH!!!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 6:55 pm

I LOVE mexico and love all the little places........have eaten in the square...but not there.......never heard of it.......will have to check it out...
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 7:14 pm

Wink Their salsa and chips are freshly made and to die for...
Last time we went to 1/2 Senor Frogs at the dock in Coz it was very $$$ for a couple of beers and Margaritas!!! There is also a place at the dock inside by the shops that has wonderful Margaritas!!!

Sheila: You know, you can vote to bring back one of the excluded contestants from AGT...I voted for Donald to be brought back, but I do hope that Neal wins...He could have given Pavarotti a run for his money!!! Got to NBC.com...

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 7:18 pm

Sounds yummy.maybe we'll check it out in Dec.....

Just started looking more at the C and A mag.......saw pics of the members cruise(Splendour-SA and Radiance-Hawaii).........I recognize Herb and Marianne and Rachel Hancock......see any else you know??

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 2687456210042692775S600x600Q85
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 7:27 pm

PH8 wrote:

Just started looking more at the C and A mag.......saw pics of the members cruise(Splendour-SA and Radiance-Hawaii).........I recognize Herb and Marianne and Rachel Hancock......see any else you know??

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 2687456210042692775S600x600Q85
The couple right above and to the right of Member Spotlight (she has long blonde hair) were on our Radiance Member's cruise along with the couple right next to where it says Member. We played Trivia with them. They are good friends of Gerald's & Greta's................Gerald........the one with the most cruises on RCI.
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 7:50 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
PH8 wrote:

The couple right above and to the right of Member Spotlight (she has long blonde hair) were on our Radiance Member's cruise along with the couple right next to where it says Member. We played Trivia with them. They are good friends of Gerald's & Greta's................Gerald........the one with the most cruises on RCI.

My thoughts exactly, they were on the Mariner with Gerald and Greta this past February...

Back to top Go down
Exairgoddess1
Charter Member
Charter Member
Exairgoddess1

Number of posts : 319

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 8:49 pm

Chris....have heard nothing but good things about the US Direct so think we may try it...will call Alaskan Air to make sure that they know about it which I am sure they do. Do we have to let RCI know? I am assuming that it is as simple as just putting our cabin tags on the luggage before we check in at Alaska Air. We go through SEA, but it is all through Alaska Air. I figure by the end of summer they should have this system down pat!

Sheila and Jill....Whoo Hoo...they got out Jessie!!! Will he be surprised on the CBS AM show when he finds out that America wanted him out! I hope Michelle puts up Keesha and Libra, not Dan. Memphis will keep Keesha in I think....Sunday should be VERY interesting! Actually, both Dan and Memphis should go because they have won big prizes and so has Libra.

I am just pooped today. You have no idea how much energy goes into singing Gospel....it is a workout! Besides that we had to set up and tear down for both nights. Taking the weekend off.

So, no more "photo coupons", huh? Well then my camera will get a workout....I have way too many "boarding photos" as it is.
And what is this Diamond International thing you all are discussing....guess I missed that in the 5 pages that I didn't read to catch up.

Diane, I have not even looked at excursions for Voyager other than think about the few places we might want to see that we haven't been to...but that is as far as it got.....after next week's conference we will be focused on starting to get organized for Alaska. But if they have uped the prices we probably won't do anything through the ship.

That is it from hot and sticky Calif.
Mar~
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 10:30 pm

Watching the Opening Ceremonies of the Olympics...........even though they were yesterday.........and I have to say the Chinese sure do know how to put on a show. Absolutely magnificent.

Have a great evening everyone........................
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 10:40 pm

Oh Happy Friday...whew, another week down and closer to cruisig. One month from today we'll be boarding the Jewel Very Happy

Mar - I don't think we had to notify RC, just followed the directions of US Direct. Was really nice NOT to have to look for our baggage.

Hope Jul has landed. We've been getting the monsoon weather in the late afternoon and evenings lately. The southeast part of the valley had some flooding yesterday, and the airport was not operational for an hour or so due to lightening strikes. Looks ok right now, but you never know in this town. We gave our best "good weather dance" for her, but not so sure it worked. Lots of poofy clouds hanging around.

Jill - Been looking at the Florida departures thread. Lots of great information there, but I want it from A REAL EXPERT on Tampa. What do you think of the Rocky Pointe area?

Kathy - Is it this Saturday for your Fantasy Five ticket? Or was it last week? (stm)

Patti - Great story, I'll look forward to our magazine.

Shorty - Will be fun comparing our bargains, of course mine is undoubtedly LARGER! Wink

Really happy that Jessie is G O N E ! Did anyone see him on GMA this morning? Did they tell him about Dan?
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 11:10 pm

Chris: Rocky Point is very nice and there are several hotels that you can stay at...It is only about 15 minute ride to the port...As a matter of fact, when we went to Alaska last year, we left our car at the Holiday Inn for the 15 nts and it was included with our pre cruise stay...What hotel are you looking at??? There are also some nice restaurants in the area...

Chris, Mar: I did not see Jesse on GMA, but I would hope that Julie told him about Dan...Bakc to the Olympics... Have a good night all...

Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 12:53 am

I had a great day today - I took Trudy, the Guest Services Manager on Monarch, to see some people who are some of her favorite cruisers (behind Don and me, I'm sure). The wife was recently diagnosed with pulmonary hyptertension, which is so rare that (1200 cases in the US) that it's pretty much fatal. They have over 150 cruises with RCI and practically lived on Monarch in between longer ones, but now she can't cruise, probably ever again. Trudy wanted to see them before she signs off on Monday so we drove down and surprised them.

Trudy hid behind the door while I rang and said, in my best "want to buy some insurance?" voice, "Hi, I'm Jean!" The husband looked a little wary and the caregiver looked like she was about to shut the door, so I then said, "I have a special delivery from Monarch of the Seas," and Trudy stepped out. I thought he was going to cry from the joy of it. Shocked They had a really nice visit. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

Number of posts : 1251
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 1:44 am

Jean, your surprise package to the couple sounds great! Glad Trudy was able to visit with them. I wonder if I would know the couple you are talking about but we can compare notes on Monarch next weekend. Very Happy

I know Ginny (Master Baker) she and her husband shared a dinner table on the Dawn Princess in Jan. 03 with Amber (Bur Bunny) and myself, it was a Cruise Addicts group cruise. My first ever group cruise. Lots of fun and they were a really nice couple. They helped me come up with a name for that board Miss Piggy Brulee (sp). The cruising world is really small in many ways it seems sooner or later you will run into someone you have met before.

Well I decided not to do either the Liberty of the Seas in Dec and the Alaska in June 09 and will stay with the Mariner in June 09.

Liz is talking about the Oasis in 2010, so you'll need to come up with something for the reunion cruise with a date okay???? No pressure Smile
Back to top Go down
barbeeAL
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 384

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 8:56 am

Hey all....whats up with the auto login here...arghhhhhh it is not working...I have to relogin every time

Yes sooo happy Jessie walked thru the door. He is so imature and self centered. Would have loved to see his reaction, was pretty shocked on the vote out night.

This is a drama filled group, much more screaming than last year & it was packed with Jen & Evil Dick

Bought me a travel tote yesterday....soooo cute Had to have some retail thearpy after this week at work, spent 7 hours yesterday dealing with 1 HR/police/patient safety problem. Had head of HR, Police chief, my AVP & legal debating if we could search a personal belonging bag suspected in inapprobriate activity, even with signs posted all over teh hosp any bag is subject to seizure & search.....jeez

I recognized the young couple as well in the pix Kathy, did noy know names

Jean, that was so nice for yall to do...They do lung transplants for PH...is one option, is a bad diagnosis for sure.

Yeah for cruises leaving soon, we hop to Bahamas in 2 weeks for the weekend for a land trip...can't wait.
Back to top Go down
barbeeAL
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 384

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 9:04 am

nancyk2sea wrote:
Just checking in--

Patti--loved reading what you sent in, Vietnam is on our list to visit also. Ken was in the Navy at that time, did not get sent to Vietnam but my brother did.
Agree, would like to see how things have changed over the years.

Did anyone watch the Asia RCL cruise show? We are really interested in the cruise tour...a bit pricy, but 24 days and you see the best of China, Vietnam, Thialand

Have read for Vietnam a visa is requied, do not know for the other ports...

Wanna do the Oasis once as well...that would be a great reunion ship
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2007-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 9:37 am

barbeeAL wrote:
nancyk2sea wrote:
Just checking in--

Patti--loved reading what you sent in, Vietnam is on our list to visit also. Ken was in the Navy at that time, did not get sent to Vietnam but my brother did.
Agree, would like to see how things have changed over the years.

