Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's your favorite excursion on the Mexican Riviera?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Love2Hula
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Love2Hula

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2007-08-07

What's your favorite excursion on the Mexican Riviera? Empty
PostSubject: What's your favorite excursion on the Mexican Riviera?   What's your favorite excursion on the Mexican Riviera? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 10:12 pm

There are so many great things to do on these itineraries! Let's hear what your favorites are! What are your gems that you are glad you found?
Back to top Go down
Wildewoman
Host
Host
Wildewoman

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite excursion on the Mexican Riviera?   What's your favorite excursion on the Mexican Riviera? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 9:44 pm

I would have to saying having dinner at La Perla in Acapulco & watching the famous cliff divers at night!! Awesome!!

We also did a snorkle trip in Aca there that was pretty nice too!!
Linda
Back to top Go down
http://www.wildetravel.com
Love2Hula
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Love2Hula

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite excursion on the Mexican Riviera?   What's your favorite excursion on the Mexican Riviera? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 7:57 pm

Nice! We haven't been to Acapulco yet... but it is on our list of places to visit. Almost booked the Spirit for this next trip, but we went back to our old standby! Smile

Ah! Half Moon Bay - love it there!
Back to top Go down
Wildewoman
Host
Host
Wildewoman

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite excursion on the Mexican Riviera?   What's your favorite excursion on the Mexican Riviera? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 9:14 am

We're doing a Mexican Riviera Cruise on the Spirit in January 2009. I love Mexico & can't wait to go back!! Ports will include Aca, Manzanilla & Ixtapa!!

We leave from San Diego - so fairly close for us!!

Linda
Back to top Go down
Love2Hula
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Love2Hula

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite excursion on the Mexican Riviera?   What's your favorite excursion on the Mexican Riviera? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 2:44 am

Do you drive down to the port, or fly? My husband hates to fly so we always have to drive... but your drive would be a little longer than mine.
Back to top Go down
Wildewoman
Host
Host
Wildewoman

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite excursion on the Mexican Riviera?   What's your favorite excursion on the Mexican Riviera? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 11:35 am

We fly. Go down that day beofre - check in to a hotle close to the water. Relax, enjoy San Diego - then head to the ship the next morning. The cost of parking the car, etc. - we decided it wasn't worth it. Plus, we LOVE to fly!!Captain
Linda
Back to top Go down
mytee4ever
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2007-08-11

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite excursion on the Mexican Riviera?   What's your favorite excursion on the Mexican Riviera? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 12:51 pm

Wildewoman wrote:
We fly. Go down that day beofre - check in to a hotle close to the water. Relax, enjoy San Diego - then head to the ship the next morning. The cost of parking the car, etc. - we decided it wasn't worth it. Plus, we LOVE to fly!!Captain
Linda

We are going on the Elation on 10/01, but will be flying into San Diego on the 29th. What do you suggestion we see? I got a new camera for my birthday & would like to give it a workout!Smile

Towanda
Back to top Go down
Wildewoman
Host
Host
Wildewoman

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite excursion on the Mexican Riviera?   What's your favorite excursion on the Mexican Riviera? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 1:26 pm

The San Diego Zoo & the Wild Animal Park are tops on the list.

Sea World has Shamu - the killer Whale - you could spend a day there alone!!

Beaches - WOW - you have La Jolla - which ia a beautful drive in a convertible. Coronado - great beaches.

Balboa Park - 1000 acres & over 15 museums.

Old Town - great shopping & fabulous Mexican food!!

Tijuana - a taste of Mexico.

You could also do a bay cruise.

The USS Midway is there too & you can take a tour.

It really depends what you like to do. We love the water - so diving & beaches is where we tend to gravitate to.

There are numerous parks for hiking & biking & the weather is almost always "perfect"!!

Linda
Back to top Go down
newmexiconita
NCL Host
NCL Host

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite excursion on the Mexican Riviera?   What's your favorite excursion on the Mexican Riviera? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 2:29 pm

mytee4ever wrote:
Wildewoman wrote:
Linda

We are going on the Elation on 10/01, but will be flying into San Diego on the 29th. What do you suggestion we see? I got a new camera for my birthday & would like to give it a workout!Smile

Towanda
certainly you will want to do Sea World and venture up to La Jolla. As for the beaches, they are nice, but other areas have prettier ones. You will see all the beaches you want on the cruise. I would eat at Anthony's Fish Grotto, touristy but nice selection of really fresh at relatively good prices.

Oh, if the beach is something you are interested in, take a drive to laguna Beach. Now that is the beach and ocean at its best. the town is very artsy and very interesting.

Balboa Park is great as well as old town. Tijuana? I don't know if I would waste my time as long as you are going on a mexican Riv cruise. Otherwise, if you were simply visiting San Diego, yes...bounce
Back to top Go down
Love2Hula
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Love2Hula

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite excursion on the Mexican Riviera?   What's your favorite excursion on the Mexican Riviera? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2007 8:11 pm

We are trying to decide what we want to do in San Diego on our April Monarch cruise. When we sail the Mexican Riviera, it is fairly easy to pick... but with San Diego, I am having a hard time. We will be in port, so no car unless we rent one. We have been to Seaworld and have toured around the port. We were thinking of doing to ship's brewery tour. Old Town sounds good.... cab ride?
Back to top Go down
mytee4ever
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2007-08-11

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite excursion on the Mexican Riviera?   What's your favorite excursion on the Mexican Riviera? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2007 11:43 pm

Thanks Nita! Yours is the 2nd or 3rd reccommendation for Anthony's Fish Grotto. I had thought we might go to Tijuana, but car insurance doesn't cover a trip over the border, so that doesn't seem likely. Plenty to see in San Diego.

Towanda
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite excursion on the Mexican Riviera?   What's your favorite excursion on the Mexican Riviera? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's your favorite excursion on the Mexican Riviera?
Page 1 of 1