Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

QV or Jewel of the Seas for July 2008 - Help me decide

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Murray S
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Murray S

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2007-09-20

QV or Jewel of the Seas for July 2008 - Help me decide Empty
PostSubject: QV or Jewel of the Seas for July 2008 - Help me decide   QV or Jewel of the Seas for July 2008 - Help me decide Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 10:22 am

We're going to take a Northern Europe (Baltics and Russia) cruise in 2008 and, we're getting ready to book. We're down to two very different ships and cruise lines and would like your input. Here are the two choices:

Jewel of the Seas which depart on July 10, 2008 (12 nights)

or

Queen Victoria (Cunard) on July 18, 2008 (14 nights)

We have sailed both Cunard and Royal Caribbean. We like both lines even
though they offer very different experiences. We sailed on Radiance
class ships but not Jewel and we have sailed on QE2 and QM2 in the
Cunard fleet but not on QV (since it's a brand new ship and won't be
out until this December).

Oh I should mention the itineraries are nearly identical...

Anyone care to offer their opinion? We'll be booking a standard balcony cabin either way.

Thanks.

Murray
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

Number of posts : 889
Registration date : 2007-09-05

QV or Jewel of the Seas for July 2008 - Help me decide Empty
PostSubject: Re: QV or Jewel of the Seas for July 2008 - Help me decide   QV or Jewel of the Seas for July 2008 - Help me decide Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 4:18 pm

I guess Murray you really have to ask yourself what you want most to get out of this trip. What is it you are looking forward to doing onboard? Is this a special occasion that may warrant a more refined experience? Are you wanting a more casual cruise? What is it you liked most about Cunard and how do you think that will lend it's self to this itinerary? Same Q. for RCCL. My personal preferance would be for the QV but then, I am very excited about her arrival and would rather have pictures of her with the Fjords in the background over the Jewel. JMO there! Since it will be QV's maiden year it will also mark a special occasion and (haven't checked her schedule here) may have a few maiden port calls which would be fun as well.

Hold off and book during the Oct. 17th Cruise night and you will be sure to get some special amenities if your TA is hosting a party. Otherwise, there are several agents on here hosting specials that week. Lurk around the other forums there are a few different threads on this topic.

Let us know what you end up deciding!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ambiancetc.com

QV or Jewel of the Seas for July 2008 - Help me decide
Page 1 of 1