Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Airline & Price Hikes

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
First Timer
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2007-09-20

Airline & Price Hikes Empty
PostSubject: Airline & Price Hikes   Airline & Price Hikes Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 2:52 pm

As you can see I'm a newbie. I've been following the thread about the Hawaii to Vancouver trip on Millennium and someone brought up a question.

If we book and deposit, is our air guaranteed not to go any higher? In other words, if I book the cruise with air through Celebrity Cruise Lines, they will hold that price. For example if I book and the price is $800, can the raise it to $1200 if air prices go that high?
Back to top Go down
thevacationstop
Host
Host
thevacationstop

Number of posts : 444
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Airline & Price Hikes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airline & Price Hikes   Airline & Price Hikes Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 10:35 am

I have never seen a cruise line raise the price on anything once it is under deposit. That is one reason the cruise-line airfares are so high in the first place.

Actually, Royal Caribbean did try this with the fuel supplement. They applied the fuel supplement to sailings after a certain date, whether they were under deposit, paid in full, or not. The Florida Attorney General had a fit, and they had to back down from that stance. Now those charges do not change once under deposit.

So, I would expect that they would not change the airfare once under deposit. If they did, they would at least have to offer you the right to cancel completely, with no penalty.
Back to top Go down
http://thevacationstop.com

Airline & Price Hikes
Page 1 of 1