Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Grandchildren's Cruise

Go down 
+4
NDJollyMon
Admin
taurus988
dream2cruise
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Grandchildren's Cruise - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grandchildren's Cruise   Grandchildren's Cruise - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 10:16 am

Greta or Susan, is there a passenger minimum in those cabins? Does it have to be 5? Do they accept 4? You don't know how many times we have argued about having one bathroom in the cabin. Laughing
Back to top Go down
dream2cruise
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
dream2cruise

Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Grandchildren's Cruise   Grandchildren's Cruise - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 10:52 am

I am going to check up on Carnival Dream
Back to top Go down
Greta
Travel Agent
Travel Agent

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2008-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Grandchildren's Cruise   Grandchildren's Cruise - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 11:01 am

It is my understanding that the category Deluxe Ocean View is the one with the double bathroom. I don't think there is a minimum requirement. I just know that at several meetings I've been to this is something they are making sure we know about.
Back to top Go down
http://www.purpleparrottravel.com
Greta
Travel Agent
Travel Agent

PostSubject: Re: Grandchildren's Cruise   Grandchildren's Cruise - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 11:07 am

I believe it is category 6B.
Back to top Go down
dream2cruise
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
dream2cruise

PostSubject: Re: Grandchildren's Cruise   Grandchildren's Cruise - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 12:33 pm

i called Carnival and I was quoted the following for the Dream

879pp 1st and 2nd and 429pp for the 3rd, 4th and 5th person.

it has 5 beds, 1 full size bathroom, the 2nd bathroom has a junior tub.

i was not very impressed with the customet service
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grandchildren's Cruise   Grandchildren's Cruise - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 12:48 pm

dream2cruise wrote:
i called Carnival and I was quoted the following for the Dream

879pp 1st and 2nd and 429pp for the 3rd, 4th and 5th person.

it has 5 beds, 1 full size bathroom, the 2nd bathroom has a junior tub.

i was not very impressed with the customet service

What week?

And I am never impressed by any cruiseline's customer service from their phone reps. Wink
Back to top Go down
dream2cruise
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
dream2cruise

PostSubject: Re: Grandchildren's Cruise   Grandchildren's Cruise - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 1:05 pm

she gave an example of the week of 4/17
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grandchildren's Cruise   Grandchildren's Cruise - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 1:08 pm

and it is 5 twin beds ... you cannot convert 2 beds into a queen/king ... in our last update from our Carnival BDM I thought she did say you had to have 5 people to book these rooms because there are not a lot of them on the ship.
Back to top Go down
Greta
Travel Agent
Travel Agent

PostSubject: Re: Grandchildren's Cruise   Grandchildren's Cruise - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 1:13 pm

I did a "booking" with just 2 and was able to get the 6B cat. I am hoping to meet with my BDM next week will let you know what she says.
Back to top Go down
Greta
Travel Agent
Travel Agent

PostSubject: Re: Grandchildren's Cruise   Grandchildren's Cruise - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 1:15 pm

Ivanova wrote:
and it is 5 twin beds ... you cannot convert 2 beds into a queen/king ... in our last update from our Carnival BDM I thought she did say you had to have 5 people to book these rooms because there are not a lot of them on the ship.

Now that is funny Susan because it was implied at my meeting that it was covertable twins, sofa and upper berth.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grandchildren's Cruise   Grandchildren's Cruise - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 1:29 pm

I just shot an email to my BDM asking her to clarify....
Back to top Go down
dream2cruise
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
dream2cruise

PostSubject: Re: Grandchildren's Cruise   Grandchildren's Cruise - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 1:56 pm

the rep said it was actual beds and you do not need to have 5 people, unless she
gave me bad info
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grandchildren's Cruise   Grandchildren's Cruise - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 3:37 pm

she's probably right - and I might have misunderstood my BDM (or she had bad info) - I'm still waiting to hear back from her.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grandchildren's Cruise   Grandchildren's Cruise - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 4:19 pm

Okay, response from my BDM is.....

6D are the 5-person rooms with the split bathrooms. They are 5 twin beds, none can be converted to queens. And you must book 5 people into the room, no fewer than that.
Back to top Go down
taurus988
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
taurus988

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2008-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Grandchildren's Cruise   Grandchildren's Cruise - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 4:21 pm

Okay.. I have to ask... Susan - what is a BDM ?

::thinking DM = District Manager ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grandchildren's Cruise   Grandchildren's Cruise - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 4:32 pm

business development manager
Back to top Go down
HelenB
Resident Expert Family Cruising
HelenB

Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Grandchildren's Cruise   Grandchildren's Cruise - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 5:18 pm

This is interesting... reminds my of the Celebrity family staterooms, although those have one double/queen bed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mommycruises.com

PostSubject: Re: Grandchildren's Cruise   Grandchildren's Cruise - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 5:22 pm

also reminds me of the Disney Cruise Line rooms with the split baths ... which is standard in category 10 and up ... the only catch with DCL is you have to book cat 4 in order to sleep 5. Sad
Back to top Go down
dream2cruise
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
dream2cruise

PostSubject: Re: Grandchildren's Cruise   Grandchildren's Cruise - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 5:50 pm

Disney is an awesome cruiseline for kids but soooo expensive!!!

i wonder if they will ever become more reasonable
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grandchildren's Cruise   Grandchildren's Cruise - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 5:55 pm

dream2cruise wrote:
Disney is an awesome cruiseline for kids but soooo expensive!!!

i wonder if they will ever become more reasonable
lol! Yeah, I don't think so. DLR and WDW have never come down in pricing ... and with only 2 cruise ships (to be 4 by 2012) I think they'll still be higher priced than other cruise lines.
Back to top Go down
dream2cruise
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
dream2cruise

PostSubject: Re: Grandchildren's Cruise   Grandchildren's Cruise - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 6:18 pm

I know I will take my grandkids on a cruise, unfortunately it wont be with Disney
until the prices drop, with that said it will be never
Back to top Go down
mpg1226
Travel Agent
Travel Agent
mpg1226

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Grandchildren's Cruise   Grandchildren's Cruise - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 9:50 am

Getting in on this one a bit late but on the CCL Dream, the category 6D is the cabin that will accommodate 5 with twins (not convertible to a king), single sofa bed and 2 uppers. They are the green cabins on the Riviera Deck and since there are only 20, they will not take less than 5 in the cabin.

Category 6B, 6C and 6D have the split bathrooms with the full bath with shower and then a separate "washroom" with sink and junior tub. Sounds like only 1 toilet, though.

Had a meeting with my BDM last week and these are a great hit with families.

Just an FYI, if you want to plan a family group with the grand children, when I checked last, Carnival was not allowing us to hold ANY oceanview cabins in the group allotment- only inside and balcony.

For anyone in the NY area, there are 2 sailings on the Dream (8 nites each) on Nov 15, 2009 and Nov 23, 2009 going from NYC to FL and the Bahamas. Right now, they are offering some good pricing on the Dream for the 11/15/09 date. No 6D's are available on this sailing but the Early Saver Fares are still available and are really great pricing. (Past guest discounts are also available)

I will be looking to take out a small group on that date for my agency and would be able to open it up to any Cruise Freek Members interested.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myvacationlady.com
HelenB
HelenB

Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Grandchildren's Cruise   Grandchildren's Cruise - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 12:04 am

Ivanova wrote:
also reminds me of the Disney Cruise Line rooms with the split baths ... which is standard in category 10 and up ... the only catch with DCL is you have to book cat 4 in order to sleep 5. Sad

What they don't tell you is that it's often cheaper to book 2 connecting cat 10 cabins with 2 split baths (4 pieces total) than a family suite.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mommycruises.com

PostSubject: Re: Grandchildren's Cruise   Grandchildren's Cruise - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 12:12 am

Almost always!!
Back to top Go down
mpg1226
Travel Agent
Travel Agent
mpg1226

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Grandchildren's Cruise   Grandchildren's Cruise - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 11:45 am

Only problem with booking the 2 cat 10's instead of a family suite comes in if you are booking the Disney World portion of the 7 nite land/sea package. The cat 10 has the lower level hotels included.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myvacationlady.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grandchildren's Cruise   Grandchildren's Cruise - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grandchildren's Cruise
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next