Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A little info about our Conquest cruise

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Carole
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Carole

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2008-04-19

A little info about our Conquest cruise Empty
PostSubject: A little info about our Conquest cruise   A little info about our Conquest cruise Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 9:26 pm

The food was great! Prime Rib, chateau brion, and Filet Mignon - FANTASTIC!

One word of advice. I always have eaten mine medium well (with VERY little pink inside). When I ordered it that way, I got a bunch of pink and some blood. Had to send it back. The next night I ordered but asked for it WELL DONE and it was perfect!

Freeport is horrible when you open your curtain but a trip out and perhaps into town for some shopping helps to ease the pain of your first sight of the dock.

The rain didn't stop us, we walked all over the place in all the ports. Ladies, if you are looking for an inexpensive pair of sandals that will last for a long time, go to Keno's on Key West! I bought a pair 8 years ago and still wear them. I went back last week and bought two more pair and get this..............they are 11 dollars each!

Our cabin? We had an L-shaped room on the back of the ship and it was AWESOME! Lots of room and a long balcony!! The room also had two large windows. There was a plugin at the mirror but no other plug in the room so a power strip is a must. Ok, there is a plug behind the bed, but both the lamps are plugged in there, so I guess you could use a power strip there but you would have to crawl under the bed all the time.

No plug in the bathroom except wayyyyyyy above the mirror for a 220 v plug. The hairdryer, in the drawer near the mirror SUCKED. I tried using the dryer but after 20 minutes, I still had damp hair. It doesn't get very hot and it hardly blows. Everyday after that I litterally stood out on the balcony for 10 minutes running my fingers through my hair and it was dry. Could have just been the one in my room, but just in case, you might want to take a small portable one.

All of the crew were great! Lenka in the gift shop is wonderful and so sweet. Leilani and Germaine, our waitresses were great and so much fun! CARNIVAL, pay attention, you have some great crew members that went over and above the "exceeded expectations" choice on the comment cards.

Kyle, the Cruise Director was a treat! Great sense of humor, remembered our names and went out of his way to make the cruise great. Unfortunately, that was his last cruise on the Conquest (going on vacation). He said he hopes to go to the Freedom after his vacation. So be on the lookout in a few months for Kyle Post!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A little info about our Conquest cruise   A little info about our Conquest cruise Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 10:07 am

Carole, thanks for the review. I have two pairs of sandles from Kino's. I love them and you sure can't beat the price.
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: A little info about our Conquest cruise   A little info about our Conquest cruise Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 10:36 am

Carole...I think my wife bought sandals there. She loved them so much...she wanted me to bring her back there to get more! They had beads on the straps.

Key West is one cool place....
Back to top Go down
http://cruise-aritaville.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A little info about our Conquest cruise   A little info about our Conquest cruise Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A little info about our Conquest cruise
Page 1 of 1