Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

handicapped and tipping question

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
John & Sandy

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-02-01

handicapped and tipping question Empty
PostSubject: handicapped and tipping question   handicapped and tipping question Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 1:50 pm

Leaving on Feb 13 from Bayonne and this is the first time I have had to bring my wheelchair and scooter along - question is what do I tip the poor guys on the dock who have to handle the scooter. And while I'm asking - anyone with experience in getting a scooter aboard (and off)

Thanks
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: handicapped and tipping question   handicapped and tipping question Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 2:24 pm

Can't answer your question but, I'll give it a bump up so that one of the travel agents might see it and be able to help you out.

By the way, welcome to the boards!! Welcome
Back to top Go down
Cruise Virgin Vinnie
Charter Member
Charter Member
Cruise Virgin Vinnie

Number of posts : 420
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: handicapped and tipping question   handicapped and tipping question Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 2:29 pm

I usually tip $5 per bag, yes, I know - I'm over tipping... So with a wheelchair and scooter - I don't know... maybe $20? Hopefully one of the travel agents can make good tipping amount suggestion.
Back to top Go down
atbcat
Travel Agent
Travel Agent
atbcat

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: handicapped and tipping question   handicapped and tipping question Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 10:52 pm

I would think that $10 would easily cover them helping you.

If you go all the way onto the ship with them, then maybe more, but if they are simply moving your wheelchair and/or scooter, then all they do is give it to the staff about 30 seconds after you give it to them, so $10 would be generous enough.

Those are my thoughts.
Back to top Go down
http://www.allthebestcruisesandtours.com
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: handicapped and tipping question   handicapped and tipping question Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 11:06 pm

Can't you just ride your scooter on board? We took my Mother in law, in a wheelchair in December, and we had to push her on board in her wheel chair.

If you need assistance, make sure you call and talk to someone in the Special Needs dept. and also remind them again, when you check in.
Back to top Go down
John & Sandy

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: handicapped and tipping question   handicapped and tipping question Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 11:31 pm

I will be riding the wheelchair aboard so we are sending the scooter. besides, at the Batonne terminal there is a bus ride from the terminal to the ship. Cape Liberty Cruise Port is an abandoned military base - quite large

Thanks for the hints - apreciate it

John
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: handicapped and tipping question   handicapped and tipping question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

handicapped and tipping question
Page 1 of 1