Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Murphy
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 1644
Registration date : 2007-08-08

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 7:06 pm

vlscruiser wrote:
Good Afternoon Ladies,

Taking it easy as I put my back out again yesterday. Borrowed a muscle relaxer pill from son and it did help some.

Was wondering if any of you have done a excursion that involved dolphins? I would like to do one through the ship as I will be going alone. Liz and family will be doing something else. As long as my back is not acting up so that I can walk and sit do you know if the dolphin excursion would be alright?

Ginny, hope you are feeling better. I think both Jul and Barb did a dolphin swim on their recent trips. Hopefully they can answer you. I think some of the ship's options are call a Dolphin "experience" and don't really involve a lot of swimming, but more of a "kiss"/"touch" type of thing. Some of them are actual swims, where the dolphin actually push you across the water. That type might not be good if your back is acting up.
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 7:06 pm

Jul, we were posting at the same time! Hope you are fairing well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 12:06 am

Murphy wrote:
Dramaqueen wrote:
Susan your account of the wedding made me home sick. Do you remember what the folk dance was?

We did a lot of those at my wedding. Glad you enjoyed it. It's very nice in Bourbonnais today as well.
We see where there is to be bad weather tomorrow night. I hope it doesn't delay our departure.

Sheila, they did not tell us the name, but it kind of looked a little like the texas 2 step. The groom kept spinning his mom under his arm, it was so cool. Then after about 2 minutes, all the rest of the Scot clan joined in and the dance floor was full of kilts.

Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention this part.... I know McHenry is hardly cosmopolitan, but the other unusual things was that all the Scottish women had feather hats on! Not really hats that had any form to them, but little ribbony type things with feathers sticking out all over. I wasn't sure if this was a wedding tradition, like wearing a hat, or whether it was a current fashion trend! Anyway, it was cool looking, but I don't see me going out to buy one!

Susan it sounds like the "Gay Gordons" Don't let the name put you off. Laughing It's a very traditional dance. As to the hats well it is customary to wear a hat to a Scottish wedding so I'm sure they brought smaller ones and the feathers are part of highland dress. When I went over for my nieces wedding and sang in the service, my sister took me to a lady who rents out hats for weddings. She had a room that looked like Princes Di's dressing room and I looked quite stylish if I may say so. king
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 12:19 am

You guys have to read this and participate. It's hysterical

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=804683
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 9:48 am

Dramaqueen wrote:

take a look at what I posted lol!

Morning All, hope all is well in SPB land Wink ...Nail appt later this morning, so I will check in Later, Jill

Up Next: Fr 11/09, Solstice 2/10, Oasis 10/10, Holiday Mystery Cruise 12/10
Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 PolarBearBanner1
Back to top Go down
barbeeAL
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 384

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 10:01 am

Post 4th weekend slow to work today...have a little sorethroat....what's up with this...tis summer

Ginny, we did the dolphin swim in Hawaii and again in the Bahamas thru a ship excursion. A great time both...neither I did was taxing...both were standing in the water, hugging, kissing and enjoying being so close to such lovely creatures. The Hawaii one you did swim out to a pier with the dolphins swimimng under you.

Juls hope all is well your way
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 1:05 pm

Home from the Sovereign:cry: Crying or Very sad Did not want to get off........I swear they have the best crew.........we had alot of fun...........now is time for laundry/grass cutting etc............just wanted to say hi.......

I'll read past posts later to see if any new additions to THE LIST!!
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 1:17 pm

Afternoon everyone...............hope everyone had a great weekend.

Sheila, I've clicked on that thread many times and have enjoyed the comments. Now, I gotta go see what Jill posted.

Hi Barb, sorry to hear about the sore throat. Hope you get better soon.

Jul, hope everything is OK with you. Do you all have a BJ's in your area and are you a member? If you like I could save coupons on baby stuff like diapers. Let me know.

Welcome home Kathy............glad you had a great time.
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 1:19 pm

jillybabes wrote:
Dramaqueen wrote:

take a look at what I posted lol!

Morning All, hope all is well in SPB land Wink ...Nail appt later this morning, so I will check in Later, Jill
I followed your lead!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 2:40 pm

Morning everyone!

We are back from visiting younger son at camp. He's doing great! Took him into town and out to lunch, then brought him back to camp. It's very smokey up there, (about an hour north of Ukiah, CA) and we saw fire trucks in about every motel we drove passed. Also saw the fire bombers and helicopters at the airport.

Jul- So sorry to hear about your niece. Thoughts and prayers coming your way.

Ginny- Hope your back is feeling better!

