Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radio City

Go down 
+2
JeanMarie
Andy The Sailor Man
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Andy The Sailor Man
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
Andy The Sailor Man

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2007-08-29

Radio City Empty
PostSubject: Radio City   Radio City Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 11:21 am

For those who are planning on the QM2 Christmas Cruise and are going to join the pre-cruise dinner and Radio City, I called to get some information and here's what I can share so far:

• We need a minimum of 25 people to be eligible for a group rate, however, this includes children.
  • We need to be ready to place the order way in advance, usually in June tickets go on sale
  • Our Group Leader (I'm assuming Nina) will need the following information: Event, Date, Time, Number of Tickets, Ticket Price, Group Leader Name and Contact Information
  • All Sales Are Final, No Refunds
So given this preliminary information, it's probably time to start discussing seat location, times, and how we're going to take care of the transaction. My first thought is that perhaps we can set up a PayPal system for Radio City and if we need to prepay dinner or put down some type of deposit, we could do it all at once via PayPal (to Nina).

What does everyone think?
Back to top Go down
JeanMarie
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
JeanMarie

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2007-09-23

Radio City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radio City   Radio City Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 11:40 am

Thanks for all this great information Andy! I have no problem with PayPal, I think it's a good way to get Nina the money safely unless she'd rather receive checks and money orders through snail mail. Or perhaps she could set it up to receive both snail mail and PayPal since not everyone may have or feel comfortable with PayPal.
Back to top Go down
NYC PD
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
NYC PD

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Radio City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radio City   Radio City Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 11:55 am

I have no problem with PayPal.

As far Radio City, it is indeed huge but, the good news is that even in the cheap, nose-bleed seats the views are fantastic. Pricing, like any other theater depends on your seat location.

During the Christmas Spectacular the first few rows are reserved for what is known as VIP seating. VIP seating includes some special extras like popcorn and soda during the performance, however, it's much more expensive.

Personally, I think it might be kind of nice and special to go for the VIP tickets just to make it the event that much more memorable. However, I'll certainly conform to the wishes of the group.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kingofqueens71

Radio City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radio City   Radio City Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 12:05 pm

LOL You're not excited, are you Andy??

I have a left question. Say some of us have friends or family who won't be cruising with us but, would like to go to the show and dinner, can we open the invitation to them as well or will this strictly be for those of us who are cruising?
Back to top Go down
Andy The Sailor Man
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
Andy The Sailor Man

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2007-08-29

Radio City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radio City   Radio City Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 12:10 pm

Just a bit excited Wink
Back to top Go down
Down The Shore Guy
Charter Member
Charter Member
Down The Shore Guy

Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2007-08-12

Radio City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radio City   Radio City Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 12:59 pm

I'd actually rather snail mail my payment, I've had some problems with PayPal in the past.
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

Number of posts : 889
Registration date : 2007-09-05

Radio City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radio City   Radio City Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 1:09 pm

Wow, you all have been busy this morning! That is great info Andy thanks for doing the research on that.

Marina, unless the group decides otherwise I don't see a problem with including family/friends in the dinner & show or if they are coming from outside of NYC the hotel night. Altough, if space becomes an issue the group members would have priority. I know my parents are still trying to decide if they want to cruise or not (my mom has this phobia of water but she is also having a hard time processing NOT having her grandkids with her on Christmas!) So, they might come to NY to spend the weekend with us and then go home after we take off.
if the hotel the group is staying at is full or likely to be filled by the group, they will stay at one nearby.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ambiancetc.com
Down The Shore Guy
Charter Member
Charter Member
Down The Shore Guy

Radio City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radio City   Radio City Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 1:13 pm

As far as dinner, are we going with the Heartland Brewery? If so, I'd be happy to call and get the group information from them as well. Let me know
Back to top Go down
Down The Shore Guy
Charter Member
Charter Member
Down The Shore Guy

Radio City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radio City   Radio City Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 1:16 pm

AmbianceTraveler wrote:
Wow, you all have been busy this morning! That is great info Andy thanks for doing the research on that.

Marina, unless the group decides otherwise I don't see a problem with including family/friends in the dinner & show or if they are coming from outside of NYC the hotel night. Altough, if space becomes an issue the group members would have priority. I know my parents are still trying to decide if they want to cruise or not (my mom has this phobia of water but she is also having a hard time processing NOT having her grandkids with her on Christmas!) So, they might come to NY to spend the weekend with us and then go home after we take off.
if the hotel the group is staying at is full or likely to be filled by the group, they will stay at one nearby.

Nina, you should remind your Mom that QM2 is huge and it handles rough water well. Additionally, she could take an inside cabin and, it's a great chance to experience a wonderful ship with her family.
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

Radio City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radio City   Radio City Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 1:17 pm

I'm not sure the group has decided on where to do dinner yet although there have been several suggestions. Get the information if you would please. I will start a poll so if you could post it in that thread it would be very helpful.
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

Radio City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radio City   Radio City Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 1:20 pm

That's what I keep telling her Eddie. Then she watches Poseidon for the 15th time!
She has another thing for watching movies about sinking ships but claims it has nothing to do with her phobia! scratch
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

Radio City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radio City   Radio City Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 2:57 pm

I can easily set up a paypal account for those who wish to use it but could also take payments by mail.
Back to top Go down

Radio City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radio City   Radio City Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 3:01 pm

Hellooooooo,

I see you've all been busy, glad I signed on to see what's up. I'd LOVE to go to Radio City and PayPal works for me! Going to go see the polls and vote

Patrick
Back to top Go down
Down The Shore Guy
Charter Member
Charter Member
Down The Shore Guy

Radio City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radio City   Radio City Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 6:19 pm

AmbianceTraveler wrote:
I'm not sure the group has decided on where to do dinner yet although there have been several suggestions. Get the information if you would please. I will start a poll so if you could post it in that thread it would be very helpful.

Will do!
Back to top Go down
BedrockBoaters
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
BedrockBoaters

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2007-08-14

Radio City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radio City   Radio City Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 12:20 pm

You guys have been busy!
Back to top Go down