Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Help with the Brain Fade today....

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
taurus988
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
taurus988

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2008-08-25

Help with the Brain Fade today.... Empty
PostSubject: Help with the Brain Fade today....   Help with the Brain Fade today.... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 1:43 pm

I was thinking that there was some other contest that was ending the same time as Ron's Booh contest...to be announced 3/16/09. But I can't remember what it was?

Anybody help me remember??

(yeah, yeah... I'm getting old, too!)
Back to top Go down
lordoftime
First Mate
First Mate
lordoftime

Number of posts : 567
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Help with the Brain Fade today....   Help with the Brain Fade today.... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 1:50 pm

Well old Lady there is
Contest to win a Spanish DVD ?
Contest to win a bottle of wine from Susan for the Sci Fi cruise ?
the two that end at the same time are The World Cruise and The Oz cruise , that is the sum of my memory bank .
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
taurus988
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
taurus988

PostSubject: Re: Help with the Brain Fade today....   Help with the Brain Fade today.... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 1:52 pm

Hmmm..
Might be the Sci Fi thing.... not really sure, tho.

Thanks for sharing your memory banks!

I know the The World Cruise and The Oz cruise end at the same time and don't end until November..

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
lordoftime
First Mate
First Mate
lordoftime

PostSubject: Re: Help with the Brain Fade today....   Help with the Brain Fade today.... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 1:56 pm

taurus988 wrote:
Hmmm..
Might be the Sci Fi thing.... not really sure, tho.

Thanks for sharing your memory banks!

I know the The World Cruise and The Oz cruise end at the same time and don't end until November..

Very Happy

Nick Will have had time to circumnavigate Australia several times over by November and I think the Carpets on the QM2 will be worn out too Very Happy
Back to top Go down
taurus988
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
taurus988

PostSubject: Re: Help with the Brain Fade today....   Help with the Brain Fade today.... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 1:57 pm

Good point.
But I like that it lasts sooo long....perhaps several others will have lost interest in the contest by then...fewer of us hanging around....better opportunity to win?!
Back to top Go down
lordoftime
First Mate
First Mate
lordoftime

PostSubject: Re: Help with the Brain Fade today....   Help with the Brain Fade today.... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 2:16 pm

Good point too .

There was a hint of another membership drive contest in a mail from Tina a while back but it has not materialized yet to my knowledge. There was only supposed to be two contests for 2009, we are already up to 4 cruises plus a couple of smaller ones. It is hard to keep up for an old guy.
Back to top Go down
taurus988
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
taurus988

PostSubject: Re: Help with the Brain Fade today....   Help with the Brain Fade today.... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 2:18 pm

YEAH... but You're doing a great job of it, Tony!

Smile
Back to top Go down
lordoftime
First Mate
First Mate
lordoftime

PostSubject: Re: Help with the Brain Fade today....   Help with the Brain Fade today.... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 2:21 pm

Oh and I forgot the most important one , who can guess the most OZ clues first Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help with the Brain Fade today....   Help with the Brain Fade today.... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 2:21 pm

you want us to think you're a feeble old man so we'll feel sorry for you and let you win - no way
Back to top Go down
taurus988
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
taurus988

PostSubject: Re: Help with the Brain Fade today....   Help with the Brain Fade today.... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 2:22 pm

Definitely THE most important...well, to the 4 of us, anyway! LOL
Back to top Go down
lordoftime
First Mate
First Mate
lordoftime

PostSubject: Re: Help with the Brain Fade today....   Help with the Brain Fade today.... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 2:25 pm

oesnjstar wrote:
you want us to think you're a feeble old man so we'll feel sorry for you and let you win - no way

Pam is letting us have a free-er shot next week.
Back to top Go down
taurus988
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
taurus988

PostSubject: Re: Help with the Brain Fade today....   Help with the Brain Fade today.... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 2:28 pm

Yep.. as long as I remember not to look on Tues... LOL

Just kidding... I will try not to win 2 weeks in a row. <--that sounds fair to me.

Tony - forgive me if I have asked before (and forgot) but are you at work - if so, what do you do? or are you pleasantly retired??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help with the Brain Fade today....   Help with the Brain Fade today.... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 2:42 pm

pam - a contest is a contest. don't sit out because i'm too competitive to sit out
Back to top Go down
taurus988
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
taurus988

PostSubject: Re: Help with the Brain Fade today....   Help with the Brain Fade today.... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 2:48 pm

LOL
It's more of a speed contest....and luck if you happen to be lurking around whenever Tina posts the clue. I'm glad that she posts at different times, tho... makes it more interesting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help with the Brain Fade today....   Help with the Brain Fade today.... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 3:14 pm

yeah you never know when the clue will pop up
Back to top Go down
lordoftime
First Mate
First Mate
lordoftime

PostSubject: Re: Help with the Brain Fade today....   Help with the Brain Fade today.... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 3:32 pm

taurus988 wrote:

Just kidding... I will try not to win 2 weeks in a row. <--that sounds fair to me.

Tony - forgive me if I have asked before (and forgot) but are you at work - if so, what do you do? or are you pleasantly retired??

I thought you were not around on Tuesday , I agree with Pat you shouldn't sit it out because you won this week ! I will be on vacation in two weeks time near Charleston actually . Might go to the hauned restaurant. affraid

Yes I am at work , I don't go on the computer much at home since I sit infront of it all virtually all day. I work in Aerospace as an Engineer at Bombardier in Montreal. We are the third largest maker of commercial aircraft in the world after Boeing and Airbus. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help with the Brain Fade today....   Help with the Brain Fade today.... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 4:19 pm

tony - what kind of software do you use for that?
Back to top Go down
taurus988
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
taurus988

PostSubject: Re: Help with the Brain Fade today....   Help with the Brain Fade today.... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 4:49 pm

lordoftime wrote:
taurus988 wrote:

I thought you were not around on Tuesday , I agree with Pat you shouldn't sit it out because you won this week ! I will be on vacation in two weeks time near Charleston actually . Might go to the hauned restaurant. affraid

Yes I am at work , I don't go on the computer much at home since I sit infront of it all virtually all day. I work in Aerospace as an Engineer at Bombardier in Montreal. We are the third largest maker of commercial aircraft in the world after Boeing and Airbus. Very Happy

Wow - Cool job! Shocked SO, do you get a discounted rate to fly on any of the planes you helped to design? Think that would be fun! I did some work -many, many years ago - at General Electric - creating and installing the wire harnessing for airplane control panels. That was on a government contract...boy did we have to go through all this security clearance stuff then!

I agree with you about being on computer all day at work, and not so much at home.
Back to top Go down
taurus988
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
taurus988

PostSubject: Re: Help with the Brain Fade today....   Help with the Brain Fade today.... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 4:51 pm

You'll have to report on any places you go in Charleston that might be of interest to any of us here.....I'm not mentioning anything about anything on here... Smile

You should look up Ron & go to lunch!
Back to top Go down
lordoftime
First Mate
First Mate
lordoftime

PostSubject: Re: Help with the Brain Fade today....   Help with the Brain Fade today.... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 4:51 pm

oesnjstar wrote:
tony - what kind of software do you use for that?

Many different types actually , large finite element packages and complex simulation software (matlab) for simulating the flight of the aircraft.
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Help with the Brain Fade today....   Help with the Brain Fade today.... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 4:53 pm

taurus988 wrote:

I hear Taco Bell is nice.... Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://cruise-aritaville.blogspot.com/
taurus988
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
taurus988

PostSubject: Re: Help with the Brain Fade today....   Help with the Brain Fade today.... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 4:53 pm

So, you actually play video games all day.. I see...
Back to top Go down
lordoftime
First Mate
First Mate
lordoftime

PostSubject: Re: Help with the Brain Fade today....   Help with the Brain Fade today.... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 4:55 pm

taurus988 wrote:

Wow - Cool job! Shocked SO, do you get a discounted rate to fly on any of the planes you helped to design? Think that would be fun! I did some work -many, many years ago - at General Electric - creating and installing the wire harnessing for airplane control panels. That was on a government contract...boy did we have to go through all this security clearance stuff then!
I agree with you about being on computer all day at work, and not so much at home.

No we don't get any reduced airfares Sad
Yeah working on Military planes does have extra constraints.
Back to top Go down
lordoftime
First Mate
First Mate
lordoftime

PostSubject: Re: Help with the Brain Fade today....   Help with the Brain Fade today.... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 5:16 pm

taurus988 wrote:
You'll have to report on any places you go in Charleston that might be of interest to any of us here.....I'm not mentioning anything about anything on here... Smile

We are at Hilton Head a few hours from Charleston so we would only visit for 1 day at the most and so only likely eat at one place and that will have to be the haunted one since we will have some of our grandkids with us. Wouldn't want to scare them with Ron. affraid
Back to top Go down
lordoftime
First Mate
First Mate
lordoftime

PostSubject: Re: Help with the Brain Fade today....   Help with the Brain Fade today.... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 5:19 pm

taurus988 wrote:
So, you actually play video games all day.. I see...

No I get other people to play them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help with the Brain Fade today....   Help with the Brain Fade today.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help with the Brain Fade today....
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next