Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz   Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 10:06 pm

Arriving back at the Cozumel Port - Grandeur was still parked next to Indy

Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz - Page 2 0b3e0bfe

That night, (2nd formal night) the waiters had planned to surprise my oldest with a Happy Birthday pie. She is turning 9 this Sunday, but they helped us celebrate it on the cruise. The Assistant waiter Kemar and Head Waiter Jason gathered a group for her....

Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz - Page 2 39e28eb4

She ate ravioli 5 of the 6 nights, I swear

Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz - Page 2 258f120d

Devils with the red dress on.

Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz - Page 2 1a0e357f
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz   Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 10:09 pm

So on to other acitivities in this review - PIRATE PARADE - Kids ages 3-5 and 6-8

The Pirate Parade has been changed. At least on the Freedom class, no more parade through the late seating dinner. The counselors told me that the "other passengers were annoyed by it"

So the kids "take over the theatre" now. They have to be signed into AO by 8pm (better to take them earlier to get the makeup on). By 8:30 they go on stage during the main seating show. Then they do their dance and they continue to march out into the Promenade and they do their act again in front of Sorrento's.

I found a Pirate costume after Halloween for a pretty cheap price. So my youngest was thrilled to have her own costume.

And some things never change. Some grumpy old bitty got off the elevator and walked past the AO pirate kids waiting with the counselor to get into another elevator. She said "I came on this cruise to get away from THAT". I heard this and said "You picked the wrong cruiseline." and then turned to my husband and said "I came on this cruise to get away from grumpy people, guess it didn't work"

Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz - Page 2 3cafb66f

Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz - Page 2 304

Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz - Page 2 302
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz   Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 10:10 pm

Day 6 -

LAST Sea Day - Time to do everything we didn't get a chance to do

So today was our last chance to do the things we didn't get to do.

So that meant - ICE SKATING

There were times throughout the morning and afternoon for ice skating. They are divided into 45 minute sessions. They had "Advanced Skating session" for those who were skilled and brought their own skates. They had "Open Skating" for those who needed to rent skates. The ice rink accepts 50 people at a time. So we arrived about 5 minutes before the scheduled session. No problem, walked right in. Signed our lives away and swore we wouldn't sue Royal Caribbean if something happened.

They have skates to fit SMALL children's fit. There were kids that were 3 years old and were trying to skate with their parents. I stayed on the sidelines with my 4 year old. We have skating around here so I didn't want to break my leg so far from home.

But I promised my 8 year old...so...

Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz - Page 2 310

Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz - Page 2 313
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz   Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 10:14 pm

ROCK WALL CLIMBING

Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz - Page 2 318

After ice skating, we raced (literally) up to the Rock Climbing Wall because at 2pm, they were going to have an "Adult Speed Climb" and that would have ruled out my daughter.

Minimum age to climb the wall - Age 6

They have teen climbs, adult speed climbs and kid climbs. But we just visited during "Open Climb"

So, MORE signing. No we won't sue Royal Caribbean. We were given a harness, a helmet and some shoes. You must have socks with you to climb.

So it's time to get hooked up....

Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz - Page 2 320

Just move one foot...

Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz - Page 2 321

"Um, mom, it's getting FREAKY up here!"

Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz - Page 2 324

Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz - Page 2 322

Missed it by that much.

Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz - Page 2 326
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz   Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 10:18 pm

Time to say goodbye to the rest of the ship....

Bye Bye Drink of the Day Guy

Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz - Page 2 101

Bye Bye Basketball Court

Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz - Page 2 317

Bye Bye H20 zone all lit up at night

Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz - Page 2 113

Bye Bye Promenade

Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz - Page 2 057

Bye Bye Towel Animals - I think this was a turtle...lol

Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz - Page 2 1d6eb67a

Bye Bye Aft Balcony and beautiful weather (the poor kid was so sad)

Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz - Page 2 340

We will miss you Independence - we hope to meet again one day.
Back to top Go down
dream2cruise
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
dream2cruise

Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz   Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 10:34 pm

what beautifull girls you have!!!!
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz   Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 10:54 pm

Great review...........i'm glad ur weather was good.........ours STUNK....we were on Jewel 1/30 and missed Labadee and the rest of the week was somewhat gloomy....but still came home with tan....

You were with Miracle in one port and we had Miracle in grand Cayman with us!

j
Back to top Go down
barbeeAL
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz   Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 9:49 am

Great review , Beautiful pix

Love you room at the Westinm, will have to add to our must do's
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz   Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 1:16 pm

Thanks Aurea. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Jul - it was cold...but not gloomy. We had perfect weather in Belize. And I guess that if we would have left the port at Costa Maya (and away from the wind off of the ocean) then it would have been hot there too. So does Jewel have an indoor heated pool? That's what we needed on Indy. Laughing

Barb - yep Westin was a pleasant surprise. And we even had an American Idol at the hotel. Very Happy We were waiting to get on the elevator when this entourage (only word to describe it) of people stepped out of the elevator and they looked like they had stepped off the pages of Vogue. The guy waiting behind me said "That's David from American Idol". As soon as he said it, a woman in her 40's went running after the group. Laughing I learned when we got back that the "American Idol experience" in Disney was having it's grand opening. I guess they one of them decided to stay in "Hollywood Florida" instand of Orlando.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz   Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 2:24 pm

michele - since seeing your review of that ship all weekend i have been seeing what i am going to do. i am definitely taking my niece for summer 2010. she would be about 10 then and she is so well behaved and loves to experience new things so i thing she would go out of her mind when she sees it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz   Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 2:25 pm

i'm already shopping for formal dresses when i realize i don't have children and don't know what size a 10 year old would wear. she is of average size - not chunky or not thin so i don't know these things
Back to top Go down
lolomeme
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
lolomeme

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz   Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 4:24 pm

Michelle, I really enjoyed your review! Your daughters are beautiful. Enjoy them now, for they will grow up so fast. We will be on the Carnival Glory in March doing those same ports, however we are not the grumpy old people that you ran into. You should have suggested to them to try HAL, there are mostly all old people on those ships. We are so glad that you had a great time, and thanks again for the great review!
Lois
Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz - Page 2 Event

Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz - Page 2 Ticker
Back to top Go down
taurus988
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
taurus988

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2008-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz   Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 4:30 pm

Michele,

Really enjoyed your review & photos (your girls are gorgeous!)

Thanks for posting!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz   Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 11:10 pm

oesnjstar wrote:
i'm already shopping for formal dresses when i realize i don't have children and don't know what size a 10 year old would wear. she is of average size - not chunky or not thin so i don't know these things

Well for my 9 year old, I bought dresses in a size 10. Very Happy

I use a ebay seller for the girl's dresses. They have new formals starting at $9.99

http://myworld.ebay.com/butterflyxc
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz   Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 3:09 am

Hi Michelle,

I always love your reviews. They are just like being there with you and your family. Since I have two girls about the same age as your girls, I can so relate to the excitement you bring to your reviews.

Thanks for sharing and especially for letting us take a look at your pictures.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz   Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 3:13 am

crusinmama06 wrote:
Day 5 - Cozumel, Mexico

We awake to the sight of RCCL Grandeur being parked into our backyard
: - )
Passion Island

Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz - Page 2 261

Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz - Page 2 D9d4e552

Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz - Page 2 C25636c3

Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz - Page 2 5c1f102d

Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz - Page 2 3a4f0c59

Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz - Page 2 A0bc3676

Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz - Page 2 144aab6c

Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz - Page 2 D34fe8de

Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz - Page 2 9af242cb

Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz - Page 2 744488e9

Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz - Page 2 A21269a2

OMG ... Passion Island looks amazing. I will have to make a mental note of this if I go back to Cozumel. Your girls look like they had so much fun.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz   Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 10:07 am

michele - tell me what kind of camera you have. i have a very good one but something is wrong because your pictures are crystal clear. and i want to have the best when i go march 28 next year.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz   Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 11:49 am

oesnjstar wrote:
michele - tell me what kind of camera you have. i have a very good one but something is wrong because your pictures are crystal clear. and i want to have the best when i go march 28 next year.

Its my waterproof digital...an Olympus Stylus 850 SW.

I love this thing. I got it because I always worried bringing good camera equipment to the beach. So I bought this and it is waterproof and drop proof. Laughing

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&rlz=1T4TSHB_enUS258US258&q=Olympus+Stylus&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=8252480908597910203#ps-sellers

You can actually snorkel with it. It shoots underwater video too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz   Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 10:35 am

Cruise Compasses for Day 5 and Day 6

Compass - Day 5 - Cozumel

Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz - Page 2 IndyDay5a
Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz - Page 2 IndyDay5b
Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz - Page 2 IndyDay5c

Compass - Day 6 - At Sea

Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz - Page 2 IndyDay6a
Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz - Page 2 IndyDay6b
Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz - Page 2 IndyDay6c
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz   Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 10:38 am

Adventure Ocean - Children Ages 3 - 5

Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz - Page 2 Indy3-5Day1
Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz - Page 2 Indy3-5Day2
Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz - Page 2 Indy3-5Day3
Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz - Page 2 Indy3-5Day4
Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz - Page 2 Indy3-5Day5
Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz - Page 2 Indy3-5Day6
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz   Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 10:39 am

Royal Infants and Tots - Fisher Price Play with Mom/Dad

Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz - Page 2 IndyRoyalTotsBabies
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz   Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 10:41 am

Adventure Ocean for Ages 6 - 8

Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz - Page 2 Indy6-8Day1
Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz - Page 2 Indy6-8Day2
Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz - Page 2 Indy6-8Day3
Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz - Page 2 Indy6-8Day4
Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz - Page 2 Indy6-8Day5
Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz - Page 2 Indy6-8Day6
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz   Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 10:43 am

Adventure Ocean for 9 - 11 and the Teen Clubs (sorry, since I didn't have kids in these age groups, I didn't get a chance to grab the complete sets)

VOYAGERS 9 - 11 (DAY 1)
Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz - Page 2 Indy9-11Day1

TEENS 12-14 (Day 1 and Day 6)
Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz - Page 2 Indy12-14Day1
Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz - Page 2 Indy12-14Day6

TEENS 15 - 17 (Day 1 and Day 6)
Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz - Page 2 Indy15-17Day1
Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz - Page 2 Indy15-17Day6

Last edited by crusinmama06 on Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dream2cruise
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
dream2cruise

Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz   Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 10:47 am

wow Michelle. I can see you are a great mom!!!!

so many activities!!!!

when my grandkids are old enough I am going to take them to a Disney cruise
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz   Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 10:55 am

dream2cruise wrote:
wow Michelle. I can see you are a great mom!!!!

so many activities!!!!

when my grandkids are old enough I am going to take them to a Disney cruise

Awww thanks! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz   Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Independence of the Seas Fort Laud, Belize, Costa Maya, Coz
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next