Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

QM2 Planetaruim

Go down 
+6
AmbianceTraveler
HelenB
NDJollyMon
BklynBoy
Giovani
lordoftime
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
HelenB
Resident Expert Family Cruising
HelenB

Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2008-04-18

QM2 Planetaruim - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: QM2 Planetaruim   QM2 Planetaruim - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 11:44 pm

I agree! We are all excited about the Planetarium! I think we'll be in linbe every day!

Oh, wait... do they change the show often? Or is it the same one for the entire cruise?
Back to top Go down
http://www.mommycruises.com
chrystine
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
chrystine

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2008-12-10

PostSubject: Re: QM2 Planetaruim   QM2 Planetaruim - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 12:15 am

HelenB wrote:
I agree! We are all excited about the Planetarium! I think we'll be in linbe every day!

Oh, wait... do they change the show often? Or is it the same one for the entire cruise?

On our cruise last year, there were 3 different shows.
Back to top Go down
HelenB
HelenB

PostSubject: Re: QM2 Planetaruim   QM2 Planetaruim - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 12:56 am

chrystine wrote:
HelenB wrote:

That's good info, thanks! I repped you... Wink
Back to top Go down
chrystine
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
chrystine

PostSubject: Re: QM2 Planetaruim   QM2 Planetaruim - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 8:23 am

HelenB wrote:
chrystine wrote:
HelenB wrote:

That's good info, thanks! I repped you... Wink

Why thanks, Helen Smile I will look for my old QM2 daily programs for the show info. Of course, the shows may have changed sinced then.
Back to top Go down
chrystine
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
chrystine

PostSubject: Re: QM2 Planetaruim   QM2 Planetaruim - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 8:25 am

I found this description of the planetarium shows online. My favorite was Passport to the Universe.

Cosmic Collisions - Narrated by Robert Redford, it launches passengers on a spine-tingling trip through space and time to explore the cosmic collisions and hypersonic impacts that drive the dynamic and continuing evolution of the universe.

Passport to the Universe - Narrated by Tom Hanks, this awe-inspiring show reveals the wonders of the universe in a way never seen before. This Hayden Planetarium show takes passengers on an exhilarating flight though the universe and into the Orion Nebula, deep into intergalactic space.

The Search for Life: Are We Alone? - Narrated by Harrison Ford, this space show, developed by the AMNH in collaboration with NASA, delves into the role of water as one of the necessities for life as we know it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: QM2 Planetaruim   QM2 Planetaruim - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 8:29 am

where is susan? this space stuff - are we alone? - sounds like it's right up her alley
Back to top Go down
HelenB
HelenB

PostSubject: Re: QM2 Planetaruim   QM2 Planetaruim - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 6:30 pm

Those look like some great programs, CHrystine! I will definitely be looking forward to them!

(You deserve another rep for that... Wink )
Back to top Go down
chrystine
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
chrystine

PostSubject: Re: QM2 Planetaruim   QM2 Planetaruim - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 6:49 pm

Definitely make it to a show or two Smile Also, have lunch in the English Pub one day.
Back to top Go down
taurus988
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
taurus988

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2008-08-25

PostSubject: Re: QM2 Planetaruim   QM2 Planetaruim - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 7:03 pm

I am looking forward to the planetarium as well!
I just can't wait for this cruise!!!

Christine - are you joining us for July 1, 2009?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: QM2 Planetaruim   QM2 Planetaruim - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 8:03 pm

Lunch at the Golden Lion Pub is mandatory! Bangers and Mash please!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: QM2 Planetaruim   QM2 Planetaruim - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 8:19 pm

BklynBoy wrote:
oesnjstar wrote:
welcome ed. i too come from brooklyn at one time and yes, in fact, bay ridge. where do you live in bay ridge?

I am right next to Fort Hamilton Army Base and have a great shot at the harbor and VZ Bridge.

I have the best view year round of the incoming and outgoings of the Cruise Ships out of Redhook, Cape Liberty and Manhattan.

I especially enjoy Saturday & Sundays in the summer with an average of 4-5 ships departing together in a parade fashion.

Sorry, for going off the original subject of the topic.

I'm wayyyyy on the other side of Staten Island, you might as well say we live in NJ Razz I'm in Tottenville

I know Bay Ridge well and so does our board owner Tina - as she'll point out - all roads lead to Brooklyn! Wink
Back to top Go down
chrystine
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
chrystine

PostSubject: Re: QM2 Planetaruim   QM2 Planetaruim - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 8:36 pm

taurus988 wrote:
I am looking forward to the planetarium as well!
I just can't wait for this cruise!!!

Christine - are you joining us for July 1, 2009?

I wish I was- sounds like a blast. But unfortunately, no Sad
Back to top Go down
BklynBoy
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
BklynBoy

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-03-18

PostSubject: You Are Aways Away................   QM2 Planetaruim - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 10:23 pm

"I'm wayyyyy on the other side of Staten Island, you might as well say we live in NJ Razz I'm in Tottenville

I know Bay Ridge well and so does our board owner Tina - as she'll point out - all roads lead to Brooklyn!"
Wink

Dear Nick,
Yes, I know it well. You are ALL THE WAY on the base of SI. Even though we are from Bklyn, we like going to
the SI Mall alot.

I think everyone knows Brooklyn. Even when we are on cruises, people can tell we are from Brooklyn from our
accent. And even in the Midwest from where I believe Tina is from.

Yes, we are also looking forward to the cruise after booking the cruise thru Cunard and starting our countdown clock.

She (QM2) will be coming to Brooklyn soon and we may run down to the pier to see her. We do this quite often since it is only 10-12 minutes away from home. It is really hard to stand outside of the gate and see her or even ride thru the terminal area and have to ride away knowing we are not booked onboard.

That's why we book a cruise.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: QM2 Planetaruim   QM2 Planetaruim - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 8:05 am

ok hold everything. i thought the brooklyn pier was in red hook. i've never been to the new piers but i heard it was red hook. what you got a helicopter to get from fort hamilton to red hook in 10-12 minutes? they build new roads since i left brooklyn? is that also where princess leaves from too? haven't been to that area in a very long time.
Back to top Go down
chrystine
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
chrystine

PostSubject: Re: QM2 Planetaruim   QM2 Planetaruim - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 9:55 am

oesnjstar wrote:
ok hold everything. i thought the brooklyn pier was in red hook. i've never been to the new piers but i heard it was red hook. what you got a helicopter to get from fort hamilton to red hook in 10-12 minutes? they build new roads since i left brooklyn? is that also where princess leaves from too? haven't been to that area in a very long time.

Pat- You're right. The pier is in the Red Hook section- right across from Governors Island. And yes, the Caribbean Princess leaves from the same pier.
Back to top Go down
BklynBoy
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
BklynBoy

PostSubject: Maybe 15 minutes........   QM2 Planetaruim - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 10:34 am

oesnjstar wrote:

Dear Pat & Scott,
Maybe 15 minutes......stretching it abit. (I would love a helicopter ride to the QM2 - What A Great Entrance At The Pier!)

When leaving for the pier after rush hour, we can make it by the Gowanus to Imlay Street (Behind the Bklyn Battery Tunnel) in 15min (or 12). Example: last time 11:00AM left the house - Entrance to Pier 11:15AM. Yes.

It would be longer if you take 3rd Avenue because of all the Traffic Lights under the Gownanus.

Oh yeh, they are working feverishly on the Gowanus to keep it from falling down. Eventually, they want to place a tunnel under 3rd Avenue and make upper 3rd Avenue a fancy boulevard. But that is long way off.

I can actually see the Redhook Piers from Bay Ridge when the QM2 or Princess are in. What a site when riding on the Belt Parkway and seeing that smoke stack so high in the sky. Redhook really isn't that far away compared to the Manhattan piers. What a hassle.

Yes, the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal located in Redhook (behind the Battery Tunnel) does service the Cunard, Princess and even seen but rarely used the Carnival line.

I hope you get to see the New Brooklyn Cruise Terminal someday. What a terminal. I never experienced such a terminal. You really can get on the ship very fast. You rarely hear complaints about embarkation time. Many say it is the example of a very special terminal. You move very fast thru it. From the front door, thru security, on line for checkin and then head for the ship.

If on the Grill - Preference Line of the terminal, we can be on the ship in no time flat and heading for the Kings Court for Lunch.

Why so easy, no other ships in port too at the time (only one ship pier). Staff moves you thru fast. Our preference over Manhattan hands down.

From outside the gate (near the Snapple Factory street), what a site to see her (QM2). You can't even fit her in a picture all at one time. How grand she looks up close.

Do get a chance to see the New Redhook Pier some day.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2007-08-05

PostSubject: Re: QM2 Planetaruim   QM2 Planetaruim - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 11:26 am

BklynBoy wrote:
"I'm wayyyyy on the other side of Staten Island, you might as well say we live in NJ Razz I'm in Tottenville

I know Bay Ridge well and so does our board owner Tina - as she'll point out - all roads lead to Brooklyn!"
Wink

Dear Nick,
Yes, I know it well. You are ALL THE WAY on the base of SI. Even though we are from Bklyn, we like going to
the SI Mall alot.

I think everyone knows Brooklyn. Even when we are on cruises, people can tell we are from Brooklyn from our
accent. And even in the Midwest from where I believe Tina is from.

Yes, we are also looking forward to the cruise after booking the cruise thru Cunard and starting our countdown clock.

She (QM2) will be coming to Brooklyn soon and we may run down to the pier to see her. We do this quite often since it is only 10-12 minutes away from home. It is really hard to stand outside of the gate and see her or even ride thru the terminal area and have to ride away knowing we are not booked onboard.

That's why we book a cruise.

Hi Ed,

Nope, I'm a Jersey girl that ended up in Manhattan and, yet somehow, I get pulled over to Brooklyn on a regular basis - specifically BAY RIDGE! Wink Welcome to the boards Welcome and our Cunard family, I hope you enjoy your time with us!

Tina
Back to top Go down
https://cruisefreekforums.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: QM2 Planetaruim   QM2 Planetaruim - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 3:02 pm

Like I said, all roads lead to Brooklyn!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: QM2 Planetaruim   QM2 Planetaruim - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 3:13 pm

Hey Ed,

I'm not sure if you're aware of it but, we have a pretty active Cunard following on here and we have some group cruises coming up:

July 1st on QM2
Holidays on QM2 departing December 20, 2009
Europe on Cunard - actually a double transit with Europe sometime in 2010
Queen Elizabeth Inaugural - October 2010
Westbound Transatlantic - sometime in 2011

Just wanted to let you know what we have cooking! Hope you can join us on one or all of them!

Nick
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: QM2 Planetaruim   QM2 Planetaruim - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 3:14 pm

OH and how could I forget - We have a contest for 2013 where one lucky winner is going on a Cunard World Cruise!! Here's the link: https://cruisefreekforums.forumotion.com/world-cruise-2013-on-cunard-f233/
Back to top Go down
BklynBoy
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
BklynBoy

PostSubject: Re: QM2 Planetaruim   QM2 Planetaruim - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 3:38 pm

"Hi Ed,

Nope, I'm a Jersey girl that ended up in Manhattan and, yet somehow, I get pulled over to Brooklyn on a regular basis - specifically BAY RIDGE! Wink Welcome to the boards Welcome and our Cunard family, I hope you enjoy your time with us!

Tina"

Dear Tina,
I love you Thank you very much for the personal Warm Welcome. It was so kind to receive greetings from the Admin. of the board.

On another board, which I do not wish to mention, receiving a message from the Admin, Moderator or Host of the board, would make you feel like you may be in the doghouse or possibly being called to the Principal Office.

Your board contains many warm and pleasant people I will find pleasure in getting to know. Many welcomes were also received from them.

Yes, my wife and I were born & brought up in Brooklyn, NYC, NY - USA. As Jackie Gleason called it "The Garden Spot of America".

We do enjoy our living in Bay Ridge and NYC in General. It can be challenging living and being a New Yorker in NYC in many ways.

Knowing Bay Ridge, you know we possess the grand view of the Verrazano Narrows Bridge spanning the narrows especially with it's shining pearl looking lights at night. What a gateway for a cruiseships and oceanliners to transit thru.

Also Bay Ridge is also know for it's restauant rows of 3rd and 5th Avenue. It is said, you can visit a restaurant each week and it will take you 4 years till you would cover every one of them and they still are opening.

But the fun of Brooklyn is to escape your neighbor and sneak to Nathan on Surf Ave in Coney Island and have several franks (Hot Dogs) the old fashion way.

Where do you like to frequent while in Bay Ridge & Brooklyn?

It will be a pleasure to be part of your cruise boards. Thank you
Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: QM2 Planetaruim   QM2 Planetaruim - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 3:44 pm

Hi Ed,

I'm Derek, I'm from the other side of the pond, UK here. And, I must agree that we do indeed have a wonderful board admin and owner in Tina. Many of us are former members of the site you more than likely refer to in your post, so, please make yourself right at home!

Will you be joining us on the QE Inaugural?

Derek
Back to top Go down
BklynBoy
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
BklynBoy

PostSubject: Re: QM2 Planetaruim   QM2 Planetaruim - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 3:50 pm

Nick Needs To Know wrote:
Hey Ed,

I'm not sure if you're aware of it but, we have a pretty active Cunard following on here and we have [size=13][b]some group cruises coming up:

July 1st on QM2

Just wanted to let you know what we have cooking! Hope you can join us on one or all of them!

Nick

Dear Nick,

We are booked thru our Cunard Rep on the QM2 - 5 Day - New England/ Canada Cruise in some 100+ days.

This will be our 4th time back to NE/Canada. Twice on the QE2 and Twice on the QM2.

Unfortunately we only cruise once a year.

Last year was the 13 day QM2 Panama Canal/Western & Eastern Caribbean.

We like cruising on a cruise of 10-12 days in length.

How many cruises do you have under your belt?
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: QM2 Planetaruim   QM2 Planetaruim - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 3:59 pm

BklynBoy wrote:
"I know Bay Ridge well and so does our board owner Tina - as she'll point out - all roads lead to Brooklyn!" Wink

And even in the Midwest from where I believe Tina is from.

You seem to know a lot about Tina...how do you know her?
Back to top Go down
http://cruise-aritaville.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: QM2 Planetaruim   QM2 Planetaruim - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 4:00 pm

Excellent, you MUST join our Cruise Freek activities on-board! My wife and I are currently Platinum level with Cunard but, in total we're hovering around the 50 cruises mark to date. And, we're only in our 40s!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: QM2 Planetaruim   QM2 Planetaruim - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

QM2 Planetaruim
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board :: Cruise Line Specific Boards :: Cunard-
Jump to: