Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Project Genesis Poll & Potential Group Cruise?

Go down 
5 posters

Would you be interested in Royal Caribbean's Genesis inaugural sailing?
Yes - count me in, I'm ready to book!
Project Genesis Poll & Potential Group Cruise? Vote_lcap50%Project Genesis Poll & Potential Group Cruise? Vote_rcap
 50% [ 5 ]
Maybe - I'd still like more information
Project Genesis Poll & Potential Group Cruise? Vote_lcap10%Project Genesis Poll & Potential Group Cruise? Vote_rcap
 10% [ 1 ]
Maybe - Depending on the actual dates
Project Genesis Poll & Potential Group Cruise? Vote_lcap20%Project Genesis Poll & Potential Group Cruise? Vote_rcap
 20% [ 2 ]
No - It's just too big for my taste
Project Genesis Poll & Potential Group Cruise? Vote_lcap20%Project Genesis Poll & Potential Group Cruise? Vote_rcap
 20% [ 2 ]
No - Can't make it/Have other commitments
Project Genesis Poll & Potential Group Cruise? Vote_lcap0%Project Genesis Poll & Potential Group Cruise? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Other
Project Genesis Poll & Potential Group Cruise? Vote_lcap0%Project Genesis Poll & Potential Group Cruise? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 10

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2007-08-05

Project Genesis Poll & Potential Group Cruise? Empty
PostSubject: Project Genesis Poll & Potential Group Cruise?   Project Genesis Poll & Potential Group Cruise? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 10:13 am

I received an interesting proposal from one of our fellow board members yesterday, the member is being a bit shy about posting this proposal so I agreed to post it.

How many of you would be interested in trying to organize a group for the new "Project Genesis" inaugural sailing?

At this time Royal Caribbean is estimating delivery for Fall, 2009.

At bit of information about "Genesis":

Gross Tongage: 220,000
Passenger Capacity: 5,400

So here's your chance to discuss this mega-ship at length and for board members to decide if they're like to attempt making Genesis our first group cruise offering.

Let's hear your ideas, comments and suggestions about this proposal!

For more information about Project Genesis please check out the following articles:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11199685/

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/02/06/ap/business/mainD8FJQAOO1.shtml

http://www.akeryards.com

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/ourCompany/pressCenter/pressReleases/info.do;jsessionid=0000E7yq6ow1LzvSiQF6Xky30C4:10ktdmods?prDate=02-06-2006&prCode=A
Back to top Go down
https://cruisefreekforums.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Project Genesis Poll & Potential Group Cruise?   Project Genesis Poll & Potential Group Cruise? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 10:43 am

I voted Maybe but want more information. Right now there are too many "if" factors to really make a commitment, the size doesn't bother me, in fact, I'd book it just to see the size of it and to say I was on it.

It comes down to date, destination, and pricing for us.
Back to top Go down
Ajani
Charter Member
Charter Member
Ajani

Number of posts : 173
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Project Genesis Poll & Potential Group Cruise?   Project Genesis Poll & Potential Group Cruise? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 11:06 am

I've already talked to my parents about this - if a group forms we'd be interested!
Back to top Go down
http://rcclprojectgenesis.blogspot.com/
lilly854
lilly854

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Project Genesis Poll & Potential Group Cruise?   Project Genesis Poll & Potential Group Cruise? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 10:38 pm

ImNewHere I am a cruise fan. I think it's a good idea. But first I will like to know what places is going, dates and cost. Party Today I am celebrating my birthday. I know that many people have the same questions like mines.
Back to top Go down
Carole
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Carole

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2008-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Project Genesis Poll & Potential Group Cruise?   Project Genesis Poll & Potential Group Cruise? Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 4:10 pm

I would join except I don't want to be on an inaugural sailing. I like a ship to be out about a year to work out the kinks. I realize that more often than not, those first sailings have new crew and a few minor things that need to be worked out. I waited for the Grand Princess to be out a year before we sailed on it and it was wonderful - so good we rebooked it for the following year, just 6 days after we got home. ............................

Another reason we can't go is that I already have a surprise cruise booked for next year. (the surprise is for my husband). He doesn't read the boards so I am not worried about him finding out (too much). Even trying to get his kids (grown adults) to go. So it conflicts with Project Genesis.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Project Genesis Poll & Potential Group Cruise?   Project Genesis Poll & Potential Group Cruise? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 12:47 pm

Carole,

I understand that with the "surprise" cruise already in the works that this won't work for you .... but just as an FYI, inaugurals aren't as "kink-laden" as in the past .... I did a pre-inaugural on the Liberty of the Seas and found that the whole crew were experienced, from other ships in the RCCL fleet ... they also use the pre-inaugurals (for travel agents, media, etc.) to work out any last minute kinks so that when the public inaugural takes place, things run a lot smoother. Wink
Back to top Go down
frannieburr
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: we are in   Project Genesis Poll & Potential Group Cruise? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 10:51 pm

would love for my husband and i to get into a group that would like to go on this cruise
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Project Genesis Poll & Potential Group Cruise?   Project Genesis Poll & Potential Group Cruise? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Project Genesis Poll & Potential Group Cruise?
Page 1 of 1