Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mariner Review- Sept 16-23..Our BEST cruise yet

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
skyking
Royal Caribbean Host
Royal Caribbean Host
skyking

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Mariner Review- Sept 16-23..Our BEST cruise yet Empty
PostSubject: Mariner Review- Sept 16-23..Our BEST cruise yet   Mariner Review- Sept 16-23..Our BEST cruise yet Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 1:42 pm

Hello All,

We are home in bed after the BEST cruise we have had to date. I will post a full review after I stop swaying a little later tonight, but here is the quick one.

Day 1- We were onboard by noon to find all the food venues closed, due to a surprise health inspection...This did not bother us at all, but I heard a lot of grumbling from other passengers, again we did not care...We were on the MarinerMariner Review- Sept 16-23..Our BEST cruise yet Smile SKY bar for the sail away was soooo awesome that I threw up for the first time in 4 years, and passed out before dinner. Was in bed by 9pm....OOOPS!

Day 2- Woke up at 6am to find another invite for the captains table under our door, thats three cruises in a row, of course we accepted...More on that later....Out of all my RCCL cruises this was the first time we made it to Cocoa Cay....FREAKING awesome, with perfect weather the whole day. We met in front of studio B for the Captains table, and all I can say is Captain Per is the BEST. We all closed down the dinning room, and did not leave the table until 11:30pm or so...The next day the Matre D told me he has never seen a Captain sit with a group for so long...He is awesome, and you will love him.

Day 3- Ate breakfast on the balcony, which I highly recomend to all. This was a pool day with some new friends.

Day 4- St Thomas was just ok, we drank a lot of local grogg...The onlyy complaint about the day is the ANNOYING taxi drivers...They seemed to jump out at you from everywhere, reminded me of Jamaica.

Day5- St Marteen- WOW WOW WOW...We rented a jeep right off the pier with another couple and had a great day...Went to Maho beach, drove around the island and ended up at Orient BEach where I took advantage of the NO clothes for the first time...It was fun!

Day6- Slept in and sat by the pool

Day7- This was just yesterday and it was the best day I have ever had on a cruise....WE DID A BRIDGE TOUR with the Captain, and again what a treat he is. I have a lot of pictures from the bridge including one of me in the Captains Chair, again will post those soon. Ate at Johhny Rockets, toook a nap, ate in the dining room, and then closed down the dragons lair. They started calling people off the ship at exactely 7am this morning.....

Again folks I am not kidding when I say this was the BEST cruise we have had. We did not see a cloud all week, the seas were the calmest I have ever seen, and the crew was very very happy. We were told that a new hotel director was onboard and that they were treating the crew wonderfully and moral was very very high. Captain Per is a true pleasure to talk to, and is now my favorite Captain. Dennis the CD was great, and was all over the place...He told me yesterday that this was last week starting today, he told me his replacement, but I forgot...I promise after my nap I will add more, and get my 200+ pictures on my site, the link is below...Again folks you are gonna love the Mariner Of The Seas. Feel free to ask awayMariner Review- Sept 16-23..Our BEST cruise yet Smile I love to answerMariner Review- Sept 16-23..Our BEST cruise yet Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.crowncitycruises.com

PostSubject: Re: Mariner Review- Sept 16-23..Our BEST cruise yet   Mariner Review- Sept 16-23..Our BEST cruise yet Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 6:35 pm

Oh I am sooo jealous!! Haven't been asked to the Captain's table once yet :(

Sounds like you had a wonderful time! Can't wait to read the full review.

Overall, how is Mariner aging? Any signs of wear?
Back to top Go down
4 Leaf Clover
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
4 Leaf Clover

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Mariner Review- Sept 16-23..Our BEST cruise yet   Mariner Review- Sept 16-23..Our BEST cruise yet Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 6:44 pm

Certainly sounds like you had a great time! Did you pry any information out of anyone about Genesis?
Back to top Go down
Boca Brats
Charter Member
Charter Member
Boca Brats

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Mariner Review- Sept 16-23..Our BEST cruise yet   Mariner Review- Sept 16-23..Our BEST cruise yet Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 7:04 pm

skyking wrote:
We were on the MarinerMariner Review- Sept 16-23..Our BEST cruise yet Smile SKY bar for the sail away was soooo awesome that I threw up for the first time in 4 years, and passed out before dinner. Was in bed by 9pm....OOOPS!

That says it all lol! Glad you enjoyed it and looking forward to your full review too!
Back to top Go down
skyking
Royal Caribbean Host
Royal Caribbean Host
skyking

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2007-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Mariner Review- Sept 16-23..Our BEST cruise yet   Mariner Review- Sept 16-23..Our BEST cruise yet Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 10:50 pm

The Mariner still looks great, of course I look for it because I have been on her a few times, she is in GREAT shape. My pics are up and I have some videos on there as well, they are on page 22. ENJOY!

http://community.webshots.com/user/timandcandice-date
Back to top Go down
http://www.crowncitycruises.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mariner Review- Sept 16-23..Our BEST cruise yet   Mariner Review- Sept 16-23..Our BEST cruise yet Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mariner Review- Sept 16-23..Our BEST cruise yet
Page 1 of 1