Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Going aft for the first time!

Go down 
+4
Spock's Beard
mytee4ever
Dr Donna
txwildflower2002
8 posters
AuthorMessage
txwildflower2002
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
txwildflower2002

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2007-08-14

Going aft for the first time! Empty
PostSubject: Going aft for the first time!   Going aft for the first time! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 7:01 pm

Yea! We are going to the Mexican Rivera in May on the CCL Pride! Managed to get an aft on the panarama deck. Any ideas are suggestions for ports would be great (and cruising in an aft balcony). Can hardley wait! flower
Back to top Go down
Dr Donna
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2007-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Going aft for the first time!   Going aft for the first time! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 9:11 pm

OH!!! I'm jealous!! I haven't done the Mexican Riveria yet but Puerto Vallarta is one of my must see places!
Back to top Go down
txwildflower2002
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
txwildflower2002

PostSubject: Re: Going aft for the first time!   Going aft for the first time! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 2:38 pm

Okay, it's getting closer! I have one jealous person and still no idea what an aft cabin will be like! Never been to these ports either. Please help! Thanks!
Back to top Go down
mytee4ever
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2007-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Going aft for the first time!   Going aft for the first time! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 10:58 pm

I've only been to Cabo & had an oceanview on the Elation. Can't offer much help on the cabin. I did enjoy Cabo & loved the glass factory. Some really beautiful work there.

Towanda

PS
Have an awesome trip!!
Back to top Go down
txwildflower2002
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
txwildflower2002

PostSubject: Re: Going aft for the first time!   Going aft for the first time! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 8:24 pm

Okay, not going aft! Swithed to a 8I with huge balcony. Sweet! I am really getting pumped up and starting to gather things together. Can't wait to get away!
Back to top Go down
Spock's Beard
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Spock's Beard

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Going aft for the first time!   Going aft for the first time! Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 9:01 pm

My first aft was on the Pride. We were upgraded to deck 7 from deck 5, and since have realized we like deck 4 the best.

Did the Mexican Riviera in the early 90's. It was nice for the change, but we prefer the Caribbean. Back then, airfare was "included".
Back to top Go down
MerryMeetingTravel
Host
Host

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Going aft for the first time!   Going aft for the first time! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 8:45 am

I have had a couple of aft cabins... I decided last November, unless it is a corner with extended balcony... I didn't care, lol...

I had an aft on The Freedom of the Seas, Crown Princess and the Carnival Legend... the only one that was GREAT was the Freedom.

Doing the Mex. Riv November 09, looking forward to something different, although I just love the Caribbean.

D
Back to top Go down
http://www.MerryMeetingTravel.com
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Going aft for the first time!   Going aft for the first time! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 9:43 am

We did the Panama Canal Transit in the center aft cabin. It was perfect.

d
Back to top Go down
RKlein
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
RKlein

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2008-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Going aft for the first time!   Going aft for the first time! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 10:58 pm

We did our first cruise on Carnival out of Miami. We were probably 2 or 3 cabins from the front of the ship and in a storm we went way up and way down on the waves. Kind of fun if you like that sort of thing. Woke up to beautiful seas.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Going aft for the first time!   Going aft for the first time! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 12:03 am

i was very aft on celebrity millenium in a storm. one night i was bounced right out of bed. but since i still rock myself to sleep at 52 years old and much to the chagrin of my husband, i loved it.
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Going aft for the first time!   Going aft for the first time! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 12:20 am

We had an aft corner on Navigator of the Seas. Wayyyyyyyy cool.
You could fit about a dozen people on the balcony. If you have room...invite some people over and have cocktails out there. Looking out over the wake...day or night is something special. Enjoy it!
Back to top Go down
http://cruise-aritaville.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Going aft for the first time!   Going aft for the first time! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 2:12 am

Dr Donna wrote:
OH!!! I'm jealous!! I haven't done the Mexican Riveria yet but Puerto Vallarta is one of my must see places!

We went on the Pride to the Riviera a few years ago, and loved Puerto Vallarta so much, we just spent 10 days there is October. I love it there so much I plan on going back again this year. Definitely my favorite place in Mexico.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Going aft for the first time!   Going aft for the first time! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 2:12 am

txwildflower2002 wrote:
Yea! We are going to the Mexican Rivera in May on the CCL Pride! Managed to get an aft on the panarama deck. Any ideas are suggestions for ports would be great (and cruising in an aft balcony). Can hardley wait! flower

Once you go aft, you'll never go back. We cruised on the Pride a few years ago, and really loved it. I think it is my favorite carnival ship. Definitely more understated than most Carnival ships, which is a good thing. lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Going aft for the first time!   Going aft for the first time! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Going aft for the first time!
Page 1 of 1