Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+9
frudutx
GrmyCRS
nancyk2sea
jillybabes
critterchick
vlscruiser
JJ2sail
cruisenfever
cruiseforme
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Murphy
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 1644
Registration date : 2007-08-08

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 2:29 pm

Jul, sorry for your lose. Last minute travel plans are difficult, but hopefully it will all come together. I remember when my Mom passed away. My sister in Florida called me at 7:00 Sunday morning and I was on a plane by 12:30 that afternoon! YIKES! Don't really know how I pulled that off, but it worked.

It is so tragic when a young person passes. Hugs, kisses and prayers your way.
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 2:31 pm

cruisenfever wrote:

Sheila, I just sent you an email. Prices for those two cruises are way out of sight. A D1 is more than what we paid for our GS on Splendour.............and that's not including air!!

OK, I know I can't keep up with you all on your cruises, but what one are you investigating now??? I CAN NOT WAIT until Ray and I have the time to do all the traveling you all manage to fit into your lives. Did I say I CANNOT WAIT? Oh, yeah I did!
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 2:32 pm

Patti, LOVE your Avatar with Reyno! I do miss him come cocktail time each evening!
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2007-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 3:05 pm

Julie, so sorry to read about your niece, please travel safely and you and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Happy 4th to the rest of you. A very quiet day for us but that is okay.
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 3:24 pm

Murphy wrote:
cruisenfever wrote:

Sheila, I just sent you an email. Prices for those two cruises are way out of sight. A D1 is more than what we paid for our GS on Splendour.............and that's not including air!!

OK, I know I can't keep up with you all on your cruises, but what one are you investigating now??? I CAN NOT WAIT until Ray and I have the time to do all the traveling you all manage to fit into your lives. Did I say I CANNOT WAIT? Oh,yeah I did!
Our friend June from Australia (she was on the Polar Bear Express) is trying to talk us into doing a b2b on Rhapsody in Feb of 2010. One is from Sydney to Perth (the upper half of Australia) and then the second would be Perth back to Sydney but also sails around NZ. Total of 35 days. Absolutely amazing itineraries, since we have been to Australia and NZ twice. Of course, prices back in 2001 and 2002 were a lot cheaper..............as was airfare.

The airfare alone for 2 would probably be the cost of one cruise fare on either itinerary. Shocked
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

Number of posts : 1251
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 4:07 pm

Julie, praying for you and the family.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 5:13 pm

Jul so sorry to hear about your Niece. So tragic to lose someone so young. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and you family.
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 5:40 pm

Jul - How tragic...we're keeping you and your family in our thoughts.
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 12:02 am

Oh Juls so sorry about your niece...Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this time...If I can do anything please don't hesitate to ask...Jill
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 12:23 am

Thank u all for your thoughts and prayers.

David flew to Florida tonight and I'll leave in am. I was too over stressed trying to get ready for the weekend at the store and had a ton of freight to get worked up. So decided to not stress and fly a day later.

We don't know any other info yet......will hopefully find out something tomorrow.

I have no idea how long we're gone, whether we are flying to chgo after to work or what so I think I packed my whole closet!!!

Have a good week everyone......thanks again.....

jul
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 12:52 am

Jul safe travel to you.

Just noticed we flipped again. Wonder if this is a record for CF.

We just got back from an evening of dessert and fireworks at friends of the kids around the corner. It was so nice of them to invite us. Peyton had a good time with kids she knew. Not so much the fireworks, they scared her.
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 8:28 am

Good morning all--do hope you had a great Holiday.

Sheila--what nice friends of your kids to think about you.

Headed out early this am to get aunt and uncle moved into assisted living. This will be a good thing for them but I suspect difficult, they have lived in the same house they built in the country for over 50 years.
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 12:05 pm

Morning everyone................another firecracker day is over until next year.

Jul, safe travels and our continued thoughts are with you and your family.

It is an absolutely spectacular day here...............could remain this way all year long. Have a great day everyone..............................
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 12:23 pm

Good Morning all, Jul we'll be thinking of you and your family today.

It's a beautiful day here and we're off to the Splash Park. Cheers

Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 2:49 pm

Good Morning Ladies,

Not happening here just another hot day. Julie you are in my thoughts and prayers.
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 3:25 pm

Good Afternoon Ladies,

Took Diane & John to the airport this morning and they should be halfway home by now...We had a wonderful time last night watching fireworks from several of the surrounding Towns and private ones on the beach..Diane said she had never seen such wonderful fireworks...The air was cool (breezy on the roof) which is another first since it is usually humid this time of year...
After going out for dinner most of this week, we are going to relax tonight and, I will make grilled salmon for dinner...Will check in Later, Jill
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 11:32 pm

Trip to florida was uneventful (thank goodness).....however renting the car was another issue!!!

the funeral date isn't set and won't be until Monday but looks like it'll be either Thurs or Fri.....YIKES.....

Guess I have a weeks vacation!!!! with a beach near by!

HEY SIS......if you get a chance, email me your phone number and I may get a chance to run up and see ya!!

have a great Day tomorrow y'all.....

j Smile
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 10:01 am

Julie & David so sorry to hear about your niece.

We are home safe and sound, flight was uneventful as usual. Isn't that the way you want it to be? We had a fabulous time. Dave and Jill were the best hosts and we saw everything on the west coast of Florida. And, as Jill said the fireworks for the 4th were fantastic. Caught up with the mail last evening and doing laundry now. Will need to go for a few groceries at some point but just kind of getting back into the groove.

Will check back in later.

d
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 10:55 am

Welcome home Di. Glad you had such a good time.

Today is D Day for us. Mommy and Daddy fly home tonight and we fly home tomorrow.

We are ready.!!!! bounce

We've had a good time with Peyton but it's time for us to get back to normal.

Off to church and lunch. Catcha all later.
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 12:59 pm

Good morning all, home from church and also checking on aunt and uncle. The move went well yesterday, a few tears for them but all in all I think they will be happy.

D--welcome home, glad you enjoyed our other part of the world

Sheila--we have been thinking about you a lot this week, you will welcome your return to normal activities. Travel safely tomorrow.

Jul--keep us updated, so sorry that you have to go through this sad time.
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 1:11 pm

Morning all! Another beautiful day here, although it is supposed to finally get "hot" later today. But right now there is a wonderful breeze blowing thru, keeping things cool.

The wedding last night was absolutely fabulous! It was at a private mansion set in a wooded cove. The ceremony was outside (it did get a little hot in the sun!) and the beautiful bride arrived in a horse drawn carriage. All the male participants of the wedding party were in kilts (except for the bride's father) and the bag piper lead the procession. It was a lot of fun. The groom's family and friends from Scotland put on a nice folk dance show for the grooms' dance with his mom. My feet hurt from dancing and I'm a little hung over, today but it was worth it. Now I'm going out to clean the pool and just crash and enjoy the sun!

Jul, take care of your family. I'm sure there will be some difficult times this week.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 4:36 pm

Susan your account of the wedding made me home sick. Do you remember what the folk dance was?

We did a lot of those at my wedding. Glad you enjoyed it. It's very nice in Bourbonnais today as well.
We see where there is to be bad weather tomorrow night. I hope it doesn't delay our departure.
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 6:45 pm

Good Afternoon Ladies,

Taking it easy as I put my back out again yesterday. Borrowed a muscle relaxer pill from son and it did help some.

Was wondering if any of you have done a excursion that involved dolphins? I would like to do one through the ship as I will be going alone. Liz and family will be doing something else. As long as my back is not acting up so that I can walk and sit do you know if the dolphin excursion would be alright?
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 7:01 pm

Dramaqueen wrote:
Susan your account of the wedding made me home sick. Do you remember what the folk dance was?

We did a lot of those at my wedding. Glad you enjoyed it. It's very nice in Bourbonnais today as well.
We see where there is to be bad weather tomorrow night. I hope it doesn't delay our departure.

Sheila, they did not tell us the name, but it kind of looked a little like the texas 2 step. The groom kept spinning his mom under his arm, it was so cool. Then after about 2 minutes, all the rest of the Scot clan joined in and the dance floor was full of kilts.

Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention this part.... I know McHenry is hardly cosmopolitan, but the other unusual things was that all the Scottish women had feather hats on! Not really hats that had any form to them, but little ribbony type things with feathers sticking out all over. I wasn't sure if this was a wedding tradition, like wearing a hat, or whether it was a current fashion trend! Anyway, it was cool looking, but I don't see me going out to buy one!
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 7:03 pm

Ginny........we've done 2 excursions with dolphins..........Where are ya going?????????

jul Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 5 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next