Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+9
frudutx
GrmyCRS
nancyk2sea
jillybabes
critterchick
vlscruiser
JJ2sail
cruisenfever
cruiseforme
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 12:14 am

critterchick wrote:
Dramaqueen wrote:
Things are going pretty well here except that Bob is not feeling good today.
We went to a Children's Museum yesterday and Peyton had a great time. I guess she's wearing pop-pop out.

I'm having a hard time getting used to the TV programs being on Central Time here. I forget that the news strats at 10pm and the late night shows come on at 10.30. I havn't seen Letterman or Leno all the way through for years. lol! However I almost missed some of my favorite shows since they come on so early. I watched AGT last night. That show amuses me believe it or not. geek Haver a great day everyone.

Sheila, here's hoping that Bob feels better soon! I like AGT, too. I have to tell you: Busty Hart, who was breaking things with her boobs as her "talent" was a staple at the Boston Garden in the 1980s when I lived there. They even flew her to LA during the 1984 finals to distract the players. She was a "hit" with the fans. She claimed to be 46. If she's 46, then I'm still jailbait. lol!

I loved the salsa dancers, though. What a good way to keep them out of trouble!

I keep hoping to hear from Reyno that he's going home through LA, but I don't think he put in the request soon enough. We were going to show him around town. I hope he gets a CL of his own, although with the slashing of their salaries it's not as attractive a job as it used to be, is it?

That is too funny about Busty Hart. Did she really think Pierce would go for that.

As to the Concierges, I think it's a shame that they have put them on the same level as waiters and room stewards, having to rely partly on tips. It does take away the prestige of the job and will probably drive the better ones out of the business. We'll be relegated to the "Mitzi's" of the fleet, as someone on another Forum just posted.
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2007-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 9:31 am

Good morning all!

Sheila--do hope that Bob is feeling better today. Shocking about the house rules. Very Happy
Your comments about the TV schedule, we get to watch the shows that were on too late when we were in FL when they rerun during the summer.

Do hope all of you have a great day, will check back tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 11:47 am

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Happy_4th_2

Morning everyone! Stopping by to wish you all a Happy 4th!

We are in charge of the Pancake Breakfast for the scouts tommorrow, before the parade, so will be a busy day. Then Saturday will drive up to the Boy Scout Camp and visit younger son and then spending Sunday at the Lake House.

Have a good weekend!

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Starburst_multicolor
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 12:02 pm

Good Morning SPB's

Bob is feeling better today. A 24 hour thing I guess.

Nancy I plan to SHOCK you tonight too. I decided I need to wind down after bedtime is over. Laughing

We have no big plans for the 4th. I understand the neighbors have a block party so maybe we'll join that.

Off to do the Mom Mom thing catcha all later.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 12:09 pm

Good morning.......

Feeling better,but Dennis got it last night..........he was up all night while I slept in Laurens room.......but I dont think he was as bad as me.......we're just gonna eat light today........this will be one cruise without a high bar bill.....hahahah

So who sets the "house rules" Sheila?? Laughing

It really isnt fair about the concierges........you cant take away without upsetting them...........

Have a safe and happy Fourth everyone.......
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 12:11 pm

Oh almost forgot!

Bon Voyage Kathy and Jean!!!!!! Very Happy

Anyone else?
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 2666
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 12:47 pm

Morning all...........it's a very rainy day here...........

Bon Voyage Jean and Kathy. Kathy, I do hope that you and Dennis are feeling better. The best medicine...........get on a cruise ship. Hey, maybe the alcohol will kill all those bad boys in your system.

Glad that Bob is feeling better. Sheila, when do your kids return............and are you looking forward to it? Laughing

Wishing everyone else a great day...............hope it's sunny and dry where you are.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 1:09 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
Morning all...........it's a very rainy day here...........

Bon Voyage Jean and Kathy. Kathy, I do hope that you and Dennis are feeling better. The best medicine...........get on a cruise ship. Hey, maybe the alcohol will kill all those bad boys in your system.

Glad that Bob is feeling better. Sheila, when do your kids return............and are you looking forward to it? Laughing

Wishing everyone else a great day...............hope it's sunny and dry where you are.

