Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Back from Conquest - Any Questions?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Carole
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Carole

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2008-04-19

Back from Conquest - Any Questions? Empty
PostSubject: Back from Conquest - Any Questions?   Back from Conquest - Any Questions? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 6:58 pm

Key West, Bahamas itinerary.

It was great and the crew were wonderful..............the food was terrific-
only drawback is the undisciplined kids running amuck and acting stupid - screaming in the halls and in general, acting like they own the ship. Lots of drunk kids (and I do mean KIDS) - we passed one in the hall and he had just thrown up IN THE HALL in front of us and all his friends were laughing and they just went on like nothing happened.

On Friday, our ship stopped in the middle of the ocean and coast guard arrived to take a person off the ship and transport them to a hospital in Key West. We were stopped about 15 minutes or so and back on our way. We never heard anything more.

On deck Sunday afternoon, I helped a woman who passed out on deck. She had had 6 drinks (alcohol), no food and had been in the sun the whole day. She couldn't speak clearly (slurred speech). Her eyes were dilated all the way and then went to pinpoint. The nurse came and her blood pressure was 100/60.

People, DRINK WATER!!! Don't dehydrate and get yourself into trouble.

Parents, please advise your kids that screaming in the halls (or anywhere) is unacceptable! Also, running on deck is dangerous. I was constantly run into by kids. Yes, I know it was spring break, but I have cruised three other cruises during spring break and it was NEVER this bad.

Other than those things, it was all good!!! It did rain in Freeport and in Nassau, but we still had fun!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Back from Conquest - Any Questions?   Back from Conquest - Any Questions? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 6:59 pm

carole - had that same problem with kids on the holiday cruise on RCL. wish they had the nerve to put them and their families off at the next port sometimes.
Back to top Go down
flowers
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
flowers

Number of posts : 468
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Back from Conquest - Any Questions?   Back from Conquest - Any Questions? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 9:40 pm

Hi and welcome back. I will be doing the same itinerary on Conquest this Sept and looking forward to it. Been to those ports, but only leaving from Florida, never from Galveston on Conquest.

The only running in the halls children I encountered were once on Rhapsody, other than that, I'v been lucky. Sorry you encountered it.
Back to top Go down
Carole
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Carole

PostSubject: Re: Back from Conquest - Any Questions?   Back from Conquest - Any Questions? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 9:48 pm

I went out and told them that some people are sleeping and they shouldn't be yelling in the halls, regardless. They went and told mamma but I don't care. Mamma never came to see me. Smile
Back to top Go down
PRTTravel
Travel Agent and Bi-Lingual Host
Travel Agent and Bi-Lingual Host

Number of posts : 303
Registration date : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Back from Conquest - Any Questions?   Back from Conquest - Any Questions? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 9:54 pm

Good for you, Carole!

Were the drunks college-aged? I booked my cousin and a bunch of his friends on the Norwegian Majesty for their Spring Break the week of 3/7. I have more leaving on the Enchantment of the Seas the week of 3/29. Good advice about drinking!

Candy santa
Back to top Go down
Carole
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Carole

PostSubject: Re: Back from Conquest - Any Questions?   Back from Conquest - Any Questions? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 11:15 pm

there were older kids that were drunk, but these were about 16 or so. Very sad.
Didn't ruin MY vacation but I am sure they will have and did have, headaches. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Back from Conquest - Any Questions?   Back from Conquest - Any Questions? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 8:25 am

on the holiday cruise we had 10-11 year olds that weren't drunk but just nasty little s.o.b.'s. they took the decorations off peoples doors. some of them they just stomped on and left them at the doors. the lady next to us had a pad and pen stuck to her door and they would write nasty disgusting notes on it. they were just little animals. running all over knocking into you and pushing all the elevator buttons and running. i have a pretty sailor type mouth when i want and i couldn't believe the way these kids talked. remember the good old days when you could have grabbed them by the scruff of the neck and brought them back to their parents and their parents would have beat the crap out of them? no more.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Back from Conquest - Any Questions?   Back from Conquest - Any Questions? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Back from Conquest - Any Questions?
Page 1 of 1