Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nick's Restaurant Review - Angelo of Mulberry Street

Go down 
+2
Big Red Robyn
PRTTravel
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Nick's Restaurant Review - Angelo of Mulberry Street Empty
PostSubject: Nick's Restaurant Review - Angelo of Mulberry Street   Nick's Restaurant Review - Angelo of Mulberry Street Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 11:24 am

Once again my services to be the Cruise Freek NYC restaurant tester are being called upon. I'm previewing Italian restaurants in Little Italy for the Caribbean Princess group sailing during 4th of July week in 2010.

Tonight's destination (March 21, 2009): Angelo of Mulberry Street

Review to be posted soon.
Back to top Go down
PRTTravel
Travel Agent and Bi-Lingual Host

Number of posts : 303
Registration date : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Nick's Restaurant Review - Angelo of Mulberry Street   Nick's Restaurant Review - Angelo of Mulberry Street Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 11:42 am

Ooh. Yum. I won't be going to restaurants like that for quite a while, being gall bladder-less.

Did you know that you can earn money for writing restaurant reviews? www.associatedcontent.com and www.epinions.com. Hey-- you can use the $$ you earn towards a future cruise!

Can santa
Back to top Go down
Big Red Robyn
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
Big Red Robyn

Number of posts : 408
Registration date : 2008-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Nick's Restaurant Review - Angelo of Mulberry Street   Nick's Restaurant Review - Angelo of Mulberry Street Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 11:47 am

PRTTravel wrote:
Ooh. Yum. I won't be going to restaurants like that for quite a while, being gall bladder-less.

Did you know that you can earn money for writing restaurant reviews? www.associatedcontent.com and www.epinions.com. Hey-- you can use the $$ you earn towards a future cruise!

Can santa

Can, have you read Nick's past reviews?? Razz Here's are the links and be ready to laugh!! Wink

Tony Di Napoli
https://cruisefreekforums.forumotion.com/royal-caribbean-f12/tony-di-napoli-s-nick-s-review-for-christmas-2010-t1951.htm

Carmines (this one is hysterical)
https://cruisefreekforums.forumotion.com/royal-caribbean-f12/nick-s-review-of-carmines-time-square-t2034.htm

Rock Center Cafe
https://cruisefreekforums.forumotion.com/royal-caribbean-f12/nick-s-review-of-rock-center-cafe-t2142.htm
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nick's Restaurant Review - Angelo of Mulberry Street   Nick's Restaurant Review - Angelo of Mulberry Street Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 12:16 pm

nick - we should meet for dinner. or maybe i'll just stalk you from another table.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nick's Restaurant Review - Angelo of Mulberry Street   Nick's Restaurant Review - Angelo of Mulberry Street Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 12:17 pm

then we could 2 versions of the review
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Nick's Review   Nick's Restaurant Review - Angelo of Mulberry Street Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 4:51 pm

Cuisine: Italian
Nick's Rating (4 out of 5): :eat: :eat: :eat: :eat:

Review:
I will once again preface my review by telling you that being of Italian-American decent, going out for Italian food always comes with very high standards to match. Nothing is
ever going to compare to my Mom or Grandmother's homemade food.

This was a last minute assignment and, being a loyal Cruise Freek, I gladly accepted it without complaint. Tonight's assignment is to begin assessing restaurants in New York City's Little Italy for our upcoming group for 4th of July week in 2010 as part of the pre-cruise package.

If you aren't familiar with New York City's Little Italy, I must sadly tell you it is just a shadow of it's former self. Down to a mere few blocks, it's a disappearing part of New York City history. However, it is here that you will find some of the best Italian restaurants in Manhattan. Of course, there are wonderful Italian restaurants around the entire city but, given the concentration of Italian restaurants one must be better than the next to obtain the necessary clients to keep the establishment going year after year.

Tonight's assignment - Angelo of Mulberry Street. This was my first time to this restaurant and, I was joined by my lovely wife Leanna and, for an added twist, my parents. We arrived at 7:25 pm for our 7:30 reservation and were immediately seated.
We were given our menus and as usual, I began my search of the wine menu first.

Your boy Nick here was a happy camper Very Happy You know the wine list is extensive when you see Cristal ~ Louis Roederer and Gaja Barolo Sperss on the list! Alas, we did restrain ourselves from ordering these $300 bottle gems, it was a wonderful to see them on the list. Instead we ordered a slightly more modest bottle of Antinori Tignanello at $160. Of course, the list does feature more reasonably priced wines starting around $30 a bottle.

After ordering our bottle of wine, we began perusing the very extensive, not to mention mouth watering dinner menu. It was a mind-blowing experience trying to decide between specials such as Gamberi e Calamari Fradiavolo (Shrimp and Calamari in a Spicy Tomato Sauce) or classics such as Petti di Polio alla Parmigiana (Breast of Chicken Parmigiana Style).

As appetiters we ordered: Antipasto all' Italiana (Assorted cold cuts mozzarella and cheese) and Antipasto Caldo all'Angelo (Stuffed Pepper, Baked Mussels, Clams, Eggplant, Rollatines, Stuffed Mushrooms) for the entire table. Absolutely delicious and it received praise from both my Mother and Father! So far we're very, very happy!

On to the main courses: My Dad ordered Linguine alle Vongole In Fresh Clam Sauce; My Mom ordered Dentice Brodetto Bianco (Red Snapper with White Wine and Garlic); Leanna ordered Petti di Polio Marsala e Funghi (Breast of Chicken with Marsala and Mushrooms) and I rounded out the order with Rigatoni alla Vodka (Rigatoni With Vodka Sauce). And, we all shared and tasted each dish. Absolutely wonderful - in fact, FLAWLESS and this is coming from me AND MORE IMPORTANTLY MY PARENTS!! I've never had Italian food this close to homemade - this place has indeed become a "find"!

The restaurant itself isn't big and, it hurts me beyond belief that I cannot recommend this restaurant to our Caribbean Princess group because it is doubtful, very doubtful they would be able to accommodate such a large party as we are anticipating Sad . It was a nice mix of both New Yorkers and tourists but, it is small and it is loud.

However, your boy Nick will not give up! I will find the perfect restaurant for the group but, this trip to Manhattan from Staten Island was not in vain. I now have a new personal favorite in Little Italy and, will eagerly recommend it to individuals or small parties who are in the area time and time again.

Ok Tina bring on the next restaurant! I'm ready! :eat:
Back to top Go down
PRTTravel

Number of posts : 303
Registration date : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Nick's Restaurant Review - Angelo of Mulberry Street   Nick's Restaurant Review - Angelo of Mulberry Street Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 5:41 pm

Great review, Nick! You made me hungry, that's for sure.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nick's Restaurant Review - Angelo of Mulberry Street   Nick's Restaurant Review - Angelo of Mulberry Street Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 5:52 pm

Nick...I love Pat's idea about you and Leanna meeting up with her and getting 2 separate reviews. I think that would be awesome! 2 distinct and different points of view.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nick's Restaurant Review - Angelo of Mulberry Street   Nick's Restaurant Review - Angelo of Mulberry Street Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 5:54 pm

i offered. and i have pretty good table manners nick.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nick's Restaurant Review - Angelo of Mulberry Street   Nick's Restaurant Review - Angelo of Mulberry Street Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 5:57 pm

oesnjstar wrote:
i offered. and i have pretty good table manners nick.

Maybe you scare Nick affraid
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nick's Restaurant Review - Angelo of Mulberry Street   Nick's Restaurant Review - Angelo of Mulberry Street Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 5:58 pm

i am pretty scary
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nick's Restaurant Review - Angelo of Mulberry Street   Nick's Restaurant Review - Angelo of Mulberry Street Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 5:59 pm

Nick...you up to the challenge? Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nick's Restaurant Review - Angelo of Mulberry Street   Nick's Restaurant Review - Angelo of Mulberry Street Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 5:59 pm

why don't we all just go to nicks for some pasta. it's only a ferry ride over.
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Nick's Restaurant Review - Angelo of Mulberry Street   Nick's Restaurant Review - Angelo of Mulberry Street Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 6:06 pm

If you are slingin' around $160 bottles of wine...I'll pass on being at your dinner table!
Back to top Go down
http://cruise-aritaville.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Nick's Restaurant Review - Angelo of Mulberry Street   Nick's Restaurant Review - Angelo of Mulberry Street Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 7:03 pm

i ain't paying for alcohol - i don't drink.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nick's Restaurant Review - Angelo of Mulberry Street   Nick's Restaurant Review - Angelo of Mulberry Street Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 7:04 pm

notice the writing of the review - so professional like it was written by hemingway.
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

PostSubject: Re: Nick's Restaurant Review - Angelo of Mulberry Street   Nick's Restaurant Review - Angelo of Mulberry Street Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 9:12 pm

....or Doug Heffernan....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nick's Restaurant Review - Angelo of Mulberry Street   Nick's Restaurant Review - Angelo of Mulberry Street Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 12:34 pm

Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nick's Restaurant Review - Angelo of Mulberry Street   Nick's Restaurant Review - Angelo of Mulberry Street Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 12:34 pm

The problem is that I'm such a goof-ball people forget there is actually a functioning brain in my head Wink
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

PostSubject: Re: Nick's Restaurant Review - Angelo of Mulberry Street   Nick's Restaurant Review - Angelo of Mulberry Street Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 2:30 pm

Nick Needs To Know wrote:
The problem is that I'm such a goof-ball people forget there is actually a functioning brain in my head Wink

There is? Functioning? Who knew! cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nick's Restaurant Review - Angelo of Mulberry Street   Nick's Restaurant Review - Angelo of Mulberry Street Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 2:39 pm

Pat...have you noticed that Nick is avoiding your challenge of doing a review together....he must be scared your review would be better than his! Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nick's Restaurant Review - Angelo of Mulberry Street   Nick's Restaurant Review - Angelo of Mulberry Street Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 3:07 pm

i don't know penny - his english does seem to be better than mine. even i'm willing to admit that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nick's Restaurant Review - Angelo of Mulberry Street   Nick's Restaurant Review - Angelo of Mulberry Street Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 3:10 pm

oesnjstar wrote:
i don't know penny - his english does seem to be better than mine. even i'm willing to admit that.
''

Well there has to be a reason he hasnt replied...he always replies to everything.
Back to top Go down
dream2cruise
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
dream2cruise

Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Nick's Restaurant Review - Angelo of Mulberry Street   Nick's Restaurant Review - Angelo of Mulberry Street Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 3:32 pm

Nick, fantastic review!!!!

I have been to little italy many times, I will certainly try Angelos
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nick's Restaurant Review - Angelo of Mulberry Street   Nick's Restaurant Review - Angelo of Mulberry Street Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 3:35 pm

Aurea, it was a very pleasant surprise, you won't be disappointed!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nick's Restaurant Review - Angelo of Mulberry Street   Nick's Restaurant Review - Angelo of Mulberry Street Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nick's Restaurant Review - Angelo of Mulberry Street
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next