Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hello from QM2! - Memorial Day Getaway

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Vic_the_Parrot
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Vic_the_Parrot

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2008-05-10

Hello from QM2! - Memorial Day Getaway Empty
PostSubject: Hello from QM2! - Memorial Day Getaway   Hello from QM2! - Memorial Day Getaway Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 4:09 am

Hi gang!

Just wanted to drop everyone a line that all is going well onboard.

Caught up with Jo, and her DH on sailing day - 22 May (well, sailing day for me ... ) It's a pretty good crowd on board. An interesting mix of pax, fer shuur. Hello from QM2! - Memorial Day Getaway Blink

Missed the official CC* get together due to my own fault. Forgot to advance my clock, but I'm sure I'll catch up with everyone else.

Right now, we're getting close to Halifax. The air is nippy, and you can see the sun slightly making it's appearance on the distant horizon. (Wish my camera could capture a moment like this!)

Spectacular sailaway from NY ... we were treated to a fireworks display for the 125th anniversary of the Brooklyn Bridge. Left port around 2130, and we were still the best show in town! Hello from QM2! - Memorial Day Getaway Roses

Hope everyone is enjoying thier weekend ... I'll drop by with more info later.

vic

Hi gang!

Caught up with Jo, and her DH on sailing day - 22 May (well, sailing day for me ... ) It's a pretty good crowd on board. An interesting mix of pax, fer shuur. Hello from QM2! - Memorial Day Getaway Blink

Missed the official CC* get together due to my own fault. Forgot to advance my clock, but I'm sure I'll catch up with everyone else.

Right now, we're getting close to Halifax. The air is nippy, and you can see the sun slightly making it's appearance on the distant horizon. (Wish my camera could capture a moment like this!)

Spectacular sailaway from NY ... we were treated to a fireworks display for the 125th anniversary of the Brooklyn Bridge. Left port around 2130, and we were still the best show in town! Hello from QM2! - Memorial Day Getaway Roses

vic

Hi gang!

vic

cheers
Back to top Go down
Vic_the_Parrot
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Vic_the_Parrot

PostSubject: Re: Hello from QM2! - Memorial Day Getaway   Hello from QM2! - Memorial Day Getaway Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 4:12 am

Sorry ...

Don't know what happened. Guess the "Control-C" isn't working on this PC, therefore the double post.

I'll be back after Halifax.

Everyone, enjoy your weekend!

-hugs- I love you
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

Number of posts : 889
Registration date : 2007-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Hello from QM2! - Memorial Day Getaway   Hello from QM2! - Memorial Day Getaway Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 10:43 am

Keep posting Vic! Looking forward to hearing about your trip. Sounds like you are having a fun time onboard already though Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.ambiancetc.com
Vic_the_Parrot
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Vic_the_Parrot

PostSubject: Re: Hello from QM2! - Memorial Day Getaway   Hello from QM2! - Memorial Day Getaway Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 4:14 am

Cool day in Halifax yesterday (literally) ...

Temp of 55-58F

But, some sun, and lots to see in this historic town.
Our sailaway was very touching, and heartfelt.
Bagpipes serenading us before we left ... much better than that loud, annoying Caribbean band. (No ... not VIBZ - MUCH WORSE :rolleyes: )

I'll drop a line after we hit Boston ... supposed to be a great day weatherwise! :-)
Back to top Go down
Life from the Porthole
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Life from the Porthole

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Hello from QM2! - Memorial Day Getaway   Hello from QM2! - Memorial Day Getaway Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 9:54 am

Hope you're having a fabulous time!
Back to top Go down
Vic_the_Parrot
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Vic_the_Parrot

PostSubject: Greetings from Beantown! :-)   Hello from QM2! - Memorial Day Getaway Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 4:44 am

Found Quincy Mkt, and it's literary a feast for all senses!
Boston is great ... such a charming town with plenty of personality.
I made a few walking tours (self-guided) and found lots to see.
Scoped out many sites that I'll be visiting next year (with Betsy and Mark, in tow, of course! Laughing )
The natives are very friendly, and it's definitely a city worth exploring on your own by foot. Lost count of how many "B" baseball caps I've noticed ... and I was wearing one of them! affraid

Things are going well on board. Some service issues in G32, but they were squared away.

Our restaurant crew is great ... since I'm seated at an officers table, the atmosphere is very relaxed, and dinner goes into at least 3 hrs. (I should try to get onto that list again!)

Hope everyone is well, and I'll be finishing up tomorrow night before we hit New York.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello from QM2! - Memorial Day Getaway   Hello from QM2! - Memorial Day Getaway Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 9:17 am

Sounds like a great time Vic and, this is an excellent preview for those of us who are or will be booking the 4th of July cruise in 2009 which has a similar itinerary.
Back to top Go down
Vic_the_Parrot
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Vic_the_Parrot

PostSubject: Re: Hello from QM2! - Memorial Day Getaway   Hello from QM2! - Memorial Day Getaway Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 4:17 am

Parting is such sweet sorrow ... Sad

We're off the coast of Long Island now (3am) , and the Montauk lighthouse can be seen in the distance. Very windy outside, and the outside decks are closed.
Supposed to be around 80deg today, but doesn't really feel like it!
Slight swell with plenty of whitecaps. There is SOME MOVEMENT! ... FINALLY!!!
The wake from Halifax to Boston was impressive. Think it was 20 knots that night.
But all day, and since leaving Boston, the speed has been lame. It feels like I'm sitting on a piece of driftwood, just bobbing about. :rolleyes:
It's been a great getaway, and really have no complaints.
I'll post more tidbits after I get home tonite.

Hope everyone is well, and see ya soon! Smile
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

Number of posts : 889
Registration date : 2007-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Hello from QM2! - Memorial Day Getaway   Hello from QM2! - Memorial Day Getaway Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 12:49 pm

Looking forward to the full report Vic!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ambiancetc.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from QM2! - Memorial Day Getaway   Hello from QM2! - Memorial Day Getaway Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from QM2! - Memorial Day Getaway
Page 1 of 1