Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

REDUCED DEPOSIT IS BACK!!

Go down 
+4
Day Tripper
Shelia
The Sophisticated Cat
AmbianceTraveler
8 posters
AuthorMessage
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

Number of posts : 889
Registration date : 2007-09-05

REDUCED DEPOSIT IS BACK!! Empty
PostSubject: REDUCED DEPOSIT IS BACK!!   REDUCED DEPOSIT IS BACK!! Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 10:48 pm

Hello All! I have some very good news! Cunard has revised their sale promotion to include Holiday and short cruises from US ports!

This means that both the Holiday and 4th of July cruise will qualify for reduced deposits and OBC of the levels I previously posted. They have already added the OBC to the bookings that deposited during the sale week following April 17th although they will be keeping the full deposit Rolling Eyes (not surprised)

I am currently working with Cunard to schedule a sale week for the rest of you to book during. (They only allow agencies to have so many sale weeks per quarter and I am already over my allowance.) However, they know how excited this group is and how unfair it would seem to announce this after most of the agency's have had their 2nd quarter sale weeks due to the space release in April. So, my contacts are working to make an exception for ONLY the Dec. 20th & July 1st sailing dates exclusively for Cruise Freek Members.

We will also have the group pricing available for almost all categories the sale week! After this it will depend on what I still have held and available.

This means that you need to start final preparations for booking NOW. This is a wonderful chance to show Cunard just how strong these groups are and that Cruise Freeks means business. They will be tracking the sales and if strong may consider allowing us extra weeks in the future for any new members.

As soon as I know when we can have this sale (trying for the week of June 7th) I will be sending out an email blast through Host Jackie. In the mean time, if you are ready to book please start sending in your forms now. The next opportunity to book with a reduced deposit and significant OBC will not be until the end of July/early August.

Happy planning!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ambiancetc.com

PostSubject: Re: REDUCED DEPOSIT IS BACK!!   REDUCED DEPOSIT IS BACK!! Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 9:18 am

Well Nina, I think that's all the push my family will need! I will have them set and ready to go for sale week!

Thanks for working so hard for us!
Back to top Go down
The Sophisticated Cat
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
The Sophisticated Cat

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2007-09-06

PostSubject: Re: REDUCED DEPOSIT IS BACK!!   REDUCED DEPOSIT IS BACK!! Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 10:54 am

Well, this certainly helps making my case to cruise for holidays. Reduced deposit and over a year to pay for it should help talk my family into it!
Back to top Go down
Shelia
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Shelia

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2008-01-19

PostSubject: Re: REDUCED DEPOSIT IS BACK!!   REDUCED DEPOSIT IS BACK!! Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 2:29 pm

Sad Guess I can always pray from a miracle to happen and that we'll be able to join you.
Back to top Go down
Day Tripper
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2007-08-23

PostSubject: Re: REDUCED DEPOSIT IS BACK!!   REDUCED DEPOSIT IS BACK!! Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 12:05 pm

Ok now I'm lurking and confused. What is the reduced deposit, I mean I understand concept but it is a big discount? And how does it work? Does it mean we can only book through you and not through Cunard then have the booking transfered to you? Sorry, I know these are dumb questions but, I've never been on Cunard and would really like to try the 4th of July sailing. If the deposit is lowered significantly I might be able to talk my better half into it much easier. Also when is final payment for 4th of July?
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

PostSubject: Re: REDUCED DEPOSIT IS BACK!!   REDUCED DEPOSIT IS BACK!! Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 8:20 pm

Day Tripper, these are perfectly reasonable and normal questions and I'm glad you asked Smile

The the deposit is reduced in that the 2nd passenger's fare is waived. For double occupancy this is essentially, 50% off. In order to take advantage of the sale you do need to book directly through me.

If you wish you can book through Cunard and transfer it but you would not be eligible for the reduced deposit or onboard credit. Because I know booking with a new agency can sometime be a little stressful I always provide the Cunard confirmation number on all invoice/confirmations so you can double check directly with Cunard that all is correct at any time.

Final payment is due March 30, 2009 for July.

I do hope that you can talk your better half into joining us, it is going to be a very fun group Smile
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

PostSubject: Re: REDUCED DEPOSIT IS BACK!!   REDUCED DEPOSIT IS BACK!! Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 9:24 pm

It's Here! HappyHappyJoyJoy

The official sale date is the week of June 7, 2008 (that's next Saturday) During that week those who book and deposit will enjoy the following:

*2nd Passenger Deposit Waived

*Onboard Credit PER STATEROOM according to the chart below

July 4th Getaway (July 1st, 2009)

Category Amount*
Grills $150.00
Balcony $100.00
Oceanview/Inside $50.00

Christmas & New Year's (Dec. 20th, 2009)
Category Amount*
Grills $300.00
Balcony $200.00
Oceanview/Inside $100.00

This is in addition to the group amenities!

*Singles will receive the equivalent per person amount

Reminder! You must book and DEPOSIT prior to the end of the sale (that's June 14,2008) to qualify for these extra perks.

To book your cruise please either use the online booking forms found at https://cruisefreekforums.forumotion.com/cunard-f26/

or Print and fax/email the Booking form found at www.ambiancetc.com

You can pre-book by sending in the form prior to the sale week. We will hold on to the form and book your cabin during the sale. For those who are ready to book we ask that you kindly send in your forms early as it will greatly assist us to arrange everyone's booking in a timely manner.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to let me know!
Back to top Go down
Anna Banana
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Anna Banana

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2007-08-13

PostSubject: Re: REDUCED DEPOSIT IS BACK!!   REDUCED DEPOSIT IS BACK!! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 7:55 pm

Just received the email flyer and, I have to admit this reduced deposit offer makes this very tempting. I'm probably going to sound dumb but, I'm actually a little intimidated to sail QM2. I'm afraid I might not fit in. Can I ask the opinion of those who have sailed what have been your experiences you've had with other passengers. Friendly? Standoffish?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: REDUCED DEPOSIT IS BACK!!   REDUCED DEPOSIT IS BACK!! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 9:29 am

Wonderful Nina! Thank you! We might be adding people and I'll let you know later in the week.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: REDUCED DEPOSIT IS BACK!!   REDUCED DEPOSIT IS BACK!! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 9:39 am

Anna Banana wrote:
Just received the email flyer and, I have to admit this reduced deposit offer makes this very tempting. I'm probably going to sound dumb but, I'm actually a little intimidated to sail QM2. I'm afraid I might not fit in. Can I ask the opinion of those who have sailed what have been your experiences you've had with other passengers. Friendly? Standoffish?

Anna, Cunard, in my experience is a bit like the more upscale, mainstream cruise lines such as Celebrity but, just taken up a half a notch or so. You'll have your share of snobs and loud-mouth types but, overall I have found fellow passengers friendly but, unintrusive. Meaning that most fellow passengers are polite but, they won't be in to every aspect of your life and business. You certainly do not have to be a multi-millionaire to sail Cunard if that is your concern! What you may not realize is that Cunard offers a more reserved cruise experience. No hairy chest contests or belly flop contests. It's a more refined experience. Maybe someone else who is a bit more eloquent can answer your question a bit better.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: REDUCED DEPOSIT IS BACK!!   REDUCED DEPOSIT IS BACK!! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 10:03 am

HappyHappyJoyJoy I think we're ready! Can you believe it?!?! I know Nina, proof is in the bookings! I can promise you one thing, this is the worst of it, once my family is booked, they behave!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: REDUCED DEPOSIT IS BACK!!   REDUCED DEPOSIT IS BACK!! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 10:05 am

Notice I didn't say I'd behave Razz
Back to top Go down
Down The Shore Guy
Charter Member
Charter Member
Down The Shore Guy

Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2007-08-12

PostSubject: Re: REDUCED DEPOSIT IS BACK!!   REDUCED DEPOSIT IS BACK!! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 10:07 am

Oh boy Rolling Eyes LOL
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

PostSubject: Re: REDUCED DEPOSIT IS BACK!!   REDUCED DEPOSIT IS BACK!! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 2:11 pm

Anna, you may wish to check out the following thread: https://cruisefreekforums.forumotion.com/cunard-f26/would-a-royal-caribbean-cruiser-like-cunard-t422.htm Other's have had the same question Very Happy As Patrick pointed out it is a more upscale atmosphere but that doesn't mean stuffy! (Do you find all of us on here stuffy?) Sure, some people will have ice on their up turned noses but most people are just like you and me, normal people enjoying a great ocean going experience. Lectures, trivia games, darts in the pub, dance classes, reading on deck with the vast ocean before you. Fun conversations over elegant dinners with new friends. Dressing up and attending formal balls. Not forgetting to mention gliding down the grand staircases in a beautiful gown! (Such a feeling! Like a starlet in a movie:) ) Tea in the Queens room with more new friends and wonderful treats. These are the experiences of Cunard.

Patrick, nice to know you may be bringing friends with you. Can they all dance? Very Happy

Nick, glad to hear this sale worked for you to get the fam settled in. Give me an updated list of cabin needs when you can. I'll take your word for it that they will all behave from here on out. Still have the stools at the bar reserved for Leanna and I though! affraid
Back to top Go down
Edward
Edward

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-02-02

PostSubject: Re: REDUCED DEPOSIT IS BACK!!   REDUCED DEPOSIT IS BACK!! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 4:19 pm

Ok leave it to me to throw the curve ball. How does the reduced deposit work if you have 3 or more sharing the same cabin? Or doesn't it apply?
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

PostSubject: Re: REDUCED DEPOSIT IS BACK!!   REDUCED DEPOSIT IS BACK!! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 5:03 pm

In the case of three or more the first & third/fourth pay the full deposit and the 2nd is waived.
Back to top Go down
Queen of the Seas
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Queen of the Seas

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: REDUCED DEPOSIT IS BACK!!   REDUCED DEPOSIT IS BACK!! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 12:11 pm

Nina, two questions. Is the sale open to Non-USA residents? And, if we miss this one for any reason, will there be another sale week?
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

PostSubject: Re: REDUCED DEPOSIT IS BACK!!   REDUCED DEPOSIT IS BACK!! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 12:41 pm

Q.o.t.S. Yes, if you book into the group then you will qualify for this promotion. If you miss this sale the next one will not be until end of July/early August. I expect our space to be more limited by that point though. Hope it works for you to come!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: REDUCED DEPOSIT IS BACK!!   REDUCED DEPOSIT IS BACK!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

REDUCED DEPOSIT IS BACK!!
Page 1 of 1