Patti you're getting what we had yesterday. The kids return on Sunday night and we go home on Monday night. I'll be ready to settle back into quiet little Delaware by then. Laughing

Kathy I agree with Patti, alcohol will kill anything. lol! Have a wonderful time.

Jean have your usual great time on Monarch.
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

Number of posts : 1251

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 2:16 pm

Kathy & Jean wish you both smooth seas and a good time on your cruises. Kathy hope Dennis feels better super fast.

Good Morning Everyone, off to work on stuff.
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 3:58 pm

Thanks for the BV wishes! Kathy, you have a great cruise, and I hope you rally for a few frou frou drinks (or whatever is your fave)!

We're going to have a chilled out cruise, I think - we're meeting a couple of CCers at 3:00 in the Schooner Bar and then we have no plans other than our usual Ensenada excursion - a couple of massages and lunch at El Pueblo. It's a dirty job, but somebody has to do it!

I've been cleaning my kitchen today. My housekeeper doesn't think that her job requires her to move things to clean the counters, so every few weeks (ok, once a year or so) I get into the deep cleaning.

We're probaby going to have the interior of our house repainted. There are so many dings and areas that need touchups that it makes more sense to repaint than to spot paint. Of course the painter wants to do the exterior, too, but that would mean giving up a cruise, and I'd rather not do that!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 4:07 pm

No plans for this trip either,Jean......a massage would feel so good right now......
Bon Voyage to you...

we just took the dogs to the kennel.........We were gonna head over to Cocoa Beach today but figured we'd be better off staying here tonite......

Thanks all for the good wishes..........enjoy your Fourth........
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 7:49 pm

Fido and I are sharing a turkey sandwich. It's a good thing I put cheese on it and he doesn't like cheese, otherwise I'd be having a lettuce sandwich! TimeToFeedTheCat
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 8:30 pm

Bon Voyage Jean & Kathy, wish we were going too!

Patti - Love the pic of you and Reyno.

Nothing big planned here, but friends from our Hawaii cruise will be in town, so we'll have lunch with them on Saturday.

Hope everyone has a great, safe Fourth of July.
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 9:52 pm

GrmyCRS wrote:
Bon Voyage Jean & Kathy, wish we were going too!

Patti - Love the pic of you and Reyno.

Nothing big planned here, but friends from our Hawaii cruise will be in town, so we'll have lunch with them on Saturday.

Hope everyone has a great, safe Fourth of July.
Say Hi to Sandy and Ed for us.
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 11:29 pm

BV Jean and Kathy.......have a great cruise y'all.

Weekend will be hectic and then Sun we take off for Chgo......yippee

This show will be a tough emotional one but will get thru it........(lots of kleenex I'm sure!) (we had one close vendor die and another get breast cancer)

off to zzzzzz's........have a great evening everyone.....

I'm sure btt I get back we'll be on a new thread again.....we're on 72 now and usually by now it's kicked over.......

HAPPY 4th......

Jen ----LOVE the fireworks!!

jul Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 12:36 am

cruiseforme wrote:
BV Jean and Kathy.......have a great cruise y'all.

Weekend will be hectic and then Sun we take off for Chgo......yippee

This show will be a tough emotional one but will get thru it........(lots of kleenex I'm sure!) (we had one close vendor die and another get breast cancer)

off to zzzzzz's........have a great evening everyone.....

I'm sure btt I get back we'll be on a new thread again.....we're on 72 now and usually by now it's kicked over.......

HAPPY 4th......

Jen ----LOVE the fireworks!!

jul Smile

Hey Jul, We may be passing like ships in the night. We will be picking up our DS and DIL at O'Hare on Sunday night about 9pm. awe leave on Monday night from Midway to go home to Phila.
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 9:55 am

Sheila........yup we will..........we'll be at Ohare about 3pm!! Can't believe your week is about done......that sure seemed to go fast! (on this end anyhow!)

Happy 4th everyone...

Off to work

j Smile
Back to top Go down
Murphy

Number of posts : 1644
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 10:29 am

Happy Independance Day all! Woo Hoo! Finally a long weekend and I have no plans to work during any of it! I'll probably regret that come Monday, but I'll deal with that then!

Nice quiet day today. We'll work on the yard a little and get some sun. Except for the nasty storm on Tuesday night, I think we had some great weather for your visit Sheila! I personally wish it was about 5 degrees warmer, but I'll take the weather projections for the weekend... sunny and 70's!

