Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Thing You most look forward to.

Go down 
+9
Cruising Rays
Carole
chrystine
mytee4ever
Admin
taurus988
Infi
Greta
lordoftime
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Greta
Travel Agent
Travel Agent

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2008-06-19

The Thing You most look forward to. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Thing You most look forward to.   The Thing You most look forward to. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 9:06 pm

How true!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.purpleparrottravel.com

PostSubject: Re: The Thing You most look forward to.   The Thing You most look forward to. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 10:28 pm

The thing I look eorward to most is seeing the girls smile and knowing that they are happy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Thing You most look forward to.   The Thing You most look forward to. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 10:56 pm

Nick Needs To Know wrote:
I look forward to the END of the lifeboat drill - that means vacation has officially started and my time is now my own!!

HA - I almost forgot about those events. I actually only attended one drill out of my last four cruises - OOPS. The last time it was because my brother and I missed the ship and caught up with the Mercury on day four. The cruise prior to that, our entire group of 250 was told we could skip it to continue our cocktail party! Oh yeah - and my mom didn't like em if it was a bad hair day so we just hid on the old Norway and they never found us or wrote us a note asking us to repent, etc.

Not that I am suggesting anyone else skip them, mind you. Evil or Very Mad And I did attend nine of them before I turned into bad Tad.

Do as I say, not as I do, right??
Back to top Go down
Carole
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Carole

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2008-04-19

PostSubject: Re: The Thing You most look forward to.   The Thing You most look forward to. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 11:14 pm

I look forward to seeing the land disappear off in the distance!! That's when I really know that my vacation has begun.....that and the first evening sunset.
Back to top Go down
Cruising Rays
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Cruising Rays

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: The Thing You most look forward to.   The Thing You most look forward to. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 11:19 pm

Let me see....

No phone
No door bells
No work

Complete relaxation, open seas and tons of fun with 2000 other folks. Okay....wanna go now!!!!!

Kim Smile
Back to top Go down
Adirondack Pete
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Adirondack Pete

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: The Thing You most look forward to.   The Thing You most look forward to. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 11:06 am

We love to relax but noticed it takes better than 3 or 4 days.
Ten days or better know your talking a vacation!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Thing You most look forward to.   The Thing You most look forward to. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 3:02 pm

i know this is strange but the thing i look forward to is getting fresh, ripe watermelon in february.
Back to top Go down
lordoftime
First Mate
First Mate
lordoftime

Number of posts : 567
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: The Thing You most look forward to.   The Thing You most look forward to. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 3:25 pm

Everyone is strange Pat And they all show up on cruise ships. Very Happy
It's what makes the world such a fun place.
Back to top Go down
Infi
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2009-02-09

PostSubject: Re: The Thing You most look forward to.   The Thing You most look forward to. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 4:25 pm

Admin wrote:
For a classic example of a taxi dancer, I highly recommend renting the movie: Out to Sea with Jack Lemmon and Walter Matthau. They are hired to be taxi dancers on a cruise ship, it's a fun light hearted comedy.

http://www.amazon.com/Out-Sea-Jack-Lemmon/dp/B00020HAXI

Saw this movie a few weeks ago - very cute. Some excellent interior shots of HAL's old (1980-90s) Westerdam, formerly Home lines' Homeric. Definitely a watch if you enjoy older ships.
Wish more lines still had the gentlemen hosts than just Cunard.
Back to top Go down
Infi
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: The Thing You most look forward to.   The Thing You most look forward to. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 4:26 pm

oesnjstar wrote:
i know this is strange but the thing i look forward to is getting fresh, ripe watermelon in february.

