Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What Happens When A Ship Is Over Sold?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Cruise Virgin Vinnie
Charter Member
Charter Member
Cruise Virgin Vinnie

Number of posts : 420
Registration date : 2007-08-09

What Happens When A Ship Is Over Sold? Empty
PostSubject: What Happens When A Ship Is Over Sold?   What Happens When A Ship Is Over Sold? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2007 12:09 pm

I was just in Roll Call reading the various posts and, one of them, I don't recall which one at the moment said the ship was over-sold. What happens in a case like that? Who gets bumped and what type of compensation, if any, do you receive?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Happens When A Ship Is Over Sold?   What Happens When A Ship Is Over Sold? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2007 6:01 pm

I was on the Star Princess back in February and the ocean view categories were over sold.

If I could've fit it into my calendar they would've rescheduled us to a later sailing, upgraded us to a balcony at no extra cost, and given us some OBC.

I couldn't reschedule, so they asked if I'd down grade to an interior room, and they gave me a handicap accessible room (HUGE) and OBC.

Of course every cruise line is a bit differrent.
Back to top Go down
newmexiconita
NCL Host
NCL Host

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: What Happens When A Ship Is Over Sold?   What Happens When A Ship Is Over Sold? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2007 4:58 pm

If you are referring to a truely over sold ship, it happens rarely but does. Normally when the cruise line realizes the ship is over sold they will ask people to re-schedule if possible and offer an OBC, a discount, an upgrade, etc. That usually solves the problems. If they can't get volunteers then they just advise passengers they can not accommodate them. Who do they notify first? All those on special rates, like TAs, interline people, union discounted reservations and so on. Does this answer your question? If not I will try to explain a little better. Sometimes I talk forever and still don't make myself clear. Ask my DH about that. Very Happy

Nita
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Happens When A Ship Is Over Sold?   What Happens When A Ship Is Over Sold? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What Happens When A Ship Is Over Sold?
Page 1 of 1