Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RCCL takes a sideswipe at DCL ;-)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

RCCL takes a sideswipe at DCL  ;-) Empty
PostSubject: RCCL takes a sideswipe at DCL ;-)   RCCL takes a sideswipe at DCL  ;-) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 8:23 pm

Okay, so they didn't exactly call-out DCL for a knock down drag out fight ... but all the same ... they announced today a partnership for land/sea options with UNIVERSAL ORLANDO. You can combine a 3, 4 or 7 night Bahamas or Caribbean cruise out of Port Canaveral with a 3 or 4 night stay at Universal.
Back to top Go down
chrystine
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
chrystine

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2008-12-10

PostSubject: Re: RCCL takes a sideswipe at DCL ;-)   RCCL takes a sideswipe at DCL  ;-) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 9:41 pm

Very interesting and smart Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RCCL takes a sideswipe at DCL ;-)   RCCL takes a sideswipe at DCL  ;-) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 9:48 pm

How did I miss this????? Shocked Shocked Shocked

I have got to work less, read more. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Love2Hula
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Love2Hula

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: RCCL takes a sideswipe at DCL ;-)   RCCL takes a sideswipe at DCL  ;-) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 2:42 pm

That's great! This is something we would definitely be interested in. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RCCL takes a sideswipe at DCL ;-)   RCCL takes a sideswipe at DCL  ;-) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 3:05 pm

it does appear to have a lot more flexibility that DCL's land/sea packages.....

and they do directly compare themselves to DCL land/sea Wink
Back to top Go down
dagadget

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: RCCL takes a sideswipe at DCL ;-)   RCCL takes a sideswipe at DCL  ;-) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 7:59 pm

crusinmama06 wrote:
How did I miss this????? Shocked Shocked Shocked

I have got to work less, read more. Laughing

I have the same problem reading more and working less is a good plan. This seems to be a good wat to get Disney to drop prices too. If you take some business away that will always get a reaction
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RCCL takes a sideswipe at DCL ;-)   RCCL takes a sideswipe at DCL  ;-) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 8:08 pm

I don't know if it'll work in getting DCL to reduce prices ... but if it does, GREAT!!! Wink Disney's attitude tends to run counter to what we'd expect. They don't view themselves as a cruise company, and they don't feel they are in DIRECT competition with out cruise lines. They view themselves as an overall ENTERTAINMENT company and the cruise line is considered a SMALL piece of that. In the corporate structure, the cruise line falls UNDER Walt Disney World. That's why it's taken them over 10 years to consider expanding and getting more ships......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RCCL takes a sideswipe at DCL ;-)   RCCL takes a sideswipe at DCL  ;-) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 12:06 am

Many moons ago, Carnival Cruise Line offered the packages with Universal it did not seem to effect the pricing for Disney. For my clients, it seems that if they want Disney vacation, they are willing to pay for Disney. In my opinion, Disney is just not my choice.

I hope that the Universal option with RCCL goes over better than the one with Carnival. But, I am a big RCCL fan.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RCCL takes a sideswipe at DCL ;-)   RCCL takes a sideswipe at DCL  ;-) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RCCL takes a sideswipe at DCL ;-)
Page 1 of 1