I agree with this - nice, fresh fruits and berries too. And they're always presented so beautifully too - beats anything I could do at home!
Back to top Go down
lordoftime
First Mate
First Mate
lordoftime

PostSubject: Re: The Thing You most look forward to.   The Thing You most look forward to. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 4:55 pm

Infi wrote:

Does anyone know of any other lines that have taxi dancers ?
Are there any Lady taxette dancers ?
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: The Thing You most look forward to.   The Thing You most look forward to. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 5:30 pm

I look forward to: no phones, no PC's, no where to be at no specific time well except dinner.

d
Back to top Go down
ATV_Road_Rash
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
ATV_Road_Rash

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: The Thing You most look forward to.   The Thing You most look forward to. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 1:33 am

I look forward to sleeping in, I don't get to do awhole lot of that!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Thing You most look forward to.   The Thing You most look forward to. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 9:26 am

taurus988 wrote:
My absolute MOST favorite part of cruising:

Room service coffee & breakfast on the balcony - while watching (and taking 1000s of photographs of) the sunrise.
This is the most perfect time for me.

You hit it right on the head Pam! Nothing I love more than watching the ocean and flying fishies while enjoying my coffee on the balcony. Except walking on to the ship itself!
Back to top Go down
thevacationstop
Host
Host
thevacationstop

Number of posts : 444
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: The Thing You most look forward to.   The Thing You most look forward to. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 12:01 pm

Soft serve ice cream any time I want it!
That's why I was disappointed with the Crown Princess last fall. They don't have that "feature".
Back to top Go down
http://thevacationstop.com
Adirondack Pete
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Adirondack Pete

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: The Thing You most look forward to.   The Thing You most look forward to. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 12:05 pm

I going cruising to see the sea
Back to top Go down
Carole
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Carole

PostSubject: Re: The Thing You most look forward to.   The Thing You most look forward to. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 4:59 pm

I forgot about the flying fish! those were so fun to watch - something else to look forward to. Smile
Back to top Go down
lordoftime
First Mate
First Mate
lordoftime

PostSubject: Re: The Thing You most look forward to.   The Thing You most look forward to. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 5:13 pm

Hi Carole,
I was really looking for the thing you MOST looked forward to more than anything else. Most people it is just to get away. But to me you can get away without cruising. when I thought up the question I was hoping for something particular to cruising Very Happy .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Thing You most look forward to.   The Thing You most look forward to. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 5:15 pm

lordoftime wrote:
Infi wrote:

I think crystal has something similar..they are called ambassador hosts
Back to top Go down
lordoftime
First Mate
First Mate
lordoftime

PostSubject: Re: The Thing You most look forward to.   The Thing You most look forward to. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 5:19 pm

Thanks Penny.
Back to top Go down
Carole
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Carole

PostSubject: Re: The Thing You most look forward to.   The Thing You most look forward to. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 5:42 pm

If you look back, I did put something earlier. I look foward to the land disappearing as we sail out of port.
I do think the flying fish relates to cruising since that is the only time I have ever seen them. But my all time favorirte thing is sitting on the balcony and watching the land get smaller and smaller!!!

lordoftime wrote:
Hi Carole,
I was really looking for the thing you MOST looked forward to more than anything else. Most people it is just to get away. But to me you can get away without cruising. when I thought up the question I was hoping for something particular to cruising Very Happy .
Back to top Go down
Infi
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: The Thing You most look forward to.   The Thing You most look forward to. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 5:49 pm

lordoftime wrote:
Infi wrote:

As far as I know, only Cunard. I believe HAL used to and I know Celebrity did, but they (Celebrity) cut the program awhile ago.

I've never seen a female dance host, though I don't think they're very likely. Usually it's the ladies who want to dance and need partners because their husbands aren't there/aren't up to the job. Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Thing You most look forward to.   The Thing You most look forward to. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 3:04 pm

I love that feeling you get when you walk over the gangway and take your first step onto the ship. The welcoming smiles and the feeling that you have arrived and your cruise has officially begun!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Thing You most look forward to.   The Thing You most look forward to. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 3:13 pm

the minute i shut my house door behind me and take my suitcase in hand.
Back to top Go down
Infi
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: The Thing You most look forward to.   The Thing You most look forward to. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 2:32 pm

Livabeth wrote:
I love that feeling you get when you walk over the gangway and take your first step onto the ship. The welcoming smiles and the feeling that you have arrived and your cruise has officially begun!!

Ooh, I agree with this! Love that first step aboard!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Thing You most look forward to.   The Thing You most look forward to. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Thing You most look forward to.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2