Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2009 & 2010 Group Updates

Go down 
+13
Diamond Dave
Andy The Sailor Man
Cunard Cruiser
JeanMarie
Westchester Cruiser
Queen of the Seas
Ajani
Down The Shore Guy
Green Irish Eyes
Dee
Loves 2 Cruise
Murray S
AmbianceTraveler
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
JeanMarie
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
JeanMarie

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2007-09-23

2009 & 2010 Group Updates - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2009 & 2010 Group Updates   2009 & 2010 Group Updates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 1:17 pm

Both those menus look great and, I agree Nina, I'd rather have a casual dining experience, this is a time to relax and socialize, we'll be dressing every night during the cruise plus, many are traveling either that day or day before and dressing up isn't going to be high on the priority list.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2009 & 2010 Group Updates   2009 & 2010 Group Updates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 5:55 pm

Another vote for keeping things casual. I checked both menus and I like what I see - either would be fine with me
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Hey Nina...   2009 & 2010 Group Updates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 5:59 pm

Nina,

I was just looking through your website and, I found your Travel Channel page but, when I clicked the link to go to your blog at travelpod, I couldn't connect. Maybe it's just my computer or something on my end but, I wanted to bring your attention to it.

Derek
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

Number of posts : 889
Registration date : 2007-09-05

PostSubject: Re: 2009 & 2010 Group Updates   2009 & 2010 Group Updates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 6:24 pm

Thanks for bringing that to my attention, it is fixed Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.ambiancetc.com
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

PostSubject: Re: 2009 & 2010 Group Updates   2009 & 2010 Group Updates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 6:44 pm

*****ANNOUNCEMENT*****

Cunard has issued an update on the Queen Elizabeth. It looks like we are looking at a Fall Inaugural in 2010...

A new 92,000-ton liner, to be named ‘Queen Elizabeth’ has been ordered and is scheduled to enter service in the autumn of 2010. We have signed an agreement with Italian shipbuilder Fincantieri for the contruction of the new 2092-passenger ocean liner, which will be built at their Monfalcone yard at an all-in cost of approximately €500 million. The vessel will be the second largest Cunarder ever built.
Queen Elizabeth will offer the very best of Cunard's values and traditions, blended with every conceivable modern luxury that you, our guests, expect. Through her opulent public rooms and impeccable service, the new ship will reflect the grandeur which has been associated with Cunard ships since the introduction of the Mauretania in 1907; and from the outside, her black hull, gleaming white superstructure and distinctive red funnel will echo the classic characteristics of the company's distinctive liner heritage. Queen Elizabeth will fly the Red Ensign with her home-port Southampton, as is the case with the other ships in the Cunard fleet.

This was taken from Cunard's Website here: http://www.cunard.co.uk/queenelizabeth/

You can sign up for updates (and I'm sure every mailing they have!) there too. It will be interesting to see what they choose for the maiden voyage.
Back to top Go down
Cunard Cruiser
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2007-09-01

PostSubject: Re: 2009 & 2010 Group Updates   2009 & 2010 Group Updates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 12:44 pm

AmbianceTraveler wrote:
*****ANNOUNCEMENT*****

Cunard has issued an update on the Queen Elizabeth. It looks like we are looking at a Fall Inaugural in 2010...

A new 92,000-ton liner, to be named ‘Queen Elizabeth’ has been ordered and is scheduled to enter service in the autumn of 2010. We have signed an agreement with Italian shipbuilder Fincantieri for the contruction of the new 2092-passenger ocean liner, which will be built at their Monfalcone yard at an all-in cost of approximately €500 million. The vessel will be the second largest Cunarder ever built.
Queen Elizabeth will offer the very best of Cunard's values and traditions, blended with every conceivable modern luxury that you, our guests, expect. Through her opulent public rooms and impeccable service, the new ship will reflect the grandeur which has been associated with Cunard ships since the introduction of the Mauretania in 1907; and from the outside, her black hull, gleaming white superstructure and distinctive red funnel will echo the classic characteristics of the company's distinctive liner heritage. Queen Elizabeth will fly the Red Ensign with her home-port Southampton, as is the case with the other ships in the Cunard fleet.

This was taken from Cunard's Website here: http://www.cunard.co.uk/queenelizabeth/

You can sign up for updates (and I'm sure every mailing they have!) there too. It will be interesting to see what they choose for the maiden voyage.

Ok Nina, leaving Fall of 2010 wide open, can't wait!!! Anyone for group air and pre-cruise stay in London? I have to assume the inaugural will be out of Southampton...
Back to top Go down
Down The Shore Guy
Charter Member
Charter Member
Down The Shore Guy

Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2007-08-12

PostSubject: Re: 2009 & 2010 Group Updates   2009 & 2010 Group Updates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 1:24 pm

Will also be keeping our schedule open for the fall of 2010. Nina, what can we expect on an inaugural?
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

PostSubject: Re: 2009 & 2010 Group Updates   2009 & 2010 Group Updates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 3:31 pm

Shore Guy,

Based on what they did with QV, we can look forward to a terrific send off, special gifts, a gala dinner and ball and special welcomes in nearly each port of call. We should know more as the time gets closer.