Kathy- Glad you had a good time and got to spend time with hubby!

Barb- I hate summer colds! Hope you are feeling better!

Have a good day everyone.
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

Number of posts : 1251
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 2:49 pm

Good Morning Ladies,

Have an appointment tonight with doctor at Kaiser regarding back. Nothing else was available so 8:30PM is it.

Kathy welcome home what a cute picture of you and Dennis.

Barb hope your sore throat passes quickly, thank you for the information on the dolphins.

Julie I will in Cozumel and it sounds like I should go for just standing on the platform and getting the kiss and touching the dolphins.
Better safe then sorry although I did want to swim with them. I never know when my back is going to get ugly.

Well you'll have a wonderful day. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 3:33 pm

PH8 wrote:
Home from the Sovereign:cry: Crying or Very sad Did not want to get off........I swear they have the best crew.........we had alot of fun...........now is time for laundry/grass cutting etc............just wanted to say hi.......

I'll read past posts later to see if any new additions to THE LIST!!

Welcome back Kathy. Love the new avatar.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 3:37 pm

Ginny and Barb please feel better.

Our bags are packed and we're ready to go. (Sounds like a song lol! )

Kids got home last night. They had a ball. Can't say enough about RCCL. Peyton was surprised when her daddy got her up this morning. We leave soon for home.

Off to check the other side.
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 4:04 pm

My bags are packed with dirty clothes and still in the back of my car! We had a fabulous time on Monarch. Saturday night as we were limping back to the cabin after dancing up a storm in Bolero's, Don said "I'm starting to regret not booking the 8/15, after all." So he may crash our girls' cruise if we can get an SO or a JS. I'm too spolied to share anything smaller with him, LOL.

Julie, I'm so sorry to read about your niece. What a tragedy. (((hugs))) to you.

I did express debarkation with Don and was home by 7:15. I fed the critters and went straight back to bed! Now I need to get cleaned up & into the office.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 4:49 pm

critterchick wrote:
My bags are packed with dirty clothes and still in the back of my car! We had a fabulous time on Monarch. Saturday night as we were limping back to the cabin after dancing up a storm in Bolero's, Don said "I'm starting to regret not booking the 8/15, after all." So he may crash our girls' cruise if we can get an SO or a JS. I'm too spolied to share anything smaller with him, LOL.

Julie, I'm so sorry to read about your niece. What a tragedy. (((hugs))) to you.

I did express debarkation with Don and was home by 7:15. I fed the critters and went straight back to bed! Now I need to get cleaned up & into the office.

Welcome back Jean, It must be great to live so close to the port. I wish !!!!!
Glad you had a good time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 4:51 pm

Jill and Patti, Loved your posts. Okay what about the rest of you. It's a hoot. Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 5:44 pm

Back again........

Jul-I am very sorry to hear about your niece..........how terrible....my prayers for the family go out to all of you......

Welcome back home Diane and Sheila........bet you all will be catching up on your rest,huh?? Busy time for all of you.

So jean.....any fireworks?? We saw a TON....at least 15 towns up and down the coast.....it was really neat......got my SS crystal....and the champagne for most cruises.....

I helped the captain out a bit during his Q and A session at our P/D party...someone asked him when the FR was coming to PC......he didnt know....I volunteered the answer......then someone asked when Oasis bookings opened up..again he didnt know......I told him.....at that point he brought me the mike and told me to come stand with him to answer questions....hahah Casey(the CD) said we people know more then them................aint that the truth???

Glad you all like the avatar.......I am always amazed I can get Dennis to pose for those.......he hates getting his pic taken.....

Well, off to Outback(inlaws treat).....

TTYL~~
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 7:32 pm

Evening everyone...............

Kathy, love the avatar. I think maybe Jim and I will do that on our next cruise and use one of those silly coupons in our book. Glad you were available to answer questions...........should have told everyone there to join CC.......... Laughing

Welcome home Jean, Not going to say that I'm glad you had a good time............cause you always have a good time!

Ginny...........hope the back is better.

Sheila...........have a safe and uneventful flight home. Remember to email me that info I need. Glad the kids enjoyed their cruise.

Just a piece of info............Ginny Ray and Alan booked the 2009 Jewel TA. It will be nice to see them again.

Wishing everyone else a great night..................back later.
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 8:02 pm

Welcome back Kathy & Jean. Kathy love the new avatar. I'll have a new one too as soon as John uploads it from his camera. Taken while on vacation last week.

I really love that thread over on CC, makes about as much sense as any over there and the people seem to be having lots of fun.

Anyway, last dat at home will actually go into work tomorrow. YUCK!

d
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 8:03 pm

Ginny.......I have a herniated disc in my back and neither of the dolphin swims I have done have bothered me........DO IT!!!....You will love it but be prepared to spend about $100 on pics!...

Thanks all for the prayers, hugs and good wishes.........the funeral is Fri so we're not sure when to head home......

Have a great day everyone.........we're handling it ok....but let me tell ya...IT"S TOUGH....

A 22 year old good christian girl should NOT die in her sleep...EVER

j
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 8:20 pm

Sheila, thanks for bringing me up to speed on the wedding customs! It really was a fabulous night. Save travels home! At least the storms blew thru, so you should have good flying weather.
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 8:22 pm

Welcome back Kathy & Jean...
Kathy: If anyone can help out the Capt you can...Missed Casey on our last SS cruise so happy to hear he is back...Wonder where he will head to once SS is gone???
Juls: Thoughts continue to be with you and the family...
Sheila: Have a safe trip home...
D: Don't work too hard tomorrow!!!
Ginny: Hope you are feeling a bit better...

Up Next: Fr 11/09, Solstice 2/10, Oasis 10/10, Holiday Mystery Cruise 12/10
Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 PolarBearBanner1
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 9:02 pm

Welcome back Jean & Kathy!

Kathy - Great avatar.

Barb & Ginny - Hope you both feel better soon.

Must take Sheila's "advice" and see what you all have been up to Very Happy

Jul - *Group HUG"...so, so sad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 10:15 pm

Jul-where in FL are you?? Sarasota area,if I recall?? Anyway,again I am very sorry about the news...

I liked Casey,Jill.love his accent........not sure where he is going.....

Thanks for the update Patti......

July
26th--Ginny--Liberty--WCarib

Aug
15th--Jen/Jean/Ginny--Monarch--BajaMexico
27th--Sheila--Jewel--Baltic
29th--Jean--Monarch--BajaMexico

Sept
1st--Jean--Monarch--BajaMexico
8th--Chris/Sheila/Martha/Nancy--Jewel--Transatlantic
12th--Kathy--Sovereign--Bahamas
12th--Marilyn--Radiance--Ultimate Alaska
25th - Jean(2)--Island Princess Pacific-- Panama Canal
26th--Patti--Radiance--Hawaii
26th--Jean--Monarch--BajaMexico

Oct
10th--Jean/Ginny--Monarch--BajaMexico

Nov
8th--Diane/Jill--Liberty-- E. Carib
9th--Jean--Vision--Mexican Riveria(with DirtGirl)
22nd --Ginny--Princess Sapphire
29th --Barb/Nancy--Voyager-- Barcelona TA

Dec
14th--Jen--Vision--Mexican Riveria
14th--Kathy--Mariner--WCarib
18th--Jean--AzamaraJourney--Panal Canal

January
11th-Diane/Marilyn--Voyager-WCarib
18th--Marilyn-Voyager-WCarib
30th--Jul--Jewel-Panama Canal

Feb
1st--Sheila-Independence-WCarib

8th--Susan--Adventure-SoCarib

April
19th--Jean/Marilyn/Ginny--Mariner--Mexican Riveria
26th--Patti/Sheila/Nancy--Radiance--SoAmerica to San Diego

May
16th--Jean--AzamaraBest of Italy

Jun
8th--Barb--Monarch--Bahamas
21st--Jen/Ginny--Mariner--Mexican Riveria

Aug
30th--Ginny--Mariner--Mexican Riveria

Sept
2nd--Patti/Ginny--Jewel--TA
14th--Patti--Jewel--NewEngland/Canada

Oct
4th--Kathy--Freedom--ECarib
4th--Jean--Radiance--Mexico
9th--Jean--Radiance--Mexico
13th/25th--Sheila--Brilliance--Med&Greek Isles

Nov
16th--Jean--Radiance--Mexico
20th--Nancy--Solstice--Med
23th--Barb-- Independence--England & PARIS TA
30th--Nancy--Solstice--TA

Dec
7th---Chris & Martha--Grandeur--ECarib

April
9th--Diane/Jill--Celebrity Millennium--Hawaii to Vancouver
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 1:33 am

Kathy, add August 1 Monarch for me. And Don will be crashing the girls' cruise on the 15th.

We only saw fireworks way off in the distance, but I caught a few nice bursts. I think we had to stay out to sea to keep the shops & casino open, but don't ever call me cynical. lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 6 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board :: Cruise Line Specific Boards :: Royal Caribbean :: Royal Caribbean All Aboard! (Roll Call) :: 2007-
Jump to: