Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Roll Call (Introductions)

Go down 
+11
luvcruising
NDJollyMon
Carole
Diamond Dave
mytee4ever
Roxie
KeithnRita
Big Red Robyn
Cruise Virgin Vinnie
mamacruising
Bibb
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Bibb
Travel Agent
Travel Agent

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Roll Call (Introductions) Empty
PostSubject: Roll Call (Introductions)   Roll Call (Introductions) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 7:15 pm

In order to get to know each other, how about a roll call with introductions.

I'm Bibb, from Kittery, Maine.. We've been on 18 cruises (10 RCI, 4 CCL & 4 NCL) but do a lot of land
vacations also. I'm retired from the Air Force and the National Park Service.

Anyone else care to introduce themselves??
Back to top Go down
http://bklongcrier.com

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call (Introductions)   Roll Call (Introductions) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 9:29 pm

I'm Nick from Staten Island, the forgotten borough, in NYC. I work in our family business which is construction, I'm married to a wonderful, patient woman, and, we don't have any kids (although I think my wife would aruge that I'm one kid too many Razz .) We've cruised on many different lines from Carnival to Cunard, and, have discovered, there really isn't a bad cruise or bad cruise line. It's just a matter what fits our needs at the moment.

Oh and I might add we love this site and all the freedoms that go with it!
Back to top Go down
mamacruising
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
mamacruising

Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Somewhere in the USA   Roll Call (Introductions) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 11:43 pm

Hi I'm Debbie and since Hubby and I drive a truck, we could be anywhere in the USA. We have a house in Greenville,OH but since we are only there 1 week every 8 weeks, our daughter and grandson lives there...We take a lot of mini vacations though out the year but do a nice(suite) cruise every 2 years. We love leaving the truck in different places, renting a car and taking off for a couple of days!! We have been in 49 states,sorry can't drive to Hawaii, and most of Canada!!

Yes I agreee this is a great site with nobody getting flamed Twisted Evil for a asking a question cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call (Introductions)   Roll Call (Introductions) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 8:41 am

Hi I'm Host Jackie, not to be confused with Host Jacqueline over on CC. I live in the beautiful City by the Bay, San Francsico. I started my career in travel as a flight attendant but, when things went sour I left and became a part-time travel agent. I'm a step-mom and full time wife. And, I'm the person to come to if our admin Tina is cruising or indisposed for any reason.
Back to top Go down
Cruise Virgin Vinnie
Charter Member
Charter Member
Cruise Virgin Vinnie

Number of posts : 420
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call (Introductions)   Roll Call (Introductions) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 9:11 am

Greetings from Bay Ridge, Brooklyn, New York! I'm Vinnie and love cruising but, especially love cruising from my homeport of Brooklyn! If anyone has any questions about visiting Manhattan please feel free to PM me, I'm more than happy to share my knowledge of this wonderful city I call home!

Looking forward to Genesis/Oasis of the Seas with Cruise Freeks in 2009!

Also, don't forget that I'm the driving force behind the 2010 Christmas/New Year's cruise out of Cape Liberty, Bayonne, NJ on Royal Caribbean. If you even think you might be interested in this sailing, don't forget to sign up on the opt-in email list! Just click the link! https://cruisefreekforums.forumotion.com/Cruise-Freek-Forums-Present-Holiday-Cruise-2010-h63.htm
Back to top Go down
Big Red Robyn
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
Big Red Robyn

Number of posts : 408
Registration date : 2008-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call (Introductions)   Roll Call (Introductions) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 10:21 am

Hi I'm Robyn from NJ. We love family friendly cruise lines such as Royal Caribbean, Princess, Disney. We're extremely excited about Oasis of the Seas and I'm helping to pull together the 4th of July cruise on Princess Cruise Lines from New York in 2010!
Back to top Go down
KeithnRita
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
KeithnRita

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Introducing us   Roll Call (Introductions) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 10:49 am

Hello fellow cruisers! We are Keith and Rita from Southern Indiana. Shortly after we married in 1997 we took our first sea cruise and became hooked! Our next one will be number seventeen. Our ten grand kids and their various activities keep us fairly busy between cruises. We are also reformed bar room dancers who took up ball room dancing a few years ago. We belong to three dance clubs. We dance for fun and exercise, not for competition. Rita is retired from the Sheriff's Dept and I'm still involved in our family manufacturing business. We hope to meet up with fellow Cruisefreeks in future cruises.
Back to top Go down
http://ourworld.cs.com/KsmithCCI/myhomepage/vacation.html
Roxie
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2007-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call (Introductions)   Roll Call (Introductions) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 1:03 pm

Hi I'm Roxie. Single gal, divorced and always looking for trip mates! Looks like Cruise Freeks is starting to take off and I'm really looking forward to sailing on the Inaugural of Oasis of the Seas. You're really putting together a great package here and I think it's going to get Cruise Freeks noticed!
Back to top Go down
Bibb
Travel Agent
Travel Agent

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call (Introductions)   Roll Call (Introductions) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 5:04 pm

Nick - We stayed at the Navy Lodge (on the old Staten Island Navy Base) back in 2005 and loved it. We had a Swedish teenage girl with us and took "The Ferry" over to Manhattan had a ball.

Debbie - Staging mini-vacations from a moving home sounds like a great way to travel. I've been to all the states but Oregon and Karen has been to all but Oregon and Washington. We'll get those next year.

Vinnie - No place in the world serves cheese cake like the small diners near the Verrazano Bridge near Fort Hamilton in Brooklyn.

K&R - It's a shame you two don't like dancing. Laughing We usually dance to the wee hours on cruises but it's at the night club or disco. Getting to bed by 1:30AM on a cruise is hitting the sack early. Cool

Nice to meet new friends and say hello to old ones. Many of us have been around on other boards for quite a while now and we learn different things from different boards.

Any others care to check in????
Back to top Go down
mytee4ever
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2007-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call (Introductions)   Roll Call (Introductions) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 6:07 pm

Hi, I'm Towanda.

I'm married to a DJ & we live near Philadelphia, PA. (We were both born & raised on Long Island, so we regularly drive across Staten Island & through Brooklyn). We have 4 children, the oldest is 20 & will be graduating from Marine Corps basic training in a few weeks. We will be taking the other 3 (17, 12 & 10) on their first cruise this summer. It will be number 7 for the two of us & all of those on Carnival. I look forward to the opportunity to try other cruise lines & visit ports that I haven't been to yet.

In preparing for our first cruise back in 1998, I spent a lot of time on CC. After the cruise, the postings there seemed to get more hostile & stopped reading cruise boards. Searched them out again as we prepare to take the kids for their first cruise. Found this one from a Yahoo group posting. Happy to have found a board without the flames flying.

Towanda
Back to top Go down
Diamond Dave
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Diamond Dave

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2007-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call (Introductions)   Roll Call (Introductions) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 12:48 pm

Hi! I'm Dave as you can see by my signature, I love both Royal Caribbean and Princess but, really enjoy just about all cruise lines. I work in Manhattan for an Investment Bank.

And I'm very much looking forward to the Genesis Inaugural. I doubt I'll ever sail it again (I have a feeling it's going to be just too big) but, once during the Inaugural I am sure will be a memory for life!
Back to top Go down
Carole
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Carole

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2008-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call (Introductions)   Roll Call (Introductions) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 5:55 pm

Hello, Carole and John here - We currently live on the Gulf Coast of Texas (yuck) hoping to move anywhere but Texas - LOL

We have been on several cruises on different lines. We are looking forward to our next one in 2009. Smile

Favorite line is Princess.

We are the parents of 5 (3 his and 2 mine) and grandparents of 9 (from his three kids). We are also proud to say that three are/or have been military.
One Navy, one Air Force, and one Army. The Navy daughter finished her hitch two months ago and is married to a Navy veteran. Our Army son finished his hitch last August.....he is an OIF (Operation Iraqi Freedom) Vet. He got married to an Army girl so our daughter in law is military and heading for Afghanistan next year. Our Air Force daughter is in Military Itelligence in California with a few more years left on her hitch. We are proud of all of them. The other two...........Son - works on offshore oil rigs and daugher who works for an insurance firm.
Back to top Go down
Bibb
Travel Agent
Travel Agent

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call (Introductions)   Roll Call (Introductions) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 8:43 pm

Carole & John,

Sounds like you have an interesting family. You can probably imagine that I am partial to military families (being retired Air Force).

Karen and I greet troop plans as they pass through here going to and from the war zones. So far, we have met just over 170 planes with about 20,000 troops. We provide coffee, donuts, cookies, soft drinks, books, and free long-distance phone service plus a lot of handshaking and "thank you"s. Being retired, we meet them all regardless of the time of day or night. Maybe we'll get the chance to greet your DIL as she goes over.

We're peanuts compared to Bangor, Maine though; they celebrated greeting their 500,000th troop an few months ago.
Back to top Go down
Carole
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Carole

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2008-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call (Introductions)   Roll Call (Introductions) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 10:44 pm

Thanks Bibb. Mindy and Michael are in Germany so she would go directly to Kuwait, then Afghanistan. We hope to see them at Christmas.
I am proud of all of them.
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call (Introductions)   Roll Call (Introductions) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 11:54 pm

We took our first cruise on Enchantment of the Seas in 1999, and were hooked. We've been on 5 cruises, with #6 coming up next. My wife and I enjoy Princess and RCI the most so far. We are both 44 years old. We've taken our children on two cruises...and they were also hooked! (I was able to get 29 family and friends to cruise with us last time out!)

I'm a career Firefighter/Rescueman, and have worked for the Dept. of Defense (USAF civilian) for 26 years. (4 years active military) I love running into burning buildings (and aircraft) when everyone else is running out! (I'm a bit of a daredevil I guess) Have 2 children, (grown) and one grandaughter. (2)

I love downhill skiing, Jetskiing, cruising, camping, SCUBA diving, and am a HUGE Jimmy Buffett fan (Parrothead). My wife (high school sweetheart, vintage 1982) puts up with my obsessions. I'm obsessive about a few things in life, like cruising, the islands, Buffett, coffee, camping...

We live in the frozen North (ND) and are originally from MN. (but have also lived in CA, and TX). Cruising takes us away from this winter hell!

~My favorite ship was Navigator of the Seas.
~My favorite island is Dominica.
~My favorite cruise itinerary was 15 day Hawaii. (OMG...start and end with 5 wonderful sea days!)
~My favorite cruise line...toss up between Princess & Royal Caribbean. (although Princess seems to want our future business much more than RCI)

Good to meet you all!
Back to top Go down
http://cruise-aritaville.blogspot.com/
Bibb
Travel Agent
Travel Agent

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call (Introductions)   Roll Call (Introductions) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 12:51 am

NDJM,

I hear you on being hooked. We cruised on our 10th anniversary in 1985 and have done 17 since then. One is scheduled to Estonia and St. Petersburg next year. But we like land vacations as well. Europe was wonderful until the dollar crashed so now we head for Hawaii.

We're trying to work out a cruise or tour to Peru. I want to visit Machu Picchu while I'm still able to breathe at high altitudes. Very Happy And Rio would be great also.
Back to top Go down
luvcruising
Carnival Host
Carnival Host
luvcruising

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2007-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call (Introductions)   Roll Call (Introductions) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 3:59 pm

Howdy from Texas!

I'm Cathy from Fort Worth, TX. I'm a home-based TA working on my certification. My first cruise was in 1988 on Carnival's Carnivale to the Bahamas; I hated it!! Swore I'd never take another cruise! My next cruise was on Norwegian in 2005 with my 2nd hubby as part of a group (his 1st cruise) - LOVED it & became addicted!! At 47 I finally figured out what I wanted to do when I grew up!!

We have 4 "kids" together (all in their 20's now) - 3 older ones were his, the youngest was mine. Both of our 1st spouses died on Valentines Day, 1 year apart in 1993 & 1994. I volunteer every other week at the Grief support group for children where we met with our kids. It helps remind me to live each day to the fullest & be thankful!

I love being able to help people find the right cruise for them, especially first time cruisers. It's great to be able to introduce them to Cruising & hopefully they'll be hooked!
Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.luvcruising.com
deleteme
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call (Introductions)   Roll Call (Introductions) Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 12:08 pm

Hi I'm Tammy and I'm a cruise travel agent for Cruisemoms.com ~
I live in North-Central Florida with my husband and 2 children
and look forward to getting to know everyone here! sunny
Back to top Go down
Big Red Robyn
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
Big Red Robyn

Number of posts : 408
Registration date : 2008-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call (Introductions)   Roll Call (Introductions) Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 12:22 pm

Hi Tammy! Welcome We're always happy when another TA joins the board!
Back to top Go down
deleteme
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call (Introductions)   Roll Call (Introductions) Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 12:40 pm

Thanks! {{hugs}} Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Diamond Dave
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Diamond Dave

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2007-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call (Introductions)   Roll Call (Introductions) Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 12:47 pm

Hi CruiseMom! Nice to see our family growing! HappyHappyJoyJoy
Back to top Go down
deleteme
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call (Introductions)   Roll Call (Introductions) Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 12:48 pm

Hey there! It's great meeting everyone! Wink
Back to top Go down
Bibb
Travel Agent
Travel Agent

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call (Introductions)   Roll Call (Introductions) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 10:43 pm

Hi Tammy,

Welcome aboard. I hope you are safe down there with Fay coming through. Please check in after she passes through and let us know how you are.
Back to top Go down
deleteme
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call (Introductions)   Roll Call (Introductions) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 10:12 am

Thanks!

So far we're fine here. Hasn't even started raining yet. I'm not worried ~ Fay is suppossed to be less strong than Charlie was a few years back and we did fine through that. I'll let ya know how it all goes though.Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call (Introductions)   Roll Call (Introductions) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 11:01 am

still, keep us posted and let us know you're alright after the storm passes....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call (Introductions)   Roll Call (Introductions) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Roll Call (Introductions)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next