Although, I didn't go on the inaugural sailing of the QV just being onboard beforehand was so exciting and a much different feel than a typical cruise. Yes, there were a few bugs that had to be worked out ,especially in the Lido but that is to be expected on an inaugural. I think they are learning though as from what I hear, the difference between the QM2 & QV inaugurals were like night and day.

Look forward to a very special feel that comes from being amoung the very first to try out a new ship complete with all the bragging rights! Smile

BTW I think group air & hotel beforehand would be lots of fun and could be had at a better rate than individual fares. Plus, if Nick & Eddie join us we will have free live entertainment for the long flights!
Back to top Go down
Down The Shore Guy
Charter Member
Charter Member
Down The Shore Guy

Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2007-08-12

PostSubject: Re: 2009 & 2010 Group Updates   2009 & 2010 Group Updates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 4:01 pm

AmbianceTraveler wrote:
Shore Guy,

Based on what they did with QV, we can look forward to a terrific send off, special gifts, a gala dinner and ball and special welcomes in nearly each port of call. We should know more as the time gets closer.

Although, I didn't go on the inaugural sailing of the QV just being onboard beforehand was so exciting and a much different feel than a typical cruise. Yes, there were a few bugs that had to be worked out ,especially in the Lido but that is to be expected on an inaugural. I think they are learning though as from what I hear, the difference between the QM2 & QV inaugurals were like night and day.

Look forward to a very special feel that comes from being amoung the very first to try out a new ship complete with all the bragging rights! Smile

BTW I think group air & hotel beforehand would be lots of fun and could be had at a better rate than individual fares. Plus, if Nick & Eddie join us we will have free live entertainment for the long flights!

Oh Geez, you mean Nick and I have to entertain you guys allllll the way to England??!? jocolor
Okay.... Nick what do you want to be this time? The ventriloquist or the dumbie? Or better yet, maybe we'll sing the whole way!!

100,000 bottles of beer on the wall, 100,000 bottles of beer, you take one down pass it round...
99,999 bottles of beer on the wall

Sorry Nina, you opened a can of worms... Now if we can just get one more, then we'll be the ThreeStooges

Oh yes, it's going to be a l-o-n-g flight Wink

Eddie

Last edited by on Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Westchester Cruiser
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: 2009 & 2010 Group Updates   2009 & 2010 Group Updates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 5:58 pm

Down The Shore Guy wrote:
AmbianceTraveler wrote:
Shore Guy,

Oh Geez, you mean Nick and I have to entertain you guys allllll the way to England??!? jocolor
Okay.... Nick what do you want to be this time? The ventriloquist or the dumbie? Or better yet, maybe we'll sign the whole way!!

100,000 bottles of beer on the wall, 100,000 bottles of beer, you take one down pass it round...
99,999 bottles of beer on the wall

Sorry Nina, you opened a can of worms... Now if we can just get one more, then we'll be the ThreeStooges

Oh yes, it's going to be a l-o-n-g flight Wink

Eddie

Oh NO! LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2009 & 2010 Group Updates   2009 & 2010 Group Updates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 9:19 pm

Well we can always do our BluesBrothers act...or at least make one up as we go along. Or I can try to juggling but that might make Leanna hide . I like the Drinks idea but, only 100,000 bottles? How about 1,000,000 bottles of beer on the wall, 1,000,000 bottles of beer, we take one down pass it around, 999,999 bottle of beers on the wall...

That should get us to :eat: time plus, by that time the flight crew will probably give us the TheFinger as well. We might even have the Captain come over the intercom and ask us to stop. Which will get the entire cabin to say Yay

As we continue the :flying: to London, I expect Nina to be saying HolySheep what did I get myself into...

And by the time we land in :rain: old London town and get ready to take Monorail to our hotel, Nina will in fact be saying this was a... BadIdea

And Nina, you can believe all of this when WhenPigsFly

Aren't I a little LittleDevil ThumpsUp

Wink
Back to top Go down
Andy The Sailor Man
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
Andy The Sailor Man

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2007-08-29

PostSubject: Re: 2009 & 2010 Group Updates   2009 & 2010 Group Updates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 9:41 pm

I'd be more than happy to fill in as the third ThreeStooges

Sorry Nina, couldn't resist! Besides, we're not going to beat them, might as well join them!!

Wink
Back to top Go down
JeanMarie
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
JeanMarie

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2007-09-23

PostSubject: Re: 2009 & 2010 Group Updates   2009 & 2010 Group Updates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 9:58 pm

Oh my! You boys certainly are like :Taz:s (plural)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2009 & 2010 Group Updates   2009 & 2010 Group Updates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 10:06 pm

Andy!?!?! I'm the third stooge!! geek SEE!!! lol!

