Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

July 4th Pre-Cruise Hotels, Dining

Go down 
+4
Nancy R
Lady Jane
Leanna N
AmbianceTraveler
8 posters
AuthorMessage
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

Number of posts : 889
Registration date : 2007-09-05

July 4th Pre-Cruise Hotels, Dining Empty
PostSubject: July 4th Pre-Cruise Hotels, Dining   July 4th Pre-Cruise Hotels, Dining Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 5:01 pm

Eddie beat me to the activities poll so I have revised this thread!.....

We need to play a little catch up to the Christmas cruise here. I thought I would start a general discussion thread before posting specific polls. What does every one think about the following...

Would you be interested in staying at the same hotels as the Christmas group? (Library & Casablanca) Or would you like a different experience?

For those interested in dinner and a show.....Rosie O'Gradys is winning the polls hands down for Christmas. Maybe a different venue for July? What's a fun place to eat in the summer? What shows should still be playing? Either that or lets just go for type for now...Comedy, Drama etc.

I've posted a Cabin Pre-Selection poll in the Sticky section, please let me know what cabin you are thinking of for this one.

Let the fun begin Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.ambiancetc.com
Leanna N
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Leanna N

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2008-01-30

PostSubject: Re: July 4th Pre-Cruise Hotels, Dining   July 4th Pre-Cruise Hotels, Dining Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 5:19 pm

My very first thought is Bryant Park Grill it's right behind the public library, they offer both indoor and outdoor dining, it's very central and the food is pretty good, but, it's pricier than places such as Rosie O'Gradys but the setting is wonderful!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: July 4th Pre-Cruise Hotels, Dining   July 4th Pre-Cruise Hotels, Dining Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 5:28 pm

Here again Lee? Wink Ok, here's my suggestion and one of our favorite places BUT, it depends on everyone's budget: The Water Club

Great food, excellent views but pricey...
Back to top Go down
Lady Jane
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2007-08-20

PostSubject: Re: July 4th Pre-Cruise Hotels, Dining   July 4th Pre-Cruise Hotels, Dining Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 5:52 pm

Maybe something in Little Italy? But, I'm not sure any of the restaurants down there can handle groups.
Back to top Go down
Nancy R
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2007-08-27

PostSubject: Re: July 4th Pre-Cruise Hotels, Dining   July 4th Pre-Cruise Hotels, Dining Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 6:00 pm

Lady Jane wrote:
Maybe something in Little Italy? But, I'm not sure any of the restaurants down there can handle groups.

Hi just lurking and reading but, I do believe Umberto's handle groups:

http://www.umbertosclamhouse.com
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: July 4th Pre-Cruise Hotels, Dining   July 4th Pre-Cruise Hotels, Dining Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 12:55 pm

You guys are making me hungry!!! My suggestions are:

Asian - Shun Lee West
Italian - Il Mulino
Turkish - Dervish
Steakhouse - Bobby Van's Steakhouse
Seafood - City Lobster & Crab Company
Russian - Firebird

That's all I can think of off the top of my head but I'm sure others will add to this list and Nick & Leanna's suggestions
Back to top Go down
Cunard Cruiser
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2007-09-01

PostSubject: Re: July 4th Pre-Cruise Hotels, Dining   July 4th Pre-Cruise Hotels, Dining Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 1:00 pm

Firebird is excellent and would put us close to the theaters
Back to top Go down
Eddie's Wife
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Eddie's Wife

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-02-12

PostSubject: Re: July 4th Pre-Cruise Hotels, Dining   July 4th Pre-Cruise Hotels, Dining Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 3:01 pm

I'll add Becco's to the growing list
Back to top Go down
MichaelCT
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
MichaelCT

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-01-10

PostSubject: Re: July 4th Pre-Cruise Hotels, Dining   July 4th Pre-Cruise Hotels, Dining Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 4:07 pm

Nick Needs To Know wrote:
Here again Lee? Wink Ok, here's my suggestion and one of our favorite places BUT, it depends on everyone's budget: The Water Club

Great food, excellent views but pricey...

Excellent choice Nick!
Back to top Go down
MerryMeetingTravel
Host
Host

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: July 4th Pre-Cruise Hotels, Dining   July 4th Pre-Cruise Hotels, Dining Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 1:46 pm

We love Tonys DiNapoli
Back to top Go down
http://www.MerryMeetingTravel.com

PostSubject: Re: July 4th Pre-Cruise Hotels, Dining   July 4th Pre-Cruise Hotels, Dining Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 1:51 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: July 4th Pre-Cruise Hotels, Dining   July 4th Pre-Cruise Hotels, Dining Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 1:56 pm

Back to top Go down
MerryMeetingTravel
Host
Host

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: July 4th Pre-Cruise Hotels, Dining   July 4th Pre-Cruise Hotels, Dining Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 2:29 pm

Curvy Gal Cruises wrote:
MerryMeetingTravel wrote:
We love Tonys DiNapoli

Nick's review of Tony DiNapoli's Very Happy
[url=https://cruisefreekforums.forumotion.com/holiday-cruise-on-explorer-of-the-seas-f175/tony-di-napoli-s-nick-s-review-for-christmas-2010-t1951.htm#30311
https://cruisefreekforums.forumotion.com/holiday-cruise-on-explorer-of-the-seas-f175/tony-di-napoli-s-nick-s-review-for-christmas-2010-t1951.htm#30311[/quote[/url]]

LOL... yes it is noisy, but we liked it... we loved the family atmosphere and the waiter we had was fabulous both times we went.
Back to top Go down
http://www.MerryMeetingTravel.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: July 4th Pre-Cruise Hotels, Dining   July 4th Pre-Cruise Hotels, Dining Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

July 4th Pre-Cruise Hotels, Dining
Page 1 of 1