Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Has a TA been assigned to Genesis for the Inaugural Sailing?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
NYC Cruiser
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2007-08-07

Has a TA been assigned to Genesis for the Inaugural Sailing? Empty
PostSubject: Has a TA been assigned to Genesis for the Inaugural Sailing?   Has a TA been assigned to Genesis for the Inaugural Sailing? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2007 3:31 pm

I have a few questions

I know they aren't releasing much info now on Genesis and Ajani is doing a great job keeping us informed via his blog but, I do have a few questions. Obliviously you won't be able to answer all of them right now but, just let us know in the future:

1) What are the chances of getting amenities points for the inaugural?

2) Will we even be allowed to get group space? I know Carnival said no to all groups on the inaugural sailing of Carnival Splendor next summer. Any chance Royal Caribbean will do the same thing to us?

3) I know we don't have the muscle and influence of CC but, any chance they'll host some type of Meet and Mingle for us?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Has a TA been assigned to Genesis for the Inaugural Sailing?   Has a TA been assigned to Genesis for the Inaugural Sailing? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2007 11:09 am

NYC Cruiser - yes, Host Susan (screen name Ivanova) has been assigned for the Genesis inaugural sailing group. I'm sure she'll be able to answer your questions as we get closer to the annoucement. Rumor has it that Royal Caribbean will start the Genesis push after the launch of Independence of the Seas in May, 2008.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Has a TA been assigned to Genesis for the Inaugural Sailing?   Has a TA been assigned to Genesis for the Inaugural Sailing? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2007 11:49 am

NYC Cruiser wrote:
1) What are the chances of getting amenities points for the inaugural?

2) Will we even be allowed to get group space? I know Carnival said no to all groups on the inaugural sailing of Carnival Splendor next summer. Any chance Royal Caribbean will do the same thing to us?

3) I know we don't have the muscle and influence of CC but, any chance they'll host some type of Meet and Mingle for us?

I've already talked to Royal Caribbean, and in the past they have had group space on inaugural sailings ... now, there is always a possibility that even if there is group inventory, there may not be any amenity points ... but right now the 5/17/2008 four night sailing of the Independence has group inventory and 6 amenity points available, so the group sales reps *think* there will be group inventory and amenity points available when they announce the Genesis sailings some time next year (possibly late May 2008).

Depending on the size of our group, we might be able to swing a Meet & Mingle. Once we get bookings I will see what we'll be able to do/have.
Back to top Go down
Kenny
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Kenny

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2007-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Has a TA been assigned to Genesis for the Inaugural Sailing?   Has a TA been assigned to Genesis for the Inaugural Sailing? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2007 3:15 pm

Any inside information about Genesis like will it have more suites? I can't imagine what Royal Caribbean has up their sleeves for this ship. I thought FlowRider was ingenious!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Has a TA been assigned to Genesis for the Inaugural Sailing?   Has a TA been assigned to Genesis for the Inaugural Sailing? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Has a TA been assigned to Genesis for the Inaugural Sailing?
Page 1 of 1