Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ultimate Balcony Dining- Hawaii

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
VJMorrow
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
VJMorrow

Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2008-08-24

Ultimate Balcony Dining- Hawaii Empty
PostSubject: Ultimate Balcony Dining- Hawaii   Ultimate Balcony Dining- Hawaii Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 1:48 pm

We have an aft balcony cabin on a Hawaii RT cruise this coming April on the Golden Princess. I heard about Ultimate Balcony Dining and was wondering if the sea days would be too rough in April... I wanted to book it for our anniversary which is a sea day on the return trip but not sure if this is a good idea. Are the aft balconies less likely to feel the weather, or should I just play it safe and book it on an early port departure day such as Kauai?
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Balcony Dining- Hawaii   Ultimate Balcony Dining- Hawaii Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 2:58 pm

Most days were pretty windy...but some were smoother than the others. Not sure how windy it would be...with that ships design, however.

I suppose you can alway cancel it if it's bad??? Not sure. Any day in the islands would be better than a crossing day.
Back to top Go down
http://cruise-aritaville.blogspot.com/
Love2Hula
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Love2Hula

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Balcony Dining- Hawaii   Ultimate Balcony Dining- Hawaii Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 4:06 pm

It is really hard to predict what kind of seas you are going to have. We did this cruise in December/January a couple of years ago... I know it's not April, but it is an example of the unpredictability. On the way to Hawaii we had HUGE swells & wind. Pools were closed because of the amount of water that was creating waves. Cool pictures though!! DH spent Christmas Eve in the cabin. I don't get seasick and even I was not feeling well for a bit. On the way back we had what they called "wavelets"... smooth as can be! This can be the case any time of year.

Check what the cancellation policy is when you book it. We did the breakfast one on Christmas morning (the day after the huge swells) and it was great. Go figure!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Balcony Dining- Hawaii   Ultimate Balcony Dining- Hawaii Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ultimate Balcony Dining- Hawaii
Page 1 of 1