Tomorrow we have a fun wedding to go to. Our old neighborhood's most beautiful "daughter" is getting married to a Scottsman. They are just the most gorgeous couple and the event is at a private mansion. His family is here from Scotland, and I'm expect lots of kilts and legs! Smile If the wedding itself isn't unique enough, it will be soooo good to be with all our old neighbors again. We are such a fun group!

Enjoy your weekend everyone!
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 11:41 am

Morning everyone and

Happy 4th of July

Hope the weather cooperates in your neighborhoods so that you can all go ahhhhh when the skies light up tonight!

Susan, ya know what they say about men in kilts? A true Scot wears nada underneath!!

Sheila, thanks for the email. Have no idea why June can't send us an email.............BUT she can receive our emails. We'll check out those itineraries that she is talking about.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 11:47 am

Murphy wrote:
Happy Independance Day all! Woo Hoo! Finally a long weekend and I have no plans to work during any of it! I'll probably regret that come Monday, but I'll deal with that then!

Nice quiet day today. We'll work on the yard a little and get some sun. Except for the nasty storm on Tuesday night, I think we had some great weather for your visit Sheila! I personally wish it was about 5 degrees warmer, but I'll take the weather projections for the weekend... sunny and 70's!

Tomorrow we have a fun wedding to go to. Our old neighborhood's most beautiful "daughter" is getting married to a Scottsman. They are just the most gorgeous couple and the event is at a private mansion. His family is here from Scotland, and I'm expect lots of kilts and legs! Smile If the wedding itself isn't unique enough, it will be soooo good to be with all our old neighbors again. We are such a fun group!

Enjoy your weekend everyone!

Susan, Yes we have had a pretty good week. Wish we could have found a way to see you.

Ahh!!! A Scottish wedding. I had one of those but Bob wouldn't wear the kilt but he did wear his uniform.

Our daughter Lori who embraces her heritage the most, had pipers at her wedding and had a traditional Scottish processional.

I'm sure you'll enjoy the wedding. We Scots know how to party. lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 11:54 am

cruisenfever wrote:
Morning everyone and

Happy 4th of July

Hope the weather cooperates in your neighborhoods so that you can all go ahhhhh when the skies light up tonight!

Susan, ya know what they say about men in kilts? A true Scot wears nada underneath!!

Sheila, thanks for the email. Have no idea why June can't send us an email.............BUT she can receive our emails. We'll check out those itineraries that she is talking about.

Patti I can attest to that statement about the kilt. My dad had a classic he always trotted out for Americans.

"Sir is there anything WORN under the kilt?"
"No sir there is nothing WORN under the kilt, it's all in perfectly good working order" stickingtongueout

As to the messages from June. We are very interested in the cruises and we'll be happy to be the go-between for communication. Can't imagine what the problem is.

Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 12:28 pm

Plans change............not going to Chgo at this point...

Got a call this am and our 22 yr old niece died last night.....Her father went to wake her up for work this am and found her. Unbelievable....

Off to Florida.........trying to decide whether to leave today or tomorrow......I'm not great at handling last minute changes and not sure I can pack fast enuff to get to the airport by 4pm.............HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

cya
j
Back to top Go down
barbeeAL
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 12:47 pm

So sorry for your niece Juls will be praying for you & your family

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 4th Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 4thRadiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 4th

Have a safe & happy 4th All!

Bon Voyage Jean & Kathy
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 2:13 pm

Oh Julie, so very sorry to hear about your niece. Thoughts and prayers are being sent to you and your family.
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 2:14 pm

Dramaqueen wrote:
cruisenfever wrote:
Morning everyone and

Happy 4th of July

Patti I can attest to that statement about the kilt. My dad had a classic he always trotted out for Americans.

"Sir is there anything WORN under the kilt?"
"No sir there is nothing WORN under the kilt, it's all in perfectly good working order" stickingtongueout

As to the messages from June. We are very interested in the cruises and we'll be happy to be the go-between for communication. Can't imagine what the problem is.

Sheila, I just sent you an email. Prices for those two cruises are way out of sight. A D1 is more than what we paid for our GS on Splendour.............and that's not including air!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 4 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next