Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Orient Express Transfers

Go down 
+3
AmbianceTraveler
Good Golly Molly
Giovani
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Orient Express Transfers Empty
PostSubject: Orient Express Transfers   Orient Express Transfers Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2007 5:26 pm

Just curious if anyone has done this and if it's available with every sailing out of Southampton.

http://www.cunard.com/Destinations/default.asp?Region=7&sub=vo
Back to top Go down
Giovani
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Giovani

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Orient Express Transfers   Orient Express Transfers Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2007 11:15 am

To the best of my knowledge it's only on select sailings. Too bad because I think it's phenomenal add-on!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Orient Express Transfers   Orient Express Transfers Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 9:23 pm

I guess it would be too much to hope that they'll have Orient Express transfers for the QE inaugural...
BUT, if they do... I am sooo taking it!!!
Back to top Go down
Good Golly Molly
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Good Golly Molly

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2007-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Orient Express Transfers   Orient Express Transfers Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 9:29 pm

Oh that WOULD be fantastic but, from what I understand it's a rare occassion it happens. The other problem is that there is no way to check, unless Nina can find out when they open the bookings...sometime in 2009 or so I'm assuming - I'd be shocked if it was any sooner.
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

Number of posts : 889
Registration date : 2007-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Orient Express Transfers   Orient Express Transfers Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 10:11 pm

The VSOE transfers is something I can look into when setting up the group. If the information is still not available at that time, I will keep tabs on it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ambiancetc.com

PostSubject: Re: Orient Express Transfers   Orient Express Transfers Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 10:45 am

Thanks Nina!
Back to top Go down
Andy The Sailor Man
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
Andy The Sailor Man

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2007-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Orient Express Transfers   Orient Express Transfers Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 11:12 am

"IF" it's available, we'd also be very interested
Back to top Go down
MichaelCT
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
MichaelCT

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Orient Express Transfers   Orient Express Transfers Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 4:13 pm

It certainly would make an extra special treat
Back to top Go down
Kindlychap
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Orient Express Transfers   Orient Express Transfers Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 9:40 pm

AmbianceTraveler wrote:
The VSOE transfers is something I can look into when setting up the group. If the information is still not available at that time, I will keep tabs on it.

My understanding is that this has ceased, and that the last run was in Autumn 2007. It was certainly not running for the beginning of the World Cruise this year for QE2.

I believe that there have been difficulties with the VSOE providers themselves - getting paths on our railways isn't easy especially on a busy system such as the one out of Waterloo.

There is of course the normal service train. Or, for probably no more than the cost of the VSOE, have a car and driver from London. One would always want to avoid coach travel, of course.

Matthew
Back to top Go down
Beyondships
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Beyondships

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2008-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Orient Express Transfers   Orient Express Transfers Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 1:35 pm

I took the Orient Express transfer in 1997. It was a wonderful experience. They served champagne and tea in a beautifully restored set of cars. Passengers boarded at Victoria Station in London and the train pulled up to a platform outside of the Queen Elizabeth II terminal in Southampton. One just checked-in and walked onto the ship.

When I was on QM2 last summer, I noticed the Orient Express train was at the terminal. It would be a shame if they have discontinued it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.beyondships.com
Kindlychap
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Orient Express Transfers   Orient Express Transfers Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 4:40 pm

Beyondships wrote:
I took the Orient Express transfer in 1997. It was a wonderful experience. They served champagne and tea in a beautifully restored set of cars. Passengers boarded at Victoria Station in London and the train pulled up to a platform outside of the Queen Elizabeth II terminal in Southampton. One just checked-in and walked onto the ship.

When I was on QM2 last summer, I noticed the Orient Express train was at the terminal. It would be a shame if they have discontinued it.

It would indeed be a shame. But I don't think it is available at present. For some reason they thought it was more appropriate for Queen Mary 2 rather than RMS Queen Elizabeth 2.

Odd decision.

Matthew
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Orient Express Transfers   Orient Express Transfers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Orient Express Transfers
Page 1 of 1