Nina, I'll pray for you Wink

Seriously Love, it's all in good fun, I've known these two blokes (Nick and Eddie) for a couple years now, they're harmless as long as we keep them away from:

• The bars
  • Each other
  • Me
  • Midnight Buffets
One plus, you won't have to deal with me on the flight. Just hope I can get the time to get on the inaugural. Would LOVE to join you all!

Patrick
Back to top Go down
Diamond Dave
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Diamond Dave

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2007-09-10

PostSubject: Re: 2009 & 2010 Group Updates   2009 & 2010 Group Updates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 11:53 am

Will be going on one for sure, maybe both - leaning towards Christmas though!!
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

PostSubject: Re: 2009 & 2010 Group Updates   2009 & 2010 Group Updates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 6:58 pm

HolySheep this was a BadIdea the ThreeStooges have taken over! Who's next :homer: ?

(Seriously Nick that was brilliant!)

(Dave, are you sure you want to come!? Smile )

.....what have I gotten myself into?....opps, did I just type that out loud?!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2009 & 2010 Group Updates   2009 & 2010 Group Updates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 9:38 pm

AmbianceTraveler wrote:
HolySheep this was a BadIdea the ThreeStooges have taken over! Who's next :homer: ?

(Seriously Nick that was brilliant!)

(Dave, are you sure you want to come!? Smile )

.....what have I gotten myself into?....opps, did I just type that out loud?!

Wantta hear the scary part? I did that in about 5 minutes!! Thank you, thank you, I'm available for parties, weddings, etc Laughing

Ok seriously now....

How would a group pre-cruise package work? For example, for those of us from the States, would we all meet in NY to continue to go to England? And from there, are we going with a Cunard hotel or would we be arranging this on our own?

I know it's early but should we open a poll for how many days, hotel class, etc?

ImNotWorthy What is your advice oh great one who will lead us Nina?

You do know I'm teasing I hope!!! Sometimes I do get a bit carried away!!
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

PostSubject: Re: 2009 & 2010 Group Updates   2009 & 2010 Group Updates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 11:24 pm

[quote="Nick Needs To Know

Ok seriously now....

How would a group pre-cruise package work? For example, for those of us from the States, would we all meet in NY to continue to go to England? And from there, are we going with a Cunard hotel or would we be arranging this on our own?

I know it's early but should we open a poll for how many days, hotel class, etc?

quote]

It could work a number of ways. If for example there is a large enough group who all want the same package than it is just a matter of routing their flights through New York and onto the same flight over.(wouldn't want to miss out on that great entertainment!) A hotel and transfers can either be arranged through Cunard or I can arrange it separately. (Sometimes less expensive)

If you would like to start a poll go right ahead, otherwise, I can set it up too Smile We have a lot of details to work out over the next 2 years might as well start now!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2009 & 2010 Group Updates   2009 & 2010 Group Updates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 2:28 pm

Nick... You have WAY too much time on your hands!! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2009 & 2010 Group Updates   2009 & 2010 Group Updates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 6:34 pm

Very Happy Just call me an overgrown kid!
Back to top Go down
Murray S
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Murray S

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2007-09-20

PostSubject: Re: 2009 & 2010 Group Updates   2009 & 2010 Group Updates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 8:58 pm

Nick, you're an overgrown kid Wink

Now has anyone given any thought to London hotels yet? If not, might I suggest The Langham http://london.langhamhotels.co.uk/ It's close to Regents Park and easy walking distance to most West End theaters plus Bond and Oxford streets are close by as well. Additionally, they are one of the few hotels in London that allow up to 4 in a room - not always easy to find there!
The downside...it's pricey.

I'm open to all suggestions!
Back to top Go down
Giovani
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Giovani

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: 2009 & 2010 Group Updates   2009 & 2010 Group Updates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 9:17 pm

Nina, Congratulations on being assigned both groups! I know you're going to make a wonderful TA and group leader!
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

PostSubject: Re: 2009 & 2010 Group Updates   2009 & 2010 Group Updates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 1:59 pm

Murry, The Langham sounds like an excellent choice. Their family rooms are particularly appealing to me and it is in a good location. Plus, they will be finishing their renovations late in 2009 so it will be all new! One nice thing is if Cunard does have an Autumn inaugural it will be off season so the rates will be lower.

Thank you Giovani, I am certainly excited to be able to work with the group!
Back to top Go down
Westchester Cruiser
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: 2009 & 2010 Group Updates   2009 & 2010 Group Updates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 6:24 pm

The Langham looks great! Nina, in your opinion, what if any, type of discount can we expect if we get a group rate. Off-season should help regardless but, anything extra is always a help.

Helen
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

PostSubject: Re: 2009 & 2010 Group Updates   2009 & 2010 Group Updates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 6:50 pm

Usually, a hotel will extend a 5-10% discount to groups. Some will set it up so that every 10th room is free and the savings on that is spread out to the whole group.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2009 & 2010 Group Updates   2009 & 2010 Group Updates - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2009 & 2010 Group Updates
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next