Did anyone watch the Asia RCL cruise show? We are really interested in the cruise tour...a bit pricy, but 24 days and you see the best of China, Vietnam, Thialand

Have read for Vietnam a visa is requied, do not know for the other ports...

Wanna do the Oasis once as well...that would be a great reunion ship

Good Morning--

Barb, we watched the travel show and thought the land tour was a good way to see things we could not see on a cruise. Agree, it is a bit expensive and would take a chunk out of the cruise budget but we did print it off and plan to talk about it.

A quiet Sat. planned with lots of Olympics .

Later--
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 10:29 am

Rise & Shine....

Jean - That was so nice of you to take Trudy to see her cruise friends. I'm sure it made their day...and hers. Pat yourself on the back.

Jill - Haven't really looked too hard, but Rocky Pointe hotels seem to get good remarks from those that have stayed there. The HI is quite a bit cheaper than the Hampton, so just wondering if it's worth the difference. Have to admit that since Bahama Breeze is right there both caught my eye. It's my favorite place to eat when we have to be on the eastside of town here. Always thinking of food LOL.

Have a great day!
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 10:54 am

Chris: Normally, we are not HI people, but the price was right and they let us leave our vehicle at the hotel N/C plus had a free shuttle to the airport! On the way home from Vancouver after travelling all those hours, when we arrived at the airport late at night we called the HI, they did not have anyone working the shuttle that night but told us to catch a cab and they would pay for it which they did...If you are only staying one night I would not hesitate Smile ...

The opening ceremonies last night were spectacular, China knows how to put on a show!!!

Jean: You did your good deed for the week Wink ...

Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 11:00 am

Mar: I would think that Michelle will definitely put up Libra because she took the Hawaiian Vacation from her and probably Keesha...Libra needs to LEAVE Twisted Evil !

Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 12:35 pm

Morning everyone................a beautiful and cool day here. Wish it would stay this way forever.

Jean, what a nice thing to do for your friends. I am sure that they were both grateful to see Trudy. And how nice of Trudy to want to do this for them. That really says a lot about the RCI crew..........treating everyone like family.

Off to watch some Olympics............hate the time difference. And, of course, tragedy has already struck a USA volleyball coach................sure didn't take long did it? Sad Sad

Wishing everyone a wonderful Saturday.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 1:01 pm

Good Morning. It's very nice here again today. Windows are open beatiful breeze. I'm just waiting for my DD and family to arrive. They are on their way to Ocean City MD for vacation and are stopping here for lunch.

I agree the Opening Ceremony was spectacular. Pity there was trouble already today. I'm hoping to gain inspiration from the swimmers later.

Jean kudos to you for your kind act.

I recognized the same people as Patti. Havn't gotten my mag yet.

I saw the RCCL Asia program and agree that the land tour is almost a mandatory thing to do. I sooooo want to see the Ceramic Warriors. That trip will be well into our future list though.

I think that Oasis would be a great ship for our reunion unless we do Radiance so we are back on familiar ground which would also be very nice especially if Capt Trym and Chantal were on board.

Catcha all later.

Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 4:31 pm

I confess that I'd probably pass on Oasis for a reunion cruise. I'd vote for one of the Radiance class ships. I'd love to do the Southern Caribbean, but not out of San Juan. I wonder if RCI will start doing a longer cruise down there from Florida. I'd love to see a 14 night option that isn't a B2B!
Back to top Go down
Exairgoddess1
Charter Member
Charter Member
Exairgoddess1

Number of posts : 319

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 5:43 pm

Jean....What a lovely thing you did!! And what a sweetie Trudy is and continues to be...we just love her!

We had company last night so taped the Opening of the Olympics. Watched only an hour of it before bed.
I'd say YVR is going to have to go a long way to top it. Only, a thought went through my head watching the Chinese soldiers march with the flag....what if they decide to turn all those drummers and judo guys, etc. and their 1/5 of the human population into an army? A little unnerving.

Mar~
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 7:17 pm

critterchick wrote:
I confess that I'd probably pass on Oasis for a reunion cruise. I'd vote for one of the Radiance class ships. I'd love to do the Southern Caribbean, but not out of San Juan. I wonder if RCI will start doing a longer cruise down there from Florida. I'd love to see a 14 night option that isn't a B2B!

If Princess can do a 10,12 and 14 nt from Ft. Lauderdale to the Southern Caribbean, why not RCI Question

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 37 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board :: Cruise Line Specific Boards :: Royal Caribbean :: Royal Caribbean All Aboard! (Roll Call) :: 2007-
Jump to: