Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 9:13 pm

[quote="JJ2sail"]Nothing good playing at our theatres, so I think we are going to go rent a movie.

quote]

Jen..... I joined Netflix a couple weeks back and love it......I'm only doing the one at a time for $8.99 a month, but so far it's great........watch one movie, return it, usually 5 days later have another....perfect for summer when tv STINKS!!!....Also can watch as many as I want on laptop but havent' tried that yet.

j Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 9:26 pm

No hot date here either.................dennis left for Marathon and I made a banana daiquiri.........I have had the same bottle of rum in the house since last year......and suddenly I have a need for it........other day was pineapple.today banana...........no more fruit in the house except grapes.......dont think that would work.......

Netflix is great.......usually so fast getting the next one.........

Patti-think jean knows we are talking about her on CC?? Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 9:29 pm

Patti-see RCCLCarib's last couple of posts?..................weird.. Shocked
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 2666
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 10:44 pm

PH8 wrote:
Patti-see RCCLCarib's last couple of posts?..................weird.. Shocked
hehehe what I have quoted is what got me...........at first you know what I thought..........then you came back with your remark affraid .............and I thought OMG............maybe he's of the alternative life style.
Quote :

Now get this. I called back to update my wife's account since his credits were scattered at 2 different addresses,

Hmmmm, if she caught on that we've been talking about her..........me thinks that she is ignoring us. Razz

Hey Jen...........I guess you caught us!! Shocked

Last edited by cruisenfever on Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 10:45 pm

Patti........i read those posts and thought the same thing!!!

j
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 10:47 pm

cruiseforme wrote:
Patti........i read those posts and thought the same thing!!!

j
Oh good.............then it's not my demented way of thinking. Rolling Eyes We still can't figure out who this person is.
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 12:30 am

I'm not ignoring you! I had to feed the menagerie and get dinner on the table - how domesticated of me!

I've re-discovered fresh garlic. For the last 5 years or so I've been using the crushed garlic in a jar, but while I was on Jet Blue I saw a chef peeling the fresh stuff quite easily - she just whacked the clove with the side of a knife and the paper came right off. So I tried it, using a mallet, and it works like a charm! So it's been like Gilroy around here today, LOL (Gilroy is the home of the Gilroy Garlic festival, where you can sample such offerings as garlic ice cream or chocolate-covered garlic)!

Today's garlic extravaganza included boneless chicken breast (with skin, I'm not an ascetic, after all!) with a paste of olive oil, garlic, rosemary, salt & pepper, accompanied by fingerling potatoes with onions, garlic, S&P and broccoli (steamed with butter, no garlic). mmmmm.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 10:47 am

LOVE garlic........I have seen the Garlic festival on the Travel Channel......they sure do put garlic in everything,dont they??

After I posted what i did, I was thinking maybe RCCL was a guy with a lifestyle choice....that was really strange......after all, how many times do you make a mistake and say my wife did this......I know I dont........never have called Dennis my wife...........I dont know what his story is..........

Wonder what happened to WN/CCC/????? seems she fell off the face of the earth......
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 11:19 am

Morning.............it's a very dreary day here. More rain on the way.

That recipe sounds yummy Jean...........love garlic...........unfortunately it does not love me.

As far as WN..............I'm sure she's around...........just haven't figured out who she is yet.

Have a great day...............
Back to top Go down
Exairgoddess1
Charter Member
Charter Member
Exairgoddess1

Number of posts : 319

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 12:19 pm

Hi All,
I'm back after a week of a wonderful Worship conference. Heard lots of well known Christian artists and our concert went off swimmingly.
When I have time I will post photos. I even got to sing backup for A couple of Christina artists which was a first...and a treat! WE have been "recovering" from the long days on our feet....slept in the last two AMs.

Today we are going up to Tustin for a "cruise reunion" pool party with Ginny Ray and Alan, and Celia (Tinkerme1) and hubby and a few others. Its a
pool party. Ginny likes to do themes and we are doing Hawaiian this time complete with a Pork dinner and Mai Tais....Yum! Haven't had either in a VERY LONG time! We are all wearing Hawaiian as well. Looking forward to it!

Garlic....we love it at this house! Bob was raised in the San Joaquin Valley and so we are quite familiar with Gilroy, the Garlic Capitol.
Jean, thanks for the tip with peeling garlic...have never heard of that and have always painstakingly peeled it off!!! Umph!

Final payment coming up this week for the Radiance Ultimate Alaska....am starting to get excited about that again!

Hope everyone is high and dry.....we have friends living in No. Calif. who are going with us on the Mariner next year who are having a lot of problems from the smoke of the several fires up there....boy, can I relate to that after our fires here last fall!!!

Hugs, Marilyn
Back to top Go down
Exairgoddess1
Charter Member
Charter Member
Exairgoddess1

Number of posts : 319

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 12:23 pm

Almost forgot....for those that know Travelgoddess, Karen, her hubby Pete is in the hospital.
Had been having dizzy spells and low energy...they think it may be an infection of some sort. Please pray for him....thanks

marilyn
Back to top Go down
Murphy

Number of posts : 1644
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 12:55 pm

Happy weekend all!

Sheila, I wished I'd planned to meet you while you are in the greater Chi-town area, but my days off are soo few and far between it seems. Sad At least you've had pretty good weather while you are here! Maybe storms on and off today, but it is BEAUTIFUL right now! Cooling off tomorrow... too cool for me and my pool habits.

Lots of house chore catching up this week. I had to empty out the china cabinet for the painters and I haven't put it back together yet. Nor have I hung any pictures back up! I think I'll wait for the rain to tackle those projects though!

Right now I've got to go clean the pool and then help Ray finish putting new screening back up on the porch. He started it before his trip, but wasn't very good at it so he left it for me to finish! I only got 2 panes put in last weekend and with the cooler weather coming in for a few days, I really need to finish it up!

Girls cruise... wish I were joining you Jean and Jen and Ginny! But I have my own girls cruise in the works for February. One of the 12 girls backed out last week so we actually are looking for a replacement... Anyone for the AOS out of SJU on Feb 8????

Jul, congrats on the future grandbabies! How exciting is that?
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 1:44 pm

Yes we did arrive safe and sound!

Had a fantastic dinner at Salt Rock Grill if you ever have the opportunity to spend time in Indian Shores be sure to try it you will not regret it.

Weather here is very nice, sun is shining.

Not doing anything, Jill and I caught up on some gossip this morning and at the moment John is watching a movie and I was crocheting. AH vacation isnt' it wonderful?

As far as the WN is concerned. I wouldn't be surprised if she saw the post where Chris mentioned that we saw that she was
on-line and has stayed away at least under that id.

d
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 2:33 pm

Exairgoddessl wrote:
Almost forgot....for those that know Travelgoddess, Karen, her hubby Pete is in the hospital.
Had been having dizzy spells and low energy...they think it may be an infection of some sort. Please pray for him....thanks

marilyn
Mar, if you talk with Karen, please tell her that Jim and I will keep Pete in our thoughts and prayers.
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 2:34 pm

Mar.............we'll keep Pete in our prayers on this end.......

j Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 4:53 pm

Good Afternoon All. Susan we're still here til next Monday.

Mar all our best going out to Pete and Karen. Please give Ginny Rae a big hug for me and tell her I look for her in church every Sunday.

Di, you and John have a great time with Jill and Dave and relax.

I've been looking for WN and I'm not convinced she's anywhere. I think she was deep sixed. I'm going to check her girl friend's site.

Things are ok here. Bob took the kids to O'Hare last night so we're on our own now. affraid

This child doesn't eat hardly anything and she was up at 5.30am and just fussed about napping before falling asleep 5 mins ago. Sleep Which is what I'm about to do Sleep

Can't wait for Ken and Nancy to arrive tomorrow. I need some moral support.

Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2007-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 5:55 pm

Hello all, just finished with wedding #2, so glad to have all that behind me and now can look forward to a trip to Chicago tomorrow. My feet hurt but other then that, the weddings went off without problems.

Sheila, sounds like the little one is a real early bird. We will offer all the support we can but not sure we are much help.

Mar--say hi to Ginny for us.

D-- glad to hear you are safely in our neighborhood even tho we are not there right now. Enjoy yourself.

Later, Nancy
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 6:06 pm

The carpet guy is pounding in the tacking strips, so we should have a fully carpeted gym before too much longer, yay! You'd never know that the cats had been in there destroying the place. Now I'm trying to think of a way to get them a larger outdoor enclosure - they have access to a fully-enclosed side yard, but they don't do any business out there, preferring our rugs and bathroom floors, litter boogers!

Marilyn, have fun today! I just got off the phone with Celia a little while ago. Nancy, glad your feet are the only casualties of the day - a soak in water with a little peppermint oil and a sprig of rosemary will help perk them right back up.

Sheila, sorry for the disruption of your sleep pattern - hope you get some rest over the rest of the weekend!

Susan, don't tempt me - I'm already on two cruises without Don the rest of this year and two next year. Although I've encouraged him to go with his friends, he just can't get them interested.

Jen, I'm booking tomorrow - I figured there was no point in paying before I had to, now was there?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 7:10 pm

Hi all........

Dont know them but prayers for Pete,Marilyn.

Sounds like a nice restful vacation Diane..nice change of pace from cruising.....

Sheila------I checked that other site the other day and she last posted June 19th...she is not even posting on her Opinion site........

Went shopping today..had a $10 off coupon for Bealls,but couldnt find anything(clothing wise)I liked....wound up buying 2 place setting of FiestaWare.....always wanted it and it was 50% plus the $10 off..........figured I'll buy it a little at a time.........got a yellow set and bright green one to start........

Heavens opened up big time while I was just starting to pump my gas($55!)Our grass is growing so fast with all this rain..
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 8:16 pm

Our thunderstorms have left for the moment. Had a real gully washer come down just as Jim was ready to leave for the church festival. Had about an inch in 45 minutes.

OK, got a question...............was looking on the RCI site for cruises for the beginning of 2010. Never hurts to look!! When did they announce that Vision was going to be doing SA in 2010? That means that RCI will have 3 ships down there. affraid Vision is only doing maybe 6 sailings (sorry didn't count them) and all the ports are Brazilian. Radiance and Splendour doing more with Radiance doing east to west or vice versa and Splendour staying on the eastern side.

I must have missed that completely.

Looks like WN really has disappeared.....................and I do so miss her daily reports! Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 8:23 pm

I hadnt noticed cuz I hadnt looked at 2010 yet,but it sure is weird...............its gonna do 3 and 4 nighters in between its 7 nighters..........HEY~~ We gonna have a whole bunch more DPers?? Im sure they will be taking those short cruises to rack up the credits... Laughing

Haha------I keep saying that ONLY cuz you dont know how many times I have been accused of that myself...
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 8:45 pm

Jean - I think one or more of our rescue cats must be related to yours! What a Face Sounds like everything is coming along nicely.

Well, if I lived only 10 minutes to San Pedro, I would certainly have taken many more cruises. Since I was born and lived most of my life in California, still waiting for CA to fall into the ocean, and then we'd have oceanfront property and a PORT here! j/k...that was always being tossed around because of the earthquakes. After all the devastation due to flooding, hurricanes & tornadoes...I still say I'd take an earthquake anyday.

As for WN, maybe somebody (L) wised up and did boot her. I agree with Patti, though, she'll probably show up with a new name. Still looking around LittleDevil

D & J - Glad you're able to spend time together and relaxing.

Shorty - Sorry, not much relaxation for you, but I know you love spending time with the little one.
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 9:12 pm

We have had over 6" of rain today......my warehouse had tons of water in it but nothing like the 36,000sf whs of David's had 3" of water throughout......Took the guys about 5 hours to get water out.....ICK.........Now if it would just NOT rain tonight.....that would be a goood thing....

Maybe just maybe WN is sooo embarrassed Razz that she's hiding until everyone forgets.....NOT LIKELY

j Smile
Back to top Go down
Murphy

Number of posts : 1644
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 10:47 pm

Jul, how awful! I am send warm, dry wishes your way!
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 10:56 pm

Thanks Murph!.......Hoping for a dry Sunday so the gkids can play on "banzai falls" the outdoor water slide.......and I'll just lay in the sun and soak it up!!!

Kathy......got gas today too, waited til I was at my last 24 miles and it was EIGHTY FIVE BUCKS........YIKES.......Heck, even the mustang is over $60 to fill any more.....jeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzz (luckily tho my Conoco card gives me a 4% rebate so that adds up pretty good)

j Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 39 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board :: Cruise Line Specific Boards :: Royal Caribbean :: Royal Caribbean All Aboard! (Roll Call) :: 2007-
Jump to: