Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Half Moon Cay....

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mytee4ever
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Half Moon Cay.... Empty
PostSubject: Half Moon Cay....   Half Moon Cay.... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 5:18 pm

We are going on an extended family/multi-generational cruise in August. Should we look into the Grand Cabana....the one that holds up to 25 people? Is it worth the money & how much would that be?

Towanda
Back to top Go down
luvcruising
Carnival Host
Carnival Host
luvcruising

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2007-08-16

Half Moon Cay.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Half Moon Cay....   Half Moon Cay.... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 12:14 pm

I've been to Half Moon Cay - a beautiful beach - just one time, but I remember that there were very few areas where a group that size could "meet". I remember seeing the smaller cabanas & thought that would've been nice. I checked online at Carnival & read about the Private Oasis. It sounds great, the starting price is $$$$, which means $150+, & that's for 5 hours & 10 guests. I don't know the price, but here's what it says online: "The base rate is applicable for up to 10 guests. Only one guest need purchase the reservation for the 10 guests. For groups with more than 10 guests, an 'extra person surcharge' for the Private Oasis at Half Moon Cay must be purchased for each additional person from 11-25 guests."

I'm not sure if that helps!

Cathy
Back to top Go down
http://www.luvcruising.com
mytee4ever
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Half Moon Cay.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Half Moon Cay....   Half Moon Cay.... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 6:59 pm

Thanks Cathy. I have read on another forum that the Private Oasis is $1200! I don't think we can afford that one!! I guess I can hope for 2 cabanas next to each other. I'm sure the kids will be going back & forth from the water anyway. I will chat with the family & see what they want to do.

Towanda
Back to top Go down
Flotsam

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-05-01

Half Moon Cay.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Half Moon Cay....   Half Moon Cay.... Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 4:28 pm

most of the time these huts are only big enough for a table and 4 chairs. It has an airconditioner. and you get your food delivered instead of lining up for it. They will bring drinks, but you pay for those.
most people do not really use the hut, they are outside, si I would suggest looking at photos of the area, see where it looks like a lot of shade. Try to be early off the ship, and head for a shady spot.
Back to top Go down
duke214
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-12-21

Half Moon Cay.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Half Moon Cay....   Half Moon Cay.... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2008 7:17 pm

Very beautiful beach Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Half Moon Cay.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Half Moon Cay....   Half Moon Cay.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Half Moon Cay....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board :: Ports of Call :: Caribbean :: Caribbean - Eastern-
Jump to: