Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

15 day Hawaii Cruises

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
NYC Teacher
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
NYC Teacher

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2007-08-16

15 day Hawaii Cruises Empty
PostSubject: 15 day Hawaii Cruises   15 day Hawaii Cruises Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 12:41 pm

Just wondering how the 15 day Hawaii are overall - I've heard it can be pretty rough making the Trans-Pacific crossing. What's been your experience?
Back to top Go down
Love2Hula
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Love2Hula

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2007-08-07

15 day Hawaii Cruises Empty
PostSubject: Re: 15 day Hawaii Cruises   15 day Hawaii Cruises Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 10:03 pm

We did this for the holidays in 2005/2006. While we weren't thrilled with Princess, in general... we did love the cruise itself. Seas are going to be a crapshoot, the Pacific is unpredictable as all get out.

We rode out a massive storm that slammed into California and put her in rainstorms for days. However, we did not see a drop of rain on the ship and had great weather for all 15 days - even in Hilo!! The incoming cruise before us rode in 17ft swells, we rode out 12 ft swells with crosswinds (which causes most of the seasickness). DH was in bed all of Christmas Eve which was our 2nd full sea day (just about the time we passed over the plates). The pools were closed for a couple of days heading out. You can see my photos of the pool fountains in my pics here: http://travel.webshots.com/album/550193773sVwaoh

However, on the way back - I prepared DH for the same thing coming back. We were to have a bridge tour the morning that we should have gotten the roughest seas coming back so I made him take a bonine the night before. I didn't want him missing the bridge tour. Go figure that this was the smoothest day ever. The TV screen called them "wavelets" - it was smooth as glass all the way to Ensenada!

If we were to do this again, we would do it on Royal Caribbean when they offer it a couple of times a year, or would do a 1-way. The 9+ sea days were a bit much for my husband. I loved them. If they had been broken up more, instead 4-5 day stretches, I think he would have been fine.
Back to top Go down

15 day Hawaii Cruises
Page 1 of 1