Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Are you shopping in July?

Go down 
+2
MerryMeetingTravel
AmbianceTraveler
6 posters

Shopping?
YES I want to shop 29th in the morning
Are you shopping in July? Vote_lcap11%Are you shopping in July? Vote_rcap
 11% [ 1 ]
YES I want to shop 29th in the afternoon
 11% [ 1 ]
YES I want to shop 30th in the morning
 11% [ 1 ]
No I'm not shopping at all
Are you shopping in July? Vote_lcap67%Are you shopping in July? Vote_rcap
 67% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 9

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

Number of posts : 889
Registration date : 2007-09-05

Are you shopping in July? Empty
PostSubject: Are you shopping in July?   Are you shopping in July? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 1:48 am

OK ladies, many of you are coming in a few day early. I need to know how many of you would like to do a shopping trip either the afternoon of the 29th or the morning of the 30th. (Need to allow plenty of time to get ready for the evening) Please only vote if you are SERIOUS and planning on going. Then post here with the stores you would most like to hit.
This will really help Marina & Christina who are helping put it together know what is of interest.

Thank you!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ambiancetc.com
MerryMeetingTravel
Host
Host

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Are you shopping in July?   Are you shopping in July? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 7:48 am

Hi Nina,

I know that Ally and I are looking forward to walking around and shopping. I know she mentioned the American Girl Store (she will be 7, lol)... I am open to any stores...
So the plan is to go as a group?

Trying to figure out... are kids going to be welcome at dinner? I know we won't be able to go to the show...

I GOOFED! I meant to say the 30th... we are flying in on the 30th... ummm, what is being planned for the afternoon? I better look around...
And....I totally apologize for the goof... it is early and coffee hasn't kicked in.
Dolores
Back to top Go down
http://www.MerryMeetingTravel.com
thevacationstop
Host
Host
thevacationstop

Number of posts : 444

PostSubject: Re: Are you shopping in July?   Are you shopping in July? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 11:59 am

We're driving up the morning of the cruise. So, my wife won't be able to go shopping with you. What a shame! Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://thevacationstop.com
taurus988
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
taurus988

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2008-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Are you shopping in July?   Are you shopping in July? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 12:19 pm

Gee, Steve...you sound soo disappointed for her...(almost!) Laughing
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Are you shopping in July?   Are you shopping in July? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 1:34 pm

I chose the morning of the 29th but, it probably doesn't really matter morning or afternoon or even which day. I thought maybe my boys could go to the Intrepid museum while the girls went shopping.

As far as stores go, shouldn't we try to hit the stores that Marina has gift cards for?
Are they near each other?

This is from the thread last fall: As posted by Marina....

Perhaps we should explain that we are organizing a shopping day for those coming in early for the July 1, 2009 sailing. And, that we're putting together a small gift pack for each room which will include gift cards to various stores.

This what we have so far:

$25 Anthropologie Gift Card - per room
$25 FAO Schwarz Gift Card - per room
$25 Sephora Gift Card - per room
$50 Saks Fifth Avenue Gift Card - per room

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are you shopping in July?   Are you shopping in July? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 2:37 pm

thevacationstop wrote:
We're driving up the morning of the cruise. So, my wife won't be able to go shopping with you. What a shame! Laughing

Think I'll ship Leanna down to you Steve, this way she can't go shopping on me. Like that will stop her, she's in Manhattan so much I keep telling we should just move in and live across the street from Bloomingdales! lol!
Back to top Go down
flowers
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
flowers

Number of posts : 468
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Are you shopping in July?   Are you shopping in July? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 7:35 pm

I'll probably walk by the stores, but I dont have any shopping in mind. I hope to do the zoo in Central Park, or maybe the museum and might try to squeeze in a musical, but looks like they dont have them on monday night and Im not sure if we will fly in in time to get to one Sunday night.

We are going to try and do touristy things, not just shop.

Oh yea, the pizza across from the hotel Iv heard is good, gotta try NYC pizza.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are you shopping in July?   Are you shopping in July? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 2:36 pm

Giving this a bump up... ThreadBump
Back to top Go down
MerryMeetingTravel
Host
Host

PostSubject: Re: Are you shopping in July?   Are you shopping in July? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 4:18 pm

My girls definitely want to shop... LOL... and pizza sounds GREAT for lunch!

(I trained them well, lol)

Is everyone getting the gift certificates/cards? Sounds like a good way to start, lol...

Dolores
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are you shopping in July?   Are you shopping in July? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 5:34 pm

Good lord, you need to give Leanna yet ANOTHER excuse to go shopping?!?! Nina, I'm beginning to think you don't like me very much Wink Razz
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

PostSubject: Re: Are you shopping in July?   Are you shopping in July? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 7:52 pm

Why Nick, how could you even think such a thing! ME? On purpse? No never, of course not! After all it's not my fault you decided to get joint accounts! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

PostSubject: Re: Are you shopping in July?   Are you shopping in July? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 7:59 pm

Considering when everyone is arriving I think the best will be to shop on the 30th. This way everyone coming in prior to that even by just one day can join in and those on the eastcoast flying in early morning on the 30th can also join in if they wish. Could start with an early lunch and shop all afternoon. Since it might be a smaller crowd shopping I'll have a suggested shopping itinerary handy with the gift certificate shops highlighted. Then everyone can either go together or go at their own pace but know they are following the same route.

Thoughts? Comments? Suggestions?
Back to top Go down
MerryMeetingTravel
Host
Host

PostSubject: Re: Are you shopping in July?   Are you shopping in July? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 8:13 am

That sounds good Nina... Great idea. I will try to get to the American Girl Store early, lol... since that isn't on the list, lol!
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

PostSubject: Re: Are you shopping in July?   Are you shopping in July? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 1:02 pm

I'll map it out Dolores and see if we can't make it a stop along the route for you Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are you shopping in July?   Are you shopping in July? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 1:37 pm

MerryMeetingTravel wrote:
That sounds good Nina... Great idea. I will try to get to the American Girl Store early, lol... since that isn't on the list, lol!

We can make arrangements for that to change! Wink
Back to top Go down
MerryMeetingTravel
Host
Host

PostSubject: Re: Are you shopping in July?   Are you shopping in July? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 5:18 pm

Very Happy You guys are soooo nice!! bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are you shopping in July?   Are you shopping in July? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Are you shopping in July?
Page 1 of 1