Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Queen Elizabeth Wish List

Go down 
+7
Andy The Sailor Man
Adirondack Pete
Cruise Liner Fan
Kindlychap
Long Island Mom
AmbianceTraveler
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

Number of posts : 889
Registration date : 2007-09-05

Queen Elizabeth Wish List Empty
PostSubject: Queen Elizabeth Wish List   Queen Elizabeth Wish List Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 5:48 pm

What are some of the things you would like to see on the new QE? Is there a favorite lounge that you would like them to have? Something new? Like staterooms that accommodate 2 adults and 2 young children (that's my secret wish, QV only has cabins for upto three but I do not want to have to book a seperate cabin for my DD's ages 3 & 8mo!)

Here are a few of my other wish list items...

1. Make her unique and not a cookie cutter ship.

2. Make her a true ocean liner

3. Make space for AA category like on QM2 (best value on the ship IMHO)

4. More cabin configuration options than QV. (Not everyone wants to always sail on RCCL when the kids are with them!)

5. Single cabins, there is soo much demand for this!

What does everyone else want to see?
Back to top Go down
http://www.ambiancetc.com
Long Island Mom
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Long Island Mom

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2007-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Queen Elizabeth Wish List   Queen Elizabeth Wish List Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 11:23 am

How about having her homeport as New York City?!

I know... Dream on...
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

PostSubject: Re: Queen Elizabeth Wish List   Queen Elizabeth Wish List Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 12:43 pm

It will be interesting to see where they fit her into the fleet. With the QM2 doing transatlantics and caribbean sailings out of New York and the QV based mostly in Southampton we may be looking at a ship based in the Med or doing more exotic sailings (which I would like to see) I think there is demand for a Cunard experience that would take guests to places like Austraila, South America, Africa and Asia more often then just the world cruises. Either that or she may take over for the QV in Southampton when she is in the Med in summer and take over the northern itineraries. Looking forward to finding out!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Queen Elizabeth Wish List   Queen Elizabeth Wish List Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 5:22 pm

I'd personally like to see improvement on the food overall, not that it's horrible but, it gets boring quickly. And, I'd like to see regular alternative restaurants. I'm not a fan of the transformation of Kings Court at night concept on QM2. I'd rather see the buffet remain a buffet and the addition of Todd English plus maybe an Italian alternative restaurant onboard. Golden Lion Pub is a must and maybe expand the menu in there a bit.

Staterooms - I'd hope they learned there lesson from QM2 and that they eliminate the in-hull balcony cabin concepts, most that are booking balcony cabins want sunlight and the in-hull cabins make that difficult to achieve.

I'd love to see more options from the USA, not going to happen with only 3 ships in the fleet but, the thought of one of the ships calling NYC home-port is a very nice thought!

Have to respectfully disagree about the family/quad occupancy cabins. I'd hate to see Cunard become overly kiddie friendly. I happen to enjoy the more adult atmosphere and, the addition of staterooms that accommodate 4 or more will encourage families with small children to book. Remember, I am a stepmom here, I don't hate children but, if I'm paying that much for the Cunard experience, I don't want to see or hear the arguements about dress codes and such that have brought down the standards on the mainstream cruise lines.
There are plenty of family friendly cruise lines out there, I'd hate to see Cunard become one of them!
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

PostSubject: Re: Queen Elizabeth Wish List   Queen Elizabeth Wish List Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2007 3:05 am

Host Jackie,
I do agree with you about the atmosphere and having it change would be a crime. I also do not wish to see a ship over run with children. I would like to see at least 2-3 quad cabins in each category (2 balcony cabins for example) that would be suitable for families. This way, families like mine that want the refined atmosphere of Cunard and the highly trained children's staff would not have to have the parent's live in seperate cabins for a week or more due to very young children. I wouldn't mind booking a year or more in advance to secure such a cabin since they would be limited in supply and would not suggest that they change any of the other shipboard facilities to cater to families. (The children's programs are quite fine as they are.) Let the families with children comform to the ship! Besides, if a parent does not like dressing a child properly for a formal dinner then they really shouldn't be on Cunard in the first place. If the children are not well behaved then they shouldn't be at dinner either! Hope that clarifies my position a bit better. In short, I want to bring my daughters with me so I can enjoy a longer cruise, I want to introduce them to the Cunard experience as it is now so they learn to appreciate formalities and such but I also want them in the safety and security of one cabin with their father and I at least until they are older. We'll see what QE has in store for us!
Back to top Go down
Kindlychap
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Queen Elizabeth Wish List   Queen Elizabeth Wish List Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 9:47 pm

She will not be a liner, as we now know. I think an adult only ship might be worth experimenting with - it works for P&O. I don't see that we'll get anything desperately different from QV - the basic set up with the various lounges is fixed and was of course one reason that Caronia left the fleet.

Single cabins don't worry me - QE2 single cabins had a premium of about 50% over the same level of berth in a double, so a 50% single supplement is a much better alternative to a single cabin. More flexible for Cunard too.

In Hull balconies were a solution for QM2 in her capacity as a liner, so won't apply.

I suppose the biggest improvement over QV would be teak decking and teak balcony furniture for the grill cabins.

Matthew
Back to top Go down
Cruise Liner Fan
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Queen Elizabeth Wish List   Queen Elizabeth Wish List Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 9:12 pm

It would be great if the new Queen Elizabeth was to be built as a real Transatlantic Liner but here in the real world I know that is not going to happen.The new Queen Elizabeth will be another Vista Class Cruise Ship just like the Queen Victoria.Well at least the Queen Victoria is not really a bad looking cruise ship and the new Queen Elizabeth will look the same as the Queen Victoria.What I would like aboard the new Queen Elizabeth is a night club that looks just like the Yacht Club aboard the QE2 and single occupancy cabins. Jerry
Back to top Go down
Kindlychap
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: Queen Elizabeth Wish List   Queen Elizabeth Wish List Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 1:05 pm

Cruise Liner Fan wrote:
What I would like aboard the new Queen Elizabeth is a night club that looks just like the Yacht Club aboard the QE2 and single occupancy cabins. Jerry

How terrible would that be? You can't simply lift something from one ship and put it in another.....

And as far as single cabins are concerned. Forget it. It is a red herring. What matters is the single supplement. The single cabins on QE2 are not the same rate per person as the equivalent cabin for a couple - there is a 50% premium. If Cunard sold cabins at a 50% single supplement then there would be no cost implications at all.

Single cabins are not flexible.

Matthew
Back to top Go down
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Queen Elizabeth Wish List   Queen Elizabeth Wish List Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 1:28 pm

Make her a TRUE liner like QM, QE & The QE2.
Back to top Go down
Cruise Liner Fan
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: Queen Elizabeth Wish List   Queen Elizabeth Wish List Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 3:13 pm

Kindlychap wrote:
Cruise Liner Fan wrote:
What I would like aboard the new Queen Elizabeth is a night club that looks just like the Yacht Club aboard the QE2 and single occupancy cabins. Jerry

How terrible would that be? You can't simply lift something from one ship and put it in another.....

And as far as single cabins are concerned. Forget it. It is a red herring. What matters is the single supplement. The single cabins on QE2 are not the same rate per person as the equivalent cabin for a couple - there is a 50% premium. If Cunard sold cabins at a 50% single supplement then there would be no cost implications at all.

Single cabins are not flexible.

Matthew
O.K. I'll compromise.How about having the new QE's night club look like the nightclub aboard QV that is called Hemispheres.The Hemispheres Club in my opinion still looks nicer than the G32 Club aboard QM2 that has that industrial look.I admit that I have not been aboard the QV yet having only sailed aboard QE2 and QM2 but I have seen pictures of QV's Hemispheres Club in the Cunard brochure and on the Cunard website.By the way it is good reading your posts here Matthew (Kindly Chap) since I am no longer allowed on that C.C. website and I'm not refering to cruisecritic. Regards,Jerry

Last edited by Cruise Liner Fan on Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Queen Elizabeth Wish List   Queen Elizabeth Wish List Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 3:16 pm

Have to agree with you on that one Jerry, G32 could stand much improvement
Back to top Go down
Cruise Liner Fan
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: Queen Elizabeth Wish List   Queen Elizabeth Wish List Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 3:35 pm

Nick Needs To Know wrote:
Have to agree with you on that one Jerry, G32 could stand much improvement
Thanks Nick Regards,Jerry
Back to top Go down
Adirondack Pete
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Adirondack Pete

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Queen Elizabeth Wish List   Queen Elizabeth Wish List Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 7:18 am

I agree that I would like to see a true ocean liner.... and I would also like to see her do as the QE2 originally did and sail primarily Grand Voyages, meaning transatlantics with European and American itineraries in between each crossing.

If we are truly talking pipe-dream style wish lists, I would also like to see Cunard stand firm on not including the replicas and oil paintings in the sale to Dubai so they would instead be in the new Queen Elizabeth.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Queen Elizabeth Wish List   Queen Elizabeth Wish List Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 10:01 am

Welcome to the boards Adirondack Pete! Welcome
Back to top Go down
Cruise Liner Fan
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: Queen Elizabeth Wish List   Queen Elizabeth Wish List Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 10:08 am

Pete, You are so right but in the real world unfortunately the oil paintings,the large model of the Mauretania and the other Cunard artifacts that are currently aboard the QE2 will stay aboard the QE2 when she is sold to Dubai World on November 27,2008.Intead of placing these artifacts aboard QM2,QV and the new QE when she enters service in the Autumn of 2010.I have even heard that the Officer's Wardroom aboard the QE2 even has the bell from the Aquitania and some other artifacts that are probably too included in the sale unfortunately.I wonder if it is possible to build 3 replicas of the large Mauretania model and place one aboard the QM2,QV and the new QE when she enters service in the Autumn of 2010? Regards,Jerry
Back to top Go down
Kindlychap
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: Queen Elizabeth Wish List   Queen Elizabeth Wish List Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 2:35 pm

Cruise Liner Fan wrote:
Pete, You are so right but in the real world unfortunately the oil paintings,the large model of the Mauretania and the other Cunard artifacts that are currently aboard the QE2 will stay aboard the QE2 when she is sold to Dubai World on November 27,2008.Intead of placing these artifacts aboard QM2,QV and the new QE when she enters service in the Autumn of 2010.I have even heard that the Officer's Wardroom aboard the QE2 even has the bell from the Aquitania and some other artifacts that are probably too included in the sale unfortunately.I wonder if it is possible to build 3 replicas of the large Mauretania model and place one aboard the QM2,QV and the new QE when she enters service in the Autumn of 2010? Regards,Jerry

In my opinion we're stuck with the French tart and the Italian strumpet, with her younger sister coming along as and when.

Cunard didn't rehash Mauretania when they built Queen Mary. Or Queen Mary when they built Queen Elizabeth. Or Queen Elizabeth when they built Queen Elizabeth 2.

In my opinion Queen Elizabeth needs to be distinctive, contemporary and classy. As her two namesakes were.

Matthew

Last edited by Kindlychap on Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:00 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Removal of errors introduced by moderator)
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

PostSubject: Re: Queen Elizabeth Wish List   Queen Elizabeth Wish List Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 4:49 pm

Did someone stay Tart?! I love tarts :eat: Especially the ones with strawberries and kiwi. Or in this case, fantastic presence and terrific staff.
Back to top Go down
Andy The Sailor Man
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
Andy The Sailor Man

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2007-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Queen Elizabeth Wish List   Queen Elizabeth Wish List Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 5:02 pm

Once again, .......... It must be a wonderful feeling to have the ability to walk on water Matthew.

Last edited by AmbianceTraveler on Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : No name calling)
Back to top Go down
VJMorrow
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
VJMorrow

Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Queen Elizabeth Wish List   Queen Elizabeth Wish List Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 5:15 pm

Cruise Liner Fan wrote:

Are you the Jerry formerly known as Cedric?
Back to top Go down
Cruise Liner Fan
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: Queen Elizabeth Wish List   Queen Elizabeth Wish List Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 5:18 pm

Yes and it was Cedric1902. Jerry
Back to top Go down
VJMorrow
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
VJMorrow

Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Queen Elizabeth Wish List   Queen Elizabeth Wish List Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 5:25 pm

Well it is good to see another familiar face as I have seen a few here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Queen Elizabeth Wish List   Queen Elizabeth Wish List Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 7:27 pm

Kindlychap wrote:
Cruise Liner Fan wrote:

In my opinion we're stuck with the French tart and the Italian strumpet, with her younger sister coming along as and when.

Cunard didn't rehash Mauretania when they built Queen Mary. Or Queen Mary when they built Queen Elizabeth. Or Queen Elizabeth when they built Queen Elizabeth 2.

In my personal view Queen Elizabeth needs to be distinctive, contemporary and classy. As her two namesakes were.

Matthew

Hmmm, French tart is that like French toast?

If I were of French or Italian decent, I would find your comments very degrading, not to mention offensive, however, thank you for showing us your true self...
Back to top Go down
Cruise Liner Fan
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: Queen Elizabeth Wish List   Queen Elizabeth Wish List Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 7:35 pm

FormerlySanFranBayCruiser wrote:
Kindlychap wrote:
Cruise Liner Fan wrote:

In my personal view Queen Elizabeth needs to be distinctive, contemporary and classy. As her two namesakes were.

Matthew

Hmmm, French tart is that like French toast?

If I were of French or Italian decent, I would find your comments very degrading, not to mention offensive, however, thank you for showing us your true self...
I guess that means Matthew (Kindlychap) must hate me for being an Italian-American. Regards,Jerry
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Queen Elizabeth Wish List   Queen Elizabeth Wish List Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 7:36 pm

Well I am of Italian decent and here's what I think... Queen Elizabeth Wish List 2345a10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Queen Elizabeth Wish List   Queen Elizabeth Wish List Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 7:38 pm

OMG Nick! roflmao
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Queen Elizabeth Wish List   Queen Elizabeth Wish List Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Queen Elizabeth Wish List
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next