Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Norwegian Pearl

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ELAINE

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-05-01

Norwegian Pearl Empty
PostSubject: Norwegian Pearl   Norwegian Pearl Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 1:31 pm

Has anyone an opinion on the Pearl?? I have read so much @#$@#% that I'm not sure whether to chance a cruise on them or not. Your help would be greatly appreciated...we have been on many, many cruises on RCCL, several on Holland America, a Couple on Carnival, Regent Seven Seas, Oceania, and even the Riverbarge on the Mississippi...so we certainly are not "newbies" but also not kids and want to be sure before we take a 19 day cruise from Seattle to Miami on 9/21/08. Thanx in advance.

ImNewHere
Back to top Go down

Norwegian Pearl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Norwegian Pearl   Norwegian Pearl Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 5:24 pm

Hi Elaine,

Welcome Aboard! Welcome I moved your question over here to the NCL board so you'd have a better chance of getting answered. People may not find you in the Cruise Reviews section. Very Happy

I personally haven't sailed on NCL Pearl and, my opinon only but, I am not a fan of Freestyle cruising. But, hopefully someone can share the insight and knowledge you are seeking.
Back to top Go down

Norwegian Pearl Empty
PostSubject: Norwegian Reputation   Norwegian Pearl Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 3:58 pm

Hi, Elaine
I would listen to those reviews and take the comments as real. In my 21 years of Cruise Travel Business have sent many people on a lot of different cruiselines and the greatest complaints have come from those sailing on Norwegian. My advise to my agents in our office is to direct people away from NCL for that reason. You are a very savvy cruiser and your choice of cruiselines in the past reflect good choices. I hope you are not going to be disappointed.
LonaLee@FriendlyCruises.com
Back to top Go down
Koala_D

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-08-27

Norwegian Pearl Empty
PostSubject: NCL Pearl-- Panama Canal Cruise September 2008   Norwegian Pearl Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 6:44 pm

GoodLuck Hi, Elaine !
My daughter and I are booked on this cruise... it should be great.
I have sailed on NCL four times, both on the newer and the older ships. I had a great time on all of them ! I MUCH prefer it to Holland America, and will never sail on those ships again. Holland America is too stuffy and structured for me. Princess, Royal Caribbean, and Celebrity I like.
I really like all the choices for dining on NCL........ and it is great food ! There is one lobster night, a chocoholic buffet (if you like chocolate), many sit-down restaurants, a buffet-style restaurant that really has GREAT food.... and is my choice for breakfast usually. You may eat any time of the day you wish.... 24 hours a day.
Our room stewards have always been very nice, and the rooms clean. I understand NCL has upgraded all their linens, pillows, etc just recently. You follow the fish on the carpet to go forward or back so you won't get lost. The fish swim forward on the carpet.
Shows are fabulous.... well-worth seeing. The older ships suffer here as they get the leftover shows.
All in all, NCL is just so realxed... and there is always something you can do.... always !! My daughter and I took a 14 day TransAtlantic cruise on an older NCL ship, and expected to be bored part of the time. Instead, we were running from one activity to another, and didn't get one book finished! (Of course, how much you do is YOUR choice!)
I am expecting this to be a wonderful trip, although we may stay aboard in Los Angeles. San Francisco is always fun, and we dock next to Fisherman's Wharf.... so there is plenty to do walking by yourself. If you want to see Alcatraz book a tour, as the walk-up tickets are usually sold out. The Sierra Madre and San Sebastian Tours in Puerto Vallarta are worthwhile. I have never been to Acapulco, but understand the cliff divers are a must-see, but the food there is $$$$. Also, watch for pickpockets in that city.... bad problem. In Miami we are taking the tour that eventually drops us at the airport. It wasn't much more than the plain old shuttle ride to the airport !
If you have any questions... ask. I hope you take this tour.... it's a great one for the price, and NCL is really becoming one of the most popular cruise lines. They are trying hard to make it better all the time.... Holland America seems content to stay as they are (other lines are, too).
******As far as I know, this is the last tour like this from Seattle. 2009 and 2010 tours come and go from Los Angeles and are much more expensive for only 14 days !!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Koala_D

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-08-27

Norwegian Pearl Empty
PostSubject: Not a kid...... NCL Pearl Posting   Norwegian Pearl Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 6:48 pm

Elaine... I forgot to add that I am not a kid wanting to party 24 hours a day.

I am a Senior, and my daughter is in her 40's.

NCL is the first choice in cruise lines for both of us. Average prices with a lot to offer !

Yes... I'd love to cruise on Seabourn, but can't afford it. I feel NCL gives me the most value for my money..... and the ships are very pleasant and colorful. I have never had one complaint about the food, and all my cruises were a week or longer. (11 day Hawaii, 14 day Transatlantic, 10 day Caribbean, 7 day Alaska.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Norwegian Pearl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Norwegian Pearl   Norwegian Pearl Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Norwegian Pearl
Page